PDA

View Full Version : Aer Lingus - Direct Entry Pilot (A320)

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Airone2977
2nd Nov 2017, 09:28
Guys, seriously.
Especially for people with some experience. If you can't do that by yourselves, you shouldn't had applied at the first place.

Seriously guys, get your fingers out of your :mad: !

giorgino
2nd Nov 2017, 12:12
Hello guys my video link says its expired and my assessment validity is until 8th Nov. Anyone else has the same problem?

Same here man,emailed them already..
Once I hear from them I will let you know👍.

giorgino
2nd Nov 2017, 13:35
I am not aware of anything bro...

Nevertheless I did them all and apart from the Maths which I have no clue the rest of them were normal.

Sablaster
2nd Nov 2017, 13:38
I've just sent them an e-mail regarding the issue with video interview... Did anyone already passed that part?

TheCrazyJack
2nd Nov 2017, 14:06
Hello everyone!
I've received today the email for the online assessment.
Do you know what the "Pilot Assessments" consist of?...What kind of tests are there?
Are there exercises that require the use of a joystick?

Thanks and good luck to all! ;)

Gkss
2nd Nov 2017, 14:17
Does anyone know what the app name is that we have to download?

FYWH
2nd Nov 2017, 17:09
Its all done online, no need to download

Aerlingus use cut-e, check out cut-e.com/nc/online-assessment/free-assessments couple of example tests on there :ok:

TheCrazyJack
2nd Nov 2017, 18:57
Hi FYWH!
Thanks for the advice ;) I'll take a look at that site

Do you (or anyone else that knows this thing) confirm that a joystick is not necessary during the test?
I ask this thing because a friend of mine applied for AL and he told me that there were some tests that required the use of joystick (with a keyboard they were almost impossible).

maverickflyer
2nd Nov 2017, 19:44
I also got the email. Im wondering if every person that applied got it too?

Funny Username
2nd Nov 2017, 20:03
considering they specifically specified phone or tablet for the interview bit I'm sure they'd have specified if you needed a joystick.

FYWH
2nd Nov 2017, 20:12
No joystick needed

TheCrazyJack
2nd Nov 2017, 22:58
No joystick needed

Perfect! Thanks

giorgino
3rd Nov 2017, 05:03
Hi FYWH!
Thanks for the advice ;) I'll take a look at that site

Do you (or anyone else that knows this thing) confirm that a joystick is not necessary during the test?
I ask this thing because a friend of mine applied for AL and he told me that there were some tests that required the use of joystick (with a keyboard they were almost impossible).
No joystick needed...

You can do all tests with your mouse or even touchpad.

giorgino
3rd Nov 2017, 05:05
Thanks appreciate it and will do the same if I hear anything!
Pilot aptitude tests nothing online to practice is it?

Dips hi man

I got an email from them saying that the problem was fixed and that the video is working fine, I have not tried it but I take their word for that😂.

magicmick
3rd Nov 2017, 06:36
I just completed the interview using an Android mobile phone and all seemed to work fine, there is an app that has to be loaded as part of the preparation phase. The whole process start to finish took about 10 minutes.

mng558
3rd Nov 2017, 07:03
Would you like to share with us what kind of questions they come up with during the interview?

JulStaR13
3rd Nov 2017, 08:56
Hello guys,

Got the invitation too.
Regarding the video interview, can anyone tell us if the questions are related to a video we have to watch, or to standard HR questions, our motivation, background, etc..
Thanks and be lucky!

lisa95
3rd Nov 2017, 10:45
Has anyone used this?

pilotaptitudetest.com/knowledgebase/aer-lingus/

I was looking at this website too.. Any feedback anyone please?

shamrock88
3rd Nov 2017, 11:06
I have been using pilotaptitudetest.com and so far been a great tool for practice. Planning on completing the Aer Lingus assessments over the weekend.

Anyone else completed all 4?

FYWH
3rd Nov 2017, 12:18
Part one of the assesment is Pilot Assessments and covered in this are 8 individual tests which are mostly timed.

1. Work related Behaviour (Not timed)
2. Situational Behaviour (Not timed)
3. Verbal Reasoning (Timed)
4. Reaction Speed (Timed)
5. Spatial Orientation (Timed)
6. Complex contol (Timed)
7. Multi-tasking Capability (Timed)
8. Applied Numeracy (Timed)

Good Luck

spaflyer
3rd Nov 2017, 12:21
Guys I don't pretend to be an :mad:, however want to remind that Aer Lingus is not Ryanair, where if you do everything right you get the job, here we are competing with each other, all of us, for the limited amount of positions available, so think twice before releasing data to help other candidates.

giorgino
3rd Nov 2017, 12:22
I have been using pilotaptitudetest.com and so far been a great tool for practice. Planning on completing the Aer Lingus assessments over the weekend.

