View Full Version : Aer Lingus - Direct Entry Pilot (A320)

Pages : [1] 2 3

FlyVeryHigh-
17th Aug 2016, 11:19
Aer Lingus DEP A320 now open:

https://aerlingus.recruitment.northgatearinso.com/lgrl/pages/vacancy.jsf?latest=01001120

MaverickPrime
17th Aug 2016, 16:17
Also here -

AviationJobs.Me Flight Crew: A320 Rated and Non Type Rated First Officers Aer Lingus Ireland (http://www.aviationjobs.me/2016/08/a320-rated-first-officers-aer-lingus.html)

Quite gobsmacked at this. Anyone care to read the Essential criteria? All you need is a fATPL and a MCC. Obviously applicants with experience and a 320 rating will have the edge, but at least people with no experience will have the chance to apply.

speed_alive_rotate
17th Aug 2016, 17:01
Its a good news story for us fATPL folk who usually don't get a sniff with a major like Aer Lingus. With their cadet recruitment and now the direct entry recruitment they are leading the way in terms of fairness for all to apply.

I am not naive to the fact that Irish in the desert with 1000s of Airbus hours won't have a considerable edge , however fair play to Aer Lingus for giving everyone a shot!!

Hats off to Aer Lingus , a few airlines could learn a thing or two from them!!!!

Blackjackie
21st Aug 2016, 05:14
Hi guys, when providing references is it about instructors from flight training, previous employers or people who know you for 5 year background check?

LYNFROMDENMARK
19th Sep 2016, 15:27
I just received an e-mail inviting me to complete the online assessment. Anyone have some information on how to prepare before starting the tests?

Best regards

jadalabada
19th Sep 2016, 15:45
I just received the email and am also curious about what to expect from the tests. Anyone?

LYNFROMDENMARK
19th Sep 2016, 16:40
I just received the email and am also curious about what to expect from the tests. Anyone?
I just completed the tests. They are quite similar to the Norwegian assessment. A questionnaire, some verbal reasoning, multitasking and reactivity - among others. Good luck to everybody! ;-)

LoRaZo
19th Sep 2016, 16:41
i think that this test are very similar to easyjet and norwegian test

speed_alive_rotate
19th Sep 2016, 17:27
Is a joystick / mouse required? I would not expect any other help from others than that as this is no doubt a very sought after job.

Are any of you gents A320 rated? I am not and so was shocked to even get an invite to have a go at the online assessment as I thought the amount of rated 320 drivers who would apply would be massive.

Regards,
SAR

Cappe08
19th Sep 2016, 17:51
Hi guys,
I have been invited to complete the online assessment. I think we are facing the same tests as for ezy and nax, maybe we will find something more maths oriented stuff. :ugh:
probably I will take the test tonight
Good luck to everyone and keep in touch about any feedback

cheers

PS: I am not 320 rated

SeventhHeaven
19th Sep 2016, 22:24
They always invite everyone - Nobody has had a look at your application yet, it's just a computer sending our invitations.

You'll need a hella score to get in as a 250hr wonder, but at least you have a shot!

I do wish they gave more than 48 hr notice, on a weekday as well! These aren't the kind of tests you just tick off quickly before lunch either!

ShineOn
20th Sep 2016, 09:41
Has anyone NOT got this email?

speed_alive_rotate
20th Sep 2016, 10:23
Few guys from my flight school never got the mail to complete the tests so I assume there was some , however small , filtering!!

dboy
20th Sep 2016, 10:49
I think i did the test already for the 4th or 5th time. Like always, the most of us will get a pfo letter. This is just a big filter. Don't have huge expectations.

Damien60
20th Sep 2016, 12:19
I have done the test and I can tell you that it was not the same as the previous year. More similar to EZY's one. Last year I was not called in for the interview (not type rated and only 250hrs at that time). A friend of mine was only type rated with 250hrs and was called in for an individual interview and a sim check. He's now F/O for EI...
So this year I'm Type Rated :-)

spaflyer
20th Sep 2016, 15:29
Damien60, did you paid for TR without having a job???

SeventhHeaven
20th Sep 2016, 15:44
Glad to see you're proud about having bought a TR! Now please do me a favour and mention in this thread when you get your PFO letter, so we can laugh at your 'investment'. FFS they had 3000+ applications last year and turned down PLENTY of A320 rated/experienced pilots....

Damien60
20th Sep 2016, 16:10
Indeed my TR was not very expensive because I have been lucky to have some financial supports from my company and from the French government. That's why I decided to make this leap. Moreover with TR some French airlines are recruiting now so I don’t think it is a bad “investment”
SeventhHeaven, I'm not pretending I'm sure to be called this year. I just want to maximize my chances to be called regarding my friend's experience... Your post seems to be a little bit hateful.
Anyway good luck to all !

Wrightflyer1
20th Sep 2016, 20:11
Has anyone, that's completed the online assessments been given a response?

speed_alive_rotate
20th Sep 2016, 20:21
Surely its too early for a reply yet @Wrightflyer1 , the tests don't have to be completed until 1600 tomorrow !! Although I would not be surprised if things started moving fast after this first stage!! PFOs from Monday i would think.....

Fieldins
20th Sep 2016, 22:45
Hi guys, i also got the mail. How many time you'll need to complete the test?
Thanks and good luck!

decky24
21st Sep 2016, 08:05
As many as it takes

spaflyer
21st Sep 2016, 08:09
Around 1 to 1.5 hours but it depends on you :)

mackoi
21st Sep 2016, 10:03
I don't expect any mail of any kind before tomorrow.

dboy
21st Sep 2016, 10:21
What i remember from last time is that a lot of guys got a mail saying they passed the test. And later on they a got a second mail: tx but no tx.

Fieldins
22nd Sep 2016, 08:48
Really helpfull and funny... really... @decky24

jadalabada
22nd Sep 2016, 08:58
What is PFO? :ugh:

spaflyer
22nd Sep 2016, 09:01
Please Fuc* Off, , in Spanish like: Gracias, pero que te den :P

mackoi
22nd Sep 2016, 10:07
What i remember from last time is that a lot of guys got a mail saying they passed the test. And later on they a got a second mail: tx but no tx.

Excellent way to lift you to the heaven and then smash you back onto the ground.

Whispering Giant
23rd Sep 2016, 11:30
Just a word of warning, you can only use Internet explorer, Safari or Google chrome to access and complete the online assessment's. I only have Safari available to me and you can't access all the test's and I have been in touch with EI and they advise that it is only supported on the above browsers. Not a very good recruitment process if you only have limited browser's supported by the recruitment softwear.

edmall14
23rd Sep 2016, 13:10
Has anybody who has taken the online tests had a response yet? I would have though we would have heard by today?

spaflyer
23rd Sep 2016, 13:14
No not yet.

mackoi
23rd Sep 2016, 14:18
Nothing yet

Fieldins
24th Sep 2016, 09:04
not yet.....

zubairways
24th Sep 2016, 13:44
Nope nothing yet

latecoere240
27th Sep 2016, 11:48
Nothing yet on my side too..:(

dboy
27th Sep 2016, 17:57
Guys be patient. Like always it can take a while. Was not different than the other times before. I would be very surprised if they contact straight away.

erky
29th Sep 2016, 19:33
Does anyone know how many people applied for Direct entry ???

