PDA

View Full Version : Falsifying commercial aircrafts logbook

hi777
23rd Aug 2016, 18:49
hi,

One of my friend is working for a charter operator and many flights are not logged in the a/c logbooks. It's a real bad company and my friend is looking to leave.

What kind of consequences the company and the pilots participating can face?

Chuck Ellsworth
24th Aug 2016, 02:27
What kind of consequences the company and the pilots participating can face?

The company saves money on not having to do maintenance and the pilots will end up working for Transport Canada if they don't get killed flying for that company.

paco
24th Aug 2016, 06:32
It's not a helicopter operator not too far from Springbank is it? :)

It's criminally negligent of course. But it happens. Your friend should make sure that every trip he does is properly recorded if he stays there.

Phil

rotornut
24th Aug 2016, 18:31
It's an offence under s. 7.3(1)(c) of the Aeronautics Act: Aeronautics Act (http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/a-2/page-12.html#h-27)

India Four Two
25th Aug 2016, 13:21
hi777,

At the very least, your friend should contact TC anonymously. Besides being illegal, the practice has the potential to kill people in the future due to inadequate maintenance.

Dufo
25th Aug 2016, 15:08
All flights must be logged. Don't be afraid to speak up. And stop this 'my friend' crap.

rotornut
25th Aug 2016, 22:19
If they have done that with the journey log what have they done with the technical log?

oleary
26th Aug 2016, 04:19
[quote] One of my friend is working for a charter operator and many flights are not logged in the a/c logbooks. It's a real bad company and my friend is looking to leave. [quote]

You do know that under certain conditions you can group flight entries, right?

hi777
27th Aug 2016, 17:22
Entire days of flights are missing in the aircrafts logbook... My friend told me they give bonus for the pilots who are involved.

If my friend have proofs what kind of consequences the pilots participating and the company can face?

hi777
7th Sep 2016, 15:38
So? That's fine with TC even if you show proof?