Anyone else completed all 4?

All four done.

All standard staff apart the video interview which is the first time that I had to do such a thing during a selection process 👍.

thomas.berk
3rd Nov 2017, 12:30
What were the questions in the interview?

JulStaR13
3rd Nov 2017, 12:32
All four done.

All standard staff apart the video interview which is the first time that I had to do such a thing during a selection process 👍.

Can you please tell us if the questions are related to a video we have to watch, or is it standard HR questions, background, motivation, etc...
good luck to you !

KingAirJimmy
3rd Nov 2017, 13:22
Guys I don't pretend to be an :mad:, however want to remind that Aer Lingus is not Ryanair, where if you do everything right you get the job, here we are competing with each other, all of us, for the limited amount of positions available, so think twice before releasing data to help other candidates.

So aren't you here for the information aswell? A bit cruel to say this. If you're good as you say you have nothing to fear.

I pretty much doubt the information on this particular forum will have an impact on your success, and even if you do 100% in everything its still luck of a draw.

Good luck anyways!

Ashamax
3rd Nov 2017, 13:24
Guys I don't pretend to be an :rolleyes:, however want to remind that Aer Lingus is not Ryanair, where if you do everything right you get the job, here we are competing with each other, all of us, for the limited amount of positions available, so think twice before releasing data to help other candidates.

I'm so astonished!

I haven't been here long but this is not the first message that tells me I'm not on the right place. Some of you guys may have been looking for a job for a long time, some others, and I'm part of them, are pretty new on the market. What seems obvious for some is not for others, who are taking a step in the unknown. Helping others is something natural. If you are fighting only for yourself, you guys have nothing to do on a forum. I'll take the assessment and will be glad to share my experience, just pm me. I don't want to read this kind of hate here. If you guys are that much selfish, don't forget to mention it in your personality tests in the coming interviews, for sure, you'll still be here in a couple of years complaining that you don't have a job, despite your 320TR, and 1000ish hours.

Cheers.

giorgino
3rd Nov 2017, 13:26
Dips my man

Maybe I am totally wrong or good person😜 but in any interview I have attended so far I would never hesitate to pass any info to my fellow colleagues and so did they.Simply put my point is I do try to help in any way I can as you said so too.

However having said that I am not against the other friend that suggested not to share information,his opinion is well respected too.

Nevertheless bottomline is that the four modules that have to be done do not need any special feedback from one pilot to another,were neither difficult nor easy,they were doable so everyone should be able to do fine.

If I may one piece of advice for someone that has not done the video interview,run some typical questions in your head and answer them loudly,if possible record your self on camera too so you can check your self afterwards and determine if your presence was fine,it will give you some extra confidence and you will practice before undergoing the actual interview,thus you will feel more comfortable (I think at least)😂

giorgino
3rd Nov 2017, 14:17
Bro
The maths is not about adding and subtracting,it’s about volume for sure but I do not recall something related to ratio and units.
There were some examples with percentages aswell but unfortunately I wouldn’t be able to give any further assistance as Maths have always been my weakest point.

Regarding verbal reasoning could you be more specific so I could help you and the other guys more?
What I am trying to say is that as I am getting older and my memory is becoming worse plus the fact that English is not my mother tongue I do not recall which topic is that. If it suits you best send me a PM,in fact if anyone wants to ask something feel free to do so too.

lookatallthebuttons
3rd Nov 2017, 14:23
I've just completed all mine (did it over a couple of days)

Tech assessments not too bad, just a case of trying to keep relaxed, go for it, no surprises on the content really, it's stuff that if you had no pressure you'd probably breeze a lot of it.

Video 'interview' was a couple of hours ago, I used mobile phone, you get a 'practice' question to give you an idea of the format.

It was more HR style questions, akin to any interview, regardless of industry. Took probably about 20 mins from clicking the link, downloading app, practice, then real thing.

my advice (for what it;s worth), just get ready and do it, if you've ever had interviews in the past (aviation or otherwise) the style of questions will be familiar.

spaflyer
3rd Nov 2017, 15:54
I'm so astonished!

There´s a huge difference from my point of view, on helping other guys with questions like, can I use