Eireannach
29th Sep 2016, 19:52
Has anyone heard back , personality tests etc etc?

Cosmatix
30th Sep 2016, 14:17
Just got an Email inviting me to do 2 personality tests. Looks like the whole process is moving pretty fast :ok:

Douzze
30th Sep 2016, 17:31
I have just received an email for a second personality test (2 tests).

Sky-Plod
30th Sep 2016, 17:38
Does anyone know how many people applied for Direct entry ???

3,500 was what I heard from one of the assessors.

speed_alive_rotate
30th Sep 2016, 17:58
Anyone asked to complete more online tests?

Any idea about final numbers they are looking for Direct entry?

mackoi
1st Oct 2016, 06:01
I'm wondering how many phases this process has. Anyone knows?

latecoere240
1st Oct 2016, 08:48
It will be interesting to know the profile of guys that receive email for second personnality test.

P06T
1st Oct 2016, 14:10
Frozen ATPL
MCC & JOC
260TT

speed_alive_rotate
1st Oct 2016, 15:11
when you completed the personality tests did you get any notification or just as soon as you finished the two you just exited??

Frozen ATPL
MCC & JOC
220TT

P06T
2nd Oct 2016, 06:44
Just exited

Fieldins
3rd Oct 2016, 10:21
Anyone with a negative replay?

Shutdownatpl
3rd Oct 2016, 16:56
any negative feedback at all from anyone after completing the initial online assesment?

SeventhHeaven
3rd Oct 2016, 18:18
If you didn't get invited for the second set of tests, you weren't considered. You'll get your PFO in a few days/weeks.

That's how it went last year at least. I imagine they have a delay to keep their options open? I doubt they need to, with 3500 applications.

erky
6th Oct 2016, 15:22
I have just received an email

"Dear Erky Thank you for your application for the role of Direct Entry Pilots. Unfortunately we must inform you that on this occasion your application is unsuccessful. We would like to thank you for your interest in Aer Lingus and wish you every success in your future career. Yours Sincerely The Aer Lingus Recruitment Team"

No reason stated!!

We will see how equal opportunities works!! Lets see how many pilots from other nations they will hire?

Good luck to everyone who is on second stage.

dboy
7th Oct 2016, 07:55
Got the same mail. Like always. :)

spaflyer
7th Oct 2016, 10:07
If you didn't get invited for the second set of tests, you weren't considered. You'll get your PFO in a few days/weeks.

That's how it went last year at least. I imagine they have a delay to keep their options open? I doubt they need to, with 3500 applications. Wrong and wrong, if you didn't receive yet your TFO is because they still looking, so yes we stay opting for those positions, and applicants is half of the figure you mention as far as I'm aware from good source. So guys keep positivie and your fingers crossed! :)

P06T
7th Oct 2016, 10:18
I have just received an email

"Dear Erky Thank you for your application for the role of Direct Entry Pilots. Unfortunately we must inform you that on this occasion your application is unsuccessful. We would like to thank you for your interest in Aer Lingus and wish you every success in your future career. Yours Sincerely The Aer Lingus Recruitment Team"

No reason stated!!

We will see how equal opportunities works!! Lets see how many pilots from other nations they will hire?

Good luck to everyone who is on second stage.

Did you get the second email?

erky
7th Oct 2016, 11:18
P06T
This was my second email.

speed_alive_rotate
7th Oct 2016, 12:24
@spaflyer ,

What is your sources saying on amount of candidates that applied? Do you know how many they are looking for? And more importantly how many more stages there is , I was told 7 stages from a half reliable source!!

ego180
7th Oct 2016, 19:44
Same email as Erky

magicmick
8th Oct 2016, 12:50
Custard pie email for me as well, oh well choke it down, lick my lips, smile sweetly and wait patiently for the next one.

Good luck to those still in the race.

spaflyer
10th Oct 2016, 11:23
Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your application for the role of Direct Entry Pilot.

We would like to inform you that you have passed the initial screening phase and we will be reviewing your full application over the coming months.

When we advertised we stated we would be recruiting for a panel of Direct Entry Pilots in January and February 2017. We may invite you to participate in the next stage of the selection process during that time.

We would like to thank you for your continued interest in Aer Lingus.

So next stage! :)

P06T
10th Oct 2016, 11:29
Same email! Good luck

confeen
10th Oct 2016, 11:30
Did you do the online personality tests?

Fieldins
10th Oct 2016, 11:40
Same email??? but why not the next test??? any idea??

P06T
10th Oct 2016, 11:49
If you received this email then you already had submitted the aptitude and personality tests.
So there aren't anymore tests.

Fieldins
10th Oct 2016, 13:40
ehm but i never made the test!

hph304
10th Oct 2016, 13:42
In that case don't worry - you won't be invited.

spaflyer
10th Oct 2016, 13:44
The first initial test had both, although some people received some extra.

Fieldins
10th Oct 2016, 14:57
ah ok..in my first test i made 7 exercises..

British eagle
11th Oct 2016, 07:41
Hello Guys..

Somehow I passed the online assessment and it says I might be invited for the next stage in Jan Or Feb !!

Does anyone have any idea about the next step?

I've read somewhere that there will be a next round of online tests in Dublin :( Please tell me that's not true............

Ich Bin Solo
11th Oct 2016, 08:31
Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your application for the role of Direct Entry Pilot.

We would like to inform you that you have passed the initial screening phase and we will be reviewing your full application over the coming months.

When we advertised we stated we would be recruiting for a panel of Direct Entry Pilots in January and February 2017. We may invite you to participate in the next stage of the selection process during that time.

We would like to thank you for your continued interest in Aer Lingus.

So next stage! :)
I got the same email, all the best to everyone 🍀!

Aclapilot
11th Oct 2016, 13:43
Wrong and wrong, if you didn't receive yet your TFO is because they still looking, so yes we stay opting for those positions, and applicants is half of the figure you mention as far as I'm aware from good source. So guys keep positivie and your fingers crossed! :)

Hey guys ! I got the positive e-mail, but no second test. What is PFO/TFO by the way ?

yoland
12th Oct 2016, 06:22
Sigma now looking A320 rated pilots for Aer lingus contract. Whats going on in this company??????

Jonnyknoxville
12th Oct 2016, 14:08
Same crap every time from AL , waste peoples time , then hire contractors .

Aclapilot
12th Oct 2016, 19:03
Did you get the second email?

