View Full Version : Cranfield Airport - beginning of the end?

shakehandsman
19th Sep 2016, 14:32
Seen a thread over on Fly3r entitled "Cranfield's suicide note".. Anyone know if there's truth to this stuff. As a former resident I'd be very disappointed to see the place going down the tubes. :sad:

Genghis the Engineer
19th Sep 2016, 16:04
I've been following the thread. Whilst nobody really knows for sure what's in senior managers minds at Cranfield, what's being posted there is factually correct and numerous aircraft are leaving. Whether the latter is temporary or permanent, I don't suppose anybody knows yet.

G

shakehandsman
19th Sep 2016, 16:27
:eek:

Not a good outcome.

t'was hardly 'busy' when I was therebut at least there was a good variety of based aircraft.

TheOddOne
19th Sep 2016, 17:01
We used to come and collect/deliver aircraft out of hours for one of the (now defunct) schools with no problems. Said 'thank goodness' for the Stewartby chimney on more than one occasion. My wife used to fly in for meetings in her PA28 at the Uni at the weekends, also no problems. Sad to see it becoming more restrictive.

TOO

shakehandsman
27th Oct 2016, 16:14
Cranfield was like a ghost town this week - looks like plenty of based aircraft have moved on. Sad to see. Fewer business jets around also. They do look to have had some runway work done though (looked very 'new' from the overhead).

Closed weekends, limited hours on some weekdays and additional clouses from just before Christmas until the New Year. Apparently the fuelling hours are being cut also.