PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Magazine website is down

QDMQDMQDM
2nd Jul 2002, 20:38
Or at least I think it is.

This is most intriguing because on the discussion forum there on Friday there was an extraordinary public spat between a couple of members of the now departed editorial team and the management. It seems almost every name you have ever heard of at Pilot, including Mike Jerram, Philip Whiteman, Bob Grimstead, Maxi Gainza, John Templeton Smith, Nigel Everett and others has left or been sacked.

The site may have come back online by the time you read this and, of course, any downtime may be entirely coincidental to what happened last week...

http://www.pilotweb.co.uk

QDM

formationfoto
3rd Jul 2002, 08:37
QDM
Checked and the site is certainly working now. There was no connection between the unavailability and the forum debate you refer to. This debate, by the way has now been quietened down 'off line' and a number of the posters have decided to withdraw or modify their comments so more ex spat than spat.

Many of the names associated with PILOT remain and will continue to be evident over the coming months, other names you have heard of but have not been regular contributors will also be evident I understand.

The story behind all this is a matter for the involved parties and shouldn't be played out in public so rumour and speculation will have to suffice. We all like intrigue.

I think we are spoilt with three GA magazines to choose from in this country. They all serve different segments of the market and for anyone willing to buy all three offer plenty of monthly reading. We all have our favourite depending on where we are with our flying career and our knowledge base. For some PILOT is far too stuffy and detailled for others it isn't as detailled as they would like. It remains, however, the GA magazine with the highest level of analysis and knowledge and I keep it on my coffee table or in my flight bag to make it look as if I know quite a bit about the GA world.

QDMQDMQDM
3rd Jul 2002, 09:52
Fair enough, Ian.

And I see the relevant thread has just been edited by yourself. You're entitled to keep your disputes to yourselves if you want.

I hope Pilot comes through it OK. I've always found it a great mag.

QDM

formationfoto
3rd Jul 2002, 15:31
Thanks QDM - they are all great in their own way but I have to suggest that PILOT is 'first amongst equals'. I would only add that 'dispute' is a bit loaded a term. Those of us involved in the public washing of dirty clothing have realised that it is better to use our private washing machines - if you follow the drift -or was it dreft - or surf...:)