Evening all. Does anybody have any solid info as to whether those who received this mail can actually expect to have any positive come back before January/February, or is it just lead balloon material ? I'm seeing conflicting opinions on here and don't know what to think/expect.

dreamlinerguy
12th Oct 2016, 19:21
Same crap every time from AL , waste peoples time , then hire contractors .
I concur. Keep external mice sales up too...

xCossie
18th Oct 2016, 13:31
I went through the selection last year, done the online test throughout September/October then I had an interview at the very end of November, in January I got the email that I was in the holding pool. Got the call in May and will be starting my type soon.. must be slightly different this year but hang in there. Best of luck lads

Newpilot2017
19th Oct 2016, 12:33
Hi cossie, did you already have a typerating on a320 or also an ab initio?

xCossie
21st Oct 2016, 10:40
No 320 Type but at the time of the interview i had 400 hours multicrew.

Mlambin
21st Oct 2016, 16:24
I had the same mail with the January February things, but I still believe it's a way to say "we keep your cv and we will see later"

I just hope i'm wrong !

billyjack
2nd Nov 2016, 20:14
anyone got an invitation by now ?

spaflyer
3rd Nov 2016, 16:08
No nothing, and probably we will not until December/January as stated on the email.

Newpilot2017
3rd Nov 2016, 20:03
Someone i know got invited for the next round, end of november.

eduz
10th Nov 2016, 15:26
Hi guys!
I'm new, i got a call last week from aer lingus and they told me that the assessment day will be on the 29th of this month, anyone got the same call? If so, PM me ;)

P06T
11th Nov 2016, 07:23
Nothing yet. Background?

SeventhHeaven
11th Nov 2016, 15:37
I'd be curious to know what things AL looks for. Anyone willing to elaborate?

eduz
12th Nov 2016, 00:22
I went through the selection last year, done the online test throughout September/October then I had an interview at the very end of November, in January I got the email that I was in the holding pool. Got the call in May and will be starting my type soon.. must be slightly different this year but hang in there. Best of luck lads

Hi xCossie, can you tell us more about your interview? Any help would be very appreciated :p

mcdonnst2
16th Nov 2016, 11:10
Hi Eduz, did you get a call or email?

Anerg
17th Nov 2016, 16:35
Hello everybody,

I just booked my flights to Dublin for the assessment on the 28.. Just found this thread by chance and created my account. Is anyone of you going to be in Dublin the weekend prior and would be interested in meeting up for some sightseeing, preparation or whatnot? Also as others above me have already requested, any information about the assessment is well appreciated and i would also be interested in chatting to a F/O working for Aer Lingus (if that applies to anyone here by chance).

MardukAsthar
17th Nov 2016, 20:27
Hi Anerg,

Good to know things are moving, when did you get your email for this assessment? Personnaly, nothing since the mail beginning of october ("passed the initial screen phase, review during coming months").

Anerg
18th Nov 2016, 12:28
I got an email to call them on the 28. Oct. where they invited me.

aviador35
20th Nov 2016, 15:04
Hi guys

I'm gonna be there next week for the assessment, someone have more info about the interview or the simulator??

Thanks!!

spaflyer
21st Nov 2016, 10:33
Hi Anerg, I currently live in Dublin, so if you want to meet on the weekend let me know mate!

billyjack
21st Nov 2016, 12:27
I will also attend the assessment on the 28th, probably arriving on the 26th.
Would be nice to meet up with someone beforehand !

mustafacelal
21st Nov 2016, 16:15
Hi guys.

I'm still waiting for an invitation after last mail on the 10'th of okt where i got mail for passing the initial screening phase.

Anyway, Good luck for the assessment on 28-29 nov.

Anerg
22nd Nov 2016, 10:35
Hey Spaflyer and Billyjack,

I tried to find some kind of privat messaging system in this forum but couldnt find anything. As i have nothing planed for the weekend im more then happy to meet with you. Is there a good way to go about sorting that stuff out, other then posting Skype or Email in here for everyone to see? Does adding somebody to contacts do anything that would help?

tl.vanlieshout
22nd Nov 2016, 13:54
Hi guys

I'm gonna be there next week for the assessment, someone have more info about the interview or the simulator??

Thanks!!
Hi aviador35,

I am also living near Málaga (Benalmadena) and invited the 29th of November. Want to get in contact?

chadmed
22nd Nov 2016, 18:25
hi guys...

im typerated FO in a mexican airline..fly A319/20/21 with 2000 hours in the Airbus
i made a trip to europe last month and used Aerlingus, for some reason i really enjoyed it and i saw myself flyin for this airline... my question is do you think i could have an opportunity with them???

given the facts that i am a national from Mexico and i own a ATPL ICAO license

im thinking about taking the tests and coverting to EASA ATPL

Good luck to everyone keep on studying

CJ3
24th Nov 2016, 10:53
Hey guys, I just got a call for an invitation in mid January. Is there anyone else attending? Also every peace of info about the assessment day is highly appreciated :ok:

f0rc3
3rd Dec 2016, 23:16
I am having the simulator assessment in about one week, does anyone have any information on that?

mcdonnst2
5th Dec 2016, 05:35
People who have been called, what experience do you have?

P06T
5th Dec 2016, 10:27
I'm also interested in this please

Shamrock16
5th Dec 2016, 11:13
Have many been called for assessment in Jan? I am still waiting on the call but was wondering if you guys have heard of assessment dates/numbers selected etc

SeventhHeaven
6th Dec 2016, 17:40
Theyve invited a mix of people, from ab initio to experienced A320 pilots. They've been assessing people since early october and are looking to hire about 65 people this winter.

Fieldins
7th Dec 2016, 13:06
Anyone got the call after the mail for Jan/Feb assessment??

Mlambin
7th Dec 2016, 16:30
@Fieldins: I received that mail and still nothing. I didn't know what they meant by this mail.

Fieldins
7th Dec 2016, 17:40
I wrote an email to ask news... we will see...

Shamrock16
8th Dec 2016, 10:32
Did they send you an email Fieldins about an assessment in Jan??

Fieldins
8th Dec 2016, 17:42
not yet...!

Damien60
9th Dec 2016, 09:52
Hi all,

I've just received a second mail asking me to complete 2 other questionnaires.

Mlambin
9th Dec 2016, 12:51
I just received an email with 2 more personality test to perform before Monday. Will see how it goes !

Shamrock16
9th Dec 2016, 16:04
Did you guys complete the personality tests after the aptitude testing?? I have completed the personality assessment and have heard nothing since the "you have successfully passed the initial screening" email.

Fieldins
9th Dec 2016, 21:06
Me too, today i got 2 personality test! I didn't get after the first test...

horn23
11th Dec 2016, 21:01
Same here with two more questtionares.

mankan
16th Dec 2016, 21:01
Hi guys a friend of mine applied on September and was offered the job.

He was type rated but zero hours on type and love w hours TT

I was invited to fill out the personality questionnaire like many of you on 9 Dec but since then nothing!

Fieldins
16th Dec 2016, 21:07
hey mankan I also got the 2 questionnaire but after no reply.. one week ago....

ShamrockWings
17th Dec 2016, 10:00
Hi,

I applied in August when the application process window opened and I just got the job this last week

I received the first set of 7 tests (multitasking, verbal reasoning etc... ) almost inmediately after the application window closed, just like anyone else. After two or three weeks I received the second set of tests and two weeks more after that I received the famous e-mail saying that I had passed but that I should not expect anything else until January.

Surprisingly, at the end of october, a lady called me and invited me to an assessment day to be celebrated in Dublin by the end of November. I went to the assessment day and spent all the day there. One week after they called again to offer me a spot for the sim test. One week after the sim test they called to tell me that I was being offered a first officer position.

Please do not ask me for details about the interviews or sim. We were told not to publish anything anywhere because they consider this process as a competition and it would not be fair if some people had details beforehand.

My guess is that due to the large number of candidates they may be splitting them in several groups and may take a veery long time to complete the selection for some candidates. Just a guess.

Be patient, do not desperate.

Ich Bin Solo
19th Dec 2016, 07:06
Shamrock Wings, firstly congratulations!

Secondly could you give any indications of what the contracts are like? For obvious reasons I understand if you wouldn't want to post specifics. But all the information I can find is over 5 years old, and the company has seen some changes in that time!

All the best!

speed_alive_rotate
19th Dec 2016, 08:59
Congratulations @ShamrockWings,

Just out of interest what is your experience level - are you type rated A320, multi hour commercial experienced etc?

There seems to be a good mix being called which is great.

ShamrockWings
19th Dec 2016, 12:52
Firstly, all I can say is that there is a contract (no Ltd company, self employed or anything like that) and that the TR is paid by the company (with a bond, obviously).

Condition wise I think that these two points are just enough to prefer this company among many many others.

Secondly, I have two uni degrees with experience in the aeronautical sector. Regarding pilot licenses, ratings and exp I'm just a guy straight out of the modular course with 350h total time. No previous TR, no time on type.

P06T
19th Dec 2016, 20:43
Received a call/email for an assessment next month.

I'm aware that previous candidates are being discrete about the assessment process - and I agree with their reasons.
However I would appreciate any general tips one could provide :)

Cheers.

Mlambin
20th Dec 2016, 05:22
Congratulations to you boys !
Best of luck for you P06T!

I am still waiting for news after the personality test, it would be an great Christmas present.

speed_alive_rotate
20th Dec 2016, 07:23
I would echo @PO6T post.

Not looking for exact information ....however is it necessary to go back through all our ATPL books for instance.

Please feel free to PM me.

spaflyer
20th Dec 2016, 07:45
Same than others invited for mid January to interviews! :)

pit911ru
20th Dec 2016, 09:43
Hi guys I got called too but I am flying in mid January, so I will be attending the one of February

ShamrockWings
20th Dec 2016, 17:27
Just prepare as you think is correct. I cannot give any additional information other than the one in the e-mails.

pit911ru
21st Dec 2016, 10:03
ShamrockWings when is your starting date for the TR by curiosity ?

HopefulWannabe
21st Dec 2016, 11:22
They invite people at random - 320 TR guys, FI, TP pilots and ab initios.

First you'll have a group assignment with about 10 of your peers. It's the standard thing; Solve a problem in limited time, and someone has to present the findings. You'll have about 30 min. The scenarios change every time, but they're never very complicated.

Then you'll have the panel exercise. In groups of 3 or 4. They give you a statement, you have to give an argument for or against the statement in 1 minute, and then your peers get to rebuke your argument. At the end, you'll have to give an answer as a group, so don't be afraid to change your answer based on their arguments. Takes about 15 min tops.

The interview is your standard fair competency based interview. Give a time when x y z why AL, why pilot. They also ask tech questions, but they seem to favour procedures. As in, what would you do when the captains dies after take off? Takes about 30-45 min. As always, you'll never know how you did and what they're looking for exactly. All part of the game

It's the standard fair - They're all very nice people and they'll put you at ease.

spaflyer
21st Dec 2016, 13:16
BTW if any of you guys are invitied for the 19th of January let me know! :) we can meet for some drinks day before if you are around.

Damien60
21st Dec 2016, 13:41
It seems that the recruiting process has changed. A friend of mine took it last year and he only had at that time an interview and then a simulator check. He was TR on A320 but with no experience (250hrs of flight).

Merovingio
23rd Dec 2016, 21:39
Do you know if you have same conditions for everybody?? I mean 320 tr vs ab initio. If you are 2000 hours A320... Etc

A320driver33
28th Dec 2016, 13:41
Hi guys I got called too but I am flying in mid January, so I will be attending the one of February
I would like to know if someone can tell me the date of the interview in February?

Merovingio
28th Dec 2016, 15:55
they told me around 13-16. those days!

Damien60
4th Jan 2017, 12:32
Hi,
I've been invited for the interview. Probably on the 19th of January.
See you soon maybe

eukal
4th Jan 2017, 13:47
Hi,

I am also invited for the Interview in Dublin on 16. Jan.
Hope to see some of you.

speed_alive_rotate
4th Jan 2017, 13:59
Some candidates seem to be getting a little less notification than usual. Surely there is still a high demand for such a position, I would find it interesting if Aer Lingus were struggling to find suitable candidates to call for interview.

Merovingio
4th Jan 2017, 14:40
Any of you more than 2000 on A320 or jet?

Shamrock16
4th Jan 2017, 16:05
Did you guys get the call off HR before Christmas or early in the New Year? Best of luck with the assessment.

Damien60
5th Jan 2017, 07:12
@Merovingio : Only TR on A320
@Shamrock : The person from the HR told me that she tried to call me but was unable to leave a message. I don't know why.
I don't know when she tried... probably yesterday.

speed_alive_rotate
5th Jan 2017, 08:09
Does anyone know approx the amount of candidates being sought? It looks like the interviews are going into Feb and possibly beyond , this would be one of the biggest recruitment drives by Aer Lingus in a long time.

spaflyer
5th Jan 2017, 08:41
I was called before Christmas... 3rd week of December.

Shamrock16
6th Jan 2017, 11:18
Thanks Damien60 and best of luck with the next stage.

Has anybody made contact with HR about their application and made enquiries as to when/if they can expect to receive an invitation for assessment??

martinos
8th Jan 2017, 09:53
Does anyone know how long it takes before Aer Lingus will call/mail you after you have completed the personality assessment?

gene88
9th Jan 2017, 09:52
would be interesting to know how many candidates are irish over international

Officer Kite
9th Jan 2017, 10:13
Aer Lingus hire quite a few international pilots, likewise I know of countless Irish guys where I currently work who have all been turned away by them, I don't think nationality forms a part of the process

Maxfli
9th Jan 2017, 21:49
Why would you ask such a question?
EASA licence with required criteria.
It's quality not nationality that counts.

Skindogg
10th Jan 2017, 07:48
Maybe they should be asking themselves who will join Aer Lingus, get a free type rating and 1500 hours, then leave to go elsewhere? Or who will join and stay for the rest of their career? If they took that into consideration then maybe they wouldn't need to get contractors and do major, expensive recruitment drives every couple of years.
My tuppence worth...

anthonydagon
10th Jan 2017, 09:48
Hi everybody!

I passed the online assessment on november and received an email telling me that aer lingus will call me for an interview on january or february.
Does someone know if i can expect a call or not? Because i saw that a lot of you have already had a call and/or on interview, so anybody else in my situation and waiting for a call?

Thank you for your answer !!

spaflyer
10th Jan 2017, 10:01
I'm not Irish, and I'm in the process, and as far as I know also 5 other non-Irish has been invited to interviews/sims, so nationality is not a factor (however good English level is).

Shamrock16
10th Jan 2017, 10:50
Hi anthonydagon, I received the same email as you and still waiting. If you read the email they sent it says they "may" invite you for assessment. Fingers crossed.....

PS I am Irish and have not got the call yet.

eukal
10th Jan 2017, 12:14
Hi,
I´m also not Irish, and received no email. Was called direct after Christmas for the interview in DUB.

Shamrock16
10th Jan 2017, 14:20
Hi eukal, did you receive the email back in Oct saying you may be called as you passed the initial screening phase of the selection?

Best of luck with the interview.

eukal
11th Jan 2017, 17:05
Hi Shamrock16,

I did not get any mail concerning this.
After the last online test I was direct called.

Thank you very much, hope you guys will also get the chance;)

Mlambin
12th Jan 2017, 06:05
Hi here,

I had to do a personality in early December and since I have no news either positive or negative.

Can I still hope something ?

Damien60
12th Jan 2017, 11:44
Hi Mlambin.

I think you can. Somebody in the thread said that there will be some interviews in february so you will probably have an answer soon.

Dutchdriver
12th Jan 2017, 19:06
I got invited for the assessment in Feb.
800H Dash8 1000TT

Damien60
13th Jan 2017, 13:37
Hi all,

I was wondering if the group interviews were eliminatory or not ?
I mean does everybody take the whole process with group interviews and personal interview so they have the big picture of each one? Or do they eliminate some candidates after the group interviews ?

Thank you

FerrisBueller
15th Jan 2017, 12:30
Maybe they should be asking themselves who will join Aer Lingus, get a free type rating and 1500 hours, then leave to go elsewhere? Or who will join and stay for the rest of their career? If they took that into consideration then maybe they wouldn't need to get contractors and do major, expensive recruitment drives every couple of years.
My tuppence worth...
Hit the nail on the head my man!! You don't see AF, KLM, Lufthansa etc hiring a load of foreigners. They hire their own primarily with the odd foreigner so they can't be accused of anything untoward. And you know what, I don't blame them. All these foreign lads EI hire will leave at the first opportunity with a decent carrier in their home country. Been happening for years now as Skindogg has said yet EI not seeming to learn their lesson.

Officer Kite
15th Jan 2017, 14:24
Hit the nail on the head my man!! You don't see AF, KLM, Lufthansa etc hiring a load of foreigners. They hire their own primarily with the odd foreigner so they can't be accused of anything untoward. And you know what, I don't blame them. All these foreign lads EI hire will leave at the first opportunity with a decent carrier in their home country. Been happening for years now as Skindogg has said yet EI not seeming to learn their lesson.

Maybe requiring a bit of Gaeilge will sort that out , the main reason foreigners don't really get into AF, LH etc is because they don't speak the language and so don't really apply.

FerrisBueller
16th Jan 2017, 14:58
You are absolutely correct Officer Kite, that is the main reason foreigners get turned down by those companies. EI absolutely should require a cupla focal!

Shamrock16
16th Jan 2017, 15:15
I totally agree.

Do either of you know any Irish lads that have been invited to the assessment day??

Go raibh maith agat.

Officer Kite
16th Jan 2017, 15:26
In fairness to them, all the guys who got chosen for this year's cadet programme were Irish, bar one French lad.

Skindogg
17th Jan 2017, 05:27
An bhfuil cead agam dul go dti an leithreas, mais e do thoil e?

If you understand this then you should be a shoe in!

hundred_above
17th Jan 2017, 08:20
In fairness to them, all the guys who got chosen for this year's cadet programme were Irish, bar one French lad.
How do you know this?

P06T
17th Jan 2017, 20:35
Hi any tips re the sim assessment please?

Cheers

mask14
21st Jan 2017, 10:13
6 DEP Started last Monday
1 Irish
1 N.Irl
1 Dutch
1 Spanish
1 Scottish
1 ukn

Apparently a very broad mix of candidates at 4 days of assessment centre this week...
Ratio averages 2 Irish per group of 12 on good authority from instructors in the centre..
Some candidates might be able to confirm here...
Apparently main nationality in the room is Dutch everyday

Fieldins
21st Jan 2017, 18:36
Me too, still waiting after the test

A320driver33
21st Jan 2017, 22:35
Me too, still waiting after the personality test.

mask14
22nd Jan 2017, 21:53
Stay positive
Latest roster published Friday looks like another assessment week Feb 20th
Heard there is courses in May now also but not sure - seems bit late for Summer

Shamrock16
23rd Jan 2017, 08:57
I did the personality assessment back in Nov and still waiting......

Damien60
23rd Jan 2017, 16:08
Lots of different nationalities during the interviews last week:
Irish and English obviously but also Dutch, French, Spanish, Slovenian, Belgian, Portugese...
Nice interviews with very kind HR people.
There will be some interviews on the 20th of February so don't worry.

P06T
25th Jan 2017, 17:22
Hi All,

Anyone commencing his or her T/R at the end of Feb please? Please PM if so :)

mustafacelal
25th Jan 2017, 18:36
Hi Guys.

Same here. I did some personality test around the 20th of dec.

Good luck

Qtr Life Crisis
25th Jan 2017, 20:44
6 DEP Started last Monday
1 Irish
1 N.Irl
1 Dutch
1 Spanish
1 Scottish
1 ukn

This made me chuckle mask14. Im unreasonably curious about the "ukn" haha

Also I suppose some would argue that there are two Irish on the course btw... something I learned the awkward way long ago haha

Officer Kite
25th Jan 2017, 21:37
Unknown maybe?

FO_2015
27th Jan 2017, 12:36
Hello pilots!

Is somebody invited to the Aer Lingus assessment day at 21st Feb 17 in Dublin?

Giuseppe1
30th Jan 2017, 12:59
hi FO 2015
I will be there on february 20th

Mlambin
30th Jan 2017, 16:05
No news for me here after personality test. I still wish for an interview.

FO_2015
30th Jan 2017, 16:31
Hey Giuseppe1

That sounds great :-) we can see us for a meet at the evening of the Feb 20th if you want? I will also arrive at these day.

Aclapilot
1st Feb 2017, 17:13
I'm invited for the 23rd. Good luck everyone !

oscarmyke
1st Feb 2017, 20:35
Hi, very good to get assessment. Not me yet, I still wait. When you get call / email? Thank you

speed_alive_rotate
2nd Feb 2017, 11:24
Any Irish candidates getting called at all??

Shamrock16
2nd Feb 2017, 12:52
Was just going to ask the same question SAR.

I still haven't heard anything.

dreamlinerguy
2nd Feb 2017, 20:32
Me neither

Shamrock16
3rd Feb 2017, 10:19
Anybody know if there are assessments in March too?

Skindogg
3rd Feb 2017, 12:48
1 Irish
1 N.Irl
1 Dutch
1 Spanish
1 Scottish
1 ukn

It would be interesting to come back to this thread in 3 or 4 years time to see who of the above were still with Aer Lingus!

vrb03kt
3rd Feb 2017, 15:18
Does it really matter any more? Aer Lingus start non-TR guys on a cadet salary so they are probably easily recouping their TR costs and don't care if some won't stay more than a few years.

mask14
4th Feb 2017, 23:39
!0 more names for course started on roster over Feb (2 Contractors).
I know there are 4 more Stobart (ATR) Chaps starting March along with others.
Not sure about April...
Last Seniority list getting close to 50 new DEP every year.
12 new cadets just started 1st Irish MPL in Spain too.

Socal1994
6th Feb 2017, 09:19
I also got invited for the 20th of february! Got the phonecall just before christmas.

Damien60
8th Feb 2017, 16:02
Hi all,

Does anybody from the January (16,17,18) assessment get a final answer ? All the people from my assessment (19) are still waiting.
I know P06T already had it. Anybody else ?

mask14
11th Feb 2017, 15:53
I heard Ei recruitment are fast approaching 50 offers in the DEP phase since November - latest course filled in April for 4 more.

Aclapilot
19th Feb 2017, 15:23
Evening all. Is there anybody here attending the February 23rd interviews? Maybe an opportunity to meet up the day before and break the ice before we go into the interview room.

mustafacelal
27th Feb 2017, 20:12
Hi Guys.

Is there anybody here who know if there is more assessment days? I did my personal questions december 19 and still waiting :/

Mlambin
28th Feb 2017, 13:57
@mustafacelal: just like me.

A320driver33
1st Mar 2017, 12:55
Same situation here.

Shamrock16
1st Mar 2017, 15:21
Have they called people for March assessments?

isaac87
14th Mar 2017, 16:45
Damien60
Does anybody from your assessment get a final answer ?

flyer787
15th Mar 2017, 13:51
Damien 60 and isaac87.

Im from same date and still waiting for reply. is it for everybody this situation?

Damien60
15th Mar 2017, 13:59
From my day (January the 19th), only one was called for a TR beginning in May.
We were 16 at the end of the day. 8 for the Sim.
All of us (except the lucky guy) are still wainting for an answer even those who had not take the sim assessment.

From my sim assessment day (January the 30th), we were 3 (from the 17,18 and 19 interview days). One was called around 5 days after the sim for a TR beginning in May.

So I'm still waiting

pilotflyingrocks
15th Mar 2017, 15:21
Has anyone received a PFO since the process began back in August?

flyer787
28th Mar 2017, 06:19
Hey Guys,

Any update for those we went on Jan 17,18,19....?

Any idea when we should get a reply!

Damien60
3rd Apr 2017, 07:23
Still Nothing.
I've heard second part of April for answers.

A320driver33
3rd Apr 2017, 15:24
I sent an e-mail last week to the pilot recruitment and they told me that applications are being assessed at the moment and I will be contacted via email in due course.

flyer787
26th Apr 2017, 13:33
Hey Guys,

Did any one receive any reply from EI?

Damien60
27th Apr 2017, 07:48
No, still waiting (interviews in January...) :rolleyes:

FerrisBueller
27th Apr 2017, 09:47
Some of the worst RT I have heard (in Dublin) in recent times has been using the "Shamrock" callsign. Seems to be a lot of contractors. All you need is a TR + 500hrs and seemingly not be local! Pretty disappointing recruitment strategy from the "national airline"!

mask14
29th Apr 2017, 07:24
latest internal update is:

6 started end of march (4 from Stobart)
4 more starting Next week
20 more called to Sim in May this week!
Courses in Nov Dec Jan.
Contractors are a 'dying breed' now. Two left recently.
Looks like that will wrap the intake assessment and TBNT contacts to be made after process wrap up.
There may be more assessment in June and two days of interviews possible too but keep the faith.

Apparently if you didn't get called to Assessment you didn't do well enough online. Simple, but pity.
They saw 350+ DEP candidates in 2016/17 at assessment stage i'm reliably informed. Find that hard to believe tbh unless they're including the cadet process.

Dutchdriver
2nd May 2017, 11:52
What is there year 1 FO salary actually?

LUCA69
5th May 2017, 14:26
When people will be called to start TR in November, December, and January? Anybody interviews January/February know something? Any PFO received? What about the Sim in May? Interviews in January still waiting, any news... :rolleyes:

flyer787
8th May 2017, 09:45
Sim done in January and still waiting!

I dont know if once finished all the assemsments if they still need pilots will use all those we havent get any reply yet.

Dutchdriver
14th May 2017, 19:06
Who can tell what the sim is gonna be like. Any special stuff?

pilotflyingrocks
29th May 2017, 10:56
I know a lot of people from my interview day have had a negative response now, but still nothing for me. Not sure what to make of that.

healthy normal pew
30th May 2017, 09:35
Apparently if you didn't get called to Assessment you didn't do well enough online. Simple, but pity.B.S.

Internal updates... right.

Officer Kite
30th May 2017, 09:43
Are people with A320 ratings being rejected? Or are they showing signs of favouring those?

Damien60
31st May 2017, 08:20
pilotflyingrocks, same for me. I was on the 19th of january and I'm still waiting for an answer. Indeed we are 3 to wait (all took the sim assessment). Only 1 guy received a positive answer (not TR / 300TT) but 3 months ago just after the sim.

Officer Kite, I'm TR but I also know a guy who is TR and received a negative answer after the sim so it seems there are no signs of favouring

Merovingio
11th Jun 2017, 18:05
320 rated and they tell me no. Didnt do sim, only interview.... Interview was very good, I enjoyed it!

Fdoffbirdon
21st Jun 2017, 11:18
Be careful what you wish for.

A friend of mine left a good job at a well known UK Airbus operator to join this outfit so that he could get home to Ireland. He is already regretting his decision and is making enquiries to get his old job back.

The training department does not exist......it is a checking department. He did not enjoy the training at all, the trainers spend more time shouting and slapping wrists than actually training. He was used to proper Airbus SOP's, this outfit seem to fly the Airbus with a mixture of Airbus and Boeing SOP's, a legacy from their old Boeing days. He mentioned once to a trainer that the SOP's were archaic, it didn't go down well and was told he could leave anytime he wanted. He didn't mention it again!

There is a huge amount of arrogance in the place, they truly believe they invented aviation and are at the cutting edge. He says that his old operator was far better and much more professional. When captains ask him where he came from, he usually gets " Ah well, you're in a proper airline now". The standardisation of SOP's is poor with different captains making up different SOP's. In the sim and on the line he is rarely asked his opinion by captains and feels CRM is poor compared to his previous operator.

Man and boy....He feels that the cockpit gradient it very steep, even with his previous airbus experience. Most Captains are Ok but he has come accross more than his fair share of guys that make him do 4 walkarounds on a 4 sector day as they feel it is beneath them. If you were not an AL cadet you are a second class citizen. He was told by one captain that all new pilots into the company should be cadets and that he did not agree with direct entry pilots from other operators.

He is finding it difficult to make ends meet. With Irish tax, the cost of rent in Dublin and the low starting salary he is really struggling financially. He tries to swap on to overnights just so he can make extra money on overnight expenses to put petrol in his car. He knew the low starting salary going in but didn't realise how expensive Dublin rents have gotten and how high Irish taxes are.

It might be a good gig for your first airline job and to get an airbus rating. Once you have the airbus rating you can move on after the bond is paid off.

Good luck to all applying but don't leave a good job to join this outfit.

Merovingio
21st Jun 2017, 21:47
I'm sorry but don't believe you. About taxes Ireland is one of the best taxes in Europe. About salary if he is type rated he is no bonded and salary is pretty high compare to other operators. You said he was at home in Ireland... So where is the problem of the rent? I'm sorry but aer lingus still seems to be one of the best options in the market. Rated or not. Best whises!

Fdoffbirdon
22nd Jun 2017, 02:15
I can see you are going to do well in the Aer Lingus selection with your fastidious knowledge of the Irish tax system and knowledge of Ireland in general. Perhaps sing a few ballads from the Dubliners in your interview, that will really impress them.

Taxes are low in Ireland if you happen to be Apple or Microsoft, not if you are a PAYE employee. They are amongst the highest in Europe along with a thing called USC, universal social charge which everyone has to pay as the government bailed out the failed Irish banks. I feel silly telling you all of this as you have such a good grasp of the subject.

He is from Ireland...yes, but doesn't fancy living with his parents, if you want to live in an apartment without your parents you have to pay a charge, it's called rent, perhaps you have heard of it in your country or do landlords let you live for free in return for your free tax and sound financial planning advice. Unfortunately, he is not as gifted as you and has to pay €1500 per month for a one bed in a decent area.

No, he is not bonded but all DEP's start on the same salary regardless of previous experience, cadets start on a lower salary as AL deduct training costs from their salary, again I feel silly telling you all of this as no doubt you have researched the subject in preparation for you interview and imminent move to Dublin, perhaps you spent too much time rehearsing Dubliner and Pogues ballads and forgot to check the pay and conditions of the job.

Good luck in you interview, wear a green suit with a T shirt that says "kiss me I'm Irish".

momo95
22nd Jun 2017, 11:37
Were you perhaps rejected and have now turned to badmouthing them?

Their salary is one of the highest in Europe.

If you were not an AL cadet you are a second class citizen.

Excuse my lack of elegance ... but this is rubbish.

He tries to swap on to overnights just so he can make extra money on overnight expenses to put petrol in his car.

He's on the 320 I take it ... what overnights?

According to PJN, the starting salary for an Aer Lingus FO is 54,700 basic. On that alone and without flight pay ... if he can't manage his finances living alone then he has other issues on his plate. The contractors were on 72000 basic + flight pay (sacrificing seniority for the period of contracting). Few in Europe are offering this.

As for what John or Mick said while he was sipping his coffee ... hearsay. And if you wanna talk about national carriers thinking they are the best, well nearly every legacy carrier on the planet can come under that category.

Rent in Dublin is bad, but people on half that salary are coping and with families. You can rent a decent 1 bed apartment in Dublin for 1000. That is not far off most major cities in Europe.

Your posts come across as rather bitter towards Ireland as a whole.

FlyVeryHigh-
22nd Jun 2017, 12:13
I've got a mate who's been there about a year now who went to EI from another well known UK airline in which he was captain and went direct SFO.

He says training was good, company is good, although just like any other airline job. All positive stuff.

Captain's he has worked with have been welcoming of his background and experience.

He does get the odd overnight places, even being on the 320. He's Dublin based but gets moved all over the show between, Belfast, Cork and Dublin with the odd overnight in London too.

Regarding the salary, I haven't spoke exact figures with him, but he says it's fantastic at the moment as he gets paid in Euros and the pound is so weak.

momo95
22nd Jun 2017, 13:06
They do have overnights in Heathrow, not sure about gatwick. The guy is trying to suggest his mate lives off these allowances, they are very few and far between (certainly not offering anything in a quantity you could consider to give you a decent enough salary boost) and i think some porkie pies are being told.

Martin_123
22nd Jun 2017, 14:00
just to jump in, I don't know what AerLingus is like, but I do know what Dublin and Ireland in general is like.. from 54k a year you will pay just short of 1/3 in tax which is fairly standard across EU. Ireland has a progressive tax system, so small and middle income earners pay less tax. As for the accommodation - yep, it is expensive and I doubt you will find anything decent for 1k in Dublin.. However, especially if you have a car, you have no good reason to live in Dublin, there are loads of commuter towns surrounding Dublin airport where you can get a decent 3 bed house for 1k or a 2 bed apartment for less

taking that into account, the average salary in Ireland is about 45k, so really with 54k one should expect to be doing alright

P06T
22nd Jun 2017, 17:45
Thanks for posting this it was very entertaining to read! Pure nonsense nonetheless though!

Shamrock49
24th Jun 2017, 03:09
Agreed, pure nonsense.

For what it's worth I find the training department to be excellent, with the current lot very hot on SOPs whilst still encouraging us to hand fly as often as the conditions permit (not sure how many other airlines even let their pilots take the auto thrust out any more?)

Plenty of relatively cheap places near the airport to live, Swords is basically a town full of EI employees for example, although many choose to live in Dublin City. In my experience Dublin is better value than most other major European cities, but stay away from Temple Bar (although locals don't go out here anyway).

The bidding system generally works well and those who want the overnights tend to get a lot of them (Belfast, Cork, Shannon, London) so it is possible to save a bit of extra cash from these. Others bid for routes with better sector pay, higher hours (more performance pay) or simply easier days.

Decent union and a company that's performing well both on the Atlantic and in Europe, even with Ryanair competing against us in our own backyard.

Type rating paid for, uniform and licence, Crew food, parking, summer leave, pension, incremental pay scale, decent hotels and long haul opportunities if that floats your boat. Sure it's not perfect and we work hard in the summer, but I can't imagine working anywhere else.

Merovingio
1st Jul 2017, 03:04
I can see you are going to do well in the Aer Lingus selection with your fastidious knowledge of the Irish tax system and knowledge of Ireland in general. Perhaps sing a few ballads from the Dubliners in your interview, that will really impress them.

Taxes are low in Ireland if you happen to be Apple or Microsoft, not if you are a PAYE employee. They are amongst the highest in Europe along with a thing called USC, universal social charge which everyone has to pay as the government bailed out the failed Irish banks. I feel silly telling you all of this as you have such a good grasp of the subject.

He is from Ireland...yes, but doesn't fancy living with his parents, if you want to live in an apartment without your parents you have to pay a charge, it's called rent, perhaps you have heard of it in your country or do landlords let you live for free in return for your free tax and sound financial planning advice. Unfortunately, he is not as gifted as you and has to pay €1500 per month for a one bed in a decent area.

No, he is not bonded but all DEP's start on the same salary regardless of previous experience, cadets start on a lower salary as AL deduct training costs from their salary, again I feel silly telling you all of this as no doubt you have researched the subject in preparation for you interview and imminent move to Dublin, perhaps you spent too much time rehearsing Dubliner and Pogues ballads and forgot to check the pay and conditions of the job.

Good luck in you interview, wear a green suit with a T shirt that says "kiss me I'm Irish".
I think you have no idea how the market is nowadays.... I said and I mantain...one of the best options to develop a career. Lccs in all Europe paying much less and offering much less... No comparison at all...

mask14
7th Aug 2017, 10:31
Sources say:
6 contractors just made permanent last month - at last :ugh:
4 DEP offers scheduled for Nov type rating course start.
more to come apparently :ok:
A321 NEO LR alone creating 43 commands in 2018
ignore the haters!

Foxtrotlimaxray
21st Aug 2017, 17:50
Hi ladies and gents,

I got a call recently where they told me I passed the selection and will be in a holding pool for upcoming vacancies. Made my day.

Now my question to those guys who have a little insight on the planning for upcoming TR courses and the available space: is it realistic to expect something this year?

I attended the assessment in January. So don't worry if it takes a while. They'll give you an answer even if it is after 7 months .

Cheers!

mask14
2nd Sep 2017, 10:58
I heard courses in Nov & Dec filled already.
more course dates in Jan, Feb, March
Good luck and well done

dreamlinerguy
5th Oct 2017, 17:09
Any idea if recruitment for DEFO will happen again this year?

Hopefully! :ugh:

badge
6th Oct 2017, 15:56
I heard they'll hire this month!

Hopefully its not through some agency, if it is you have no seniority and no staff travel to USA. You can apply for listing on gen dec within Europe with Captains approval. Terrible!

mask14
12th Oct 2017, 22:35
Big info sessions planned in Dublin and rumour has it DEP program launching next week - lot's of talk of additional big aircraft too...

Airone2977
17th Oct 2017, 11:56
here we go !
https://blog.aerlingus.com/launching-largest-ever-pilot-recruitment-drive/

Mlambin
18th Oct 2017, 06:40
Lovely ! Let's try again.

AlphaEcho86
28th Oct 2017, 18:29
Have they started sending e-mails yet?

Any good method to prepare or what to expect on the online assessments? Thanks in advance!

Sky95
1st Nov 2017, 16:47
I got an email today saying that I need to complete 4 different sets of assessments. Anyone else?

Funny Username
1st Nov 2017, 16:56
Yes same here. Any idea why you hate to complete the video part on smartphone or tablet instead of laptop

TheAirlane113
1st Nov 2017, 17:06
Hi! have you done the assesment? i 've the same email.. and i don't know anything about how is going to be the questions and the interview.

AlphaFloor45
1st Nov 2017, 17:18
Same here, received the mail to make the online assessment but ... how to prepare it ...

ARNAUD71
1st Nov 2017, 17:57
Hello , I got the email today too , what about this video recorded only with your smartphone or tablett ?? If anyone have and can share informations...

Ich Bin Solo
1st Nov 2017, 18:13
Got the same email too, good luck to you everyone!

Out of interest what are the experience levels of you guys?

I'm 1300TT 1000ish 320.

appfo09
1st Nov 2017, 19:30
it is good to know what kind of questions are asked during the video interview!

Funny Username
1st Nov 2017, 20:07
somebody take one for the team and go do it then report back to the rest of us :ok:

sunji
1st Nov 2017, 20:41
got the mail too, i am fresh from the flighschool without any expirience on an airliner

ayrtonsenna
1st Nov 2017, 22:40
Same with me... any idea of what the video interview entails? Has anyone here ever done an assessment of this type?

Flying.lena
1st Nov 2017, 22:44
Same here, received the mail to make the online assessment but I wonder how to prepare it ...
I also come direct from flightschool no tr or jet experience

Good luck to everyone!

patrykbll
1st Nov 2017, 22:52
Guys! Just click the link to the video interview and watch the tutorial.
You will not be skyping with anyone, from what I understood, they will play you a video and ask something about it. You will have 90 seconds to answer. What I don't know is how are you going to answer.. type, voice message, video? No clue..

ScotWings
1st Nov 2017, 23:07
If it is the same format as the video interview used for last year's cadet programme, you get around 6 questions.

You see a person asking you a pre recorded question, you then get 30 seconds to come up with an answer, and then the software automatically starts recording through your webcam and gives you around 90 seconds to answer. It then moves onto the next question.

All a bit surreal, but try to treat it like a real interview (suit, tie etc), and take the time to set up a good 'studio' with the correct lighting, no interruptions...

Good luck all

angelo26
2nd Nov 2017, 00:37
Hi all,

Just got the email for the online assessment.
Anyone could give me any hint on how to prepare the assessment?
What about the exercises on latestpilotjobs?
Are the links working on MacBook?

Ashamax
2nd Nov 2017, 06:09
Hi everyone

I also got the mail. Scotwings, you seem to have some info about the "interview". What kind of questions are asked here? Are they technical, or "common" job nterview question?

Many thanks in advance!

piravlos01
2nd Nov 2017, 08:25
Guys, seriously.
Especially for people with some experience. If you can't do that by yourselves, you shouldn't had applied at the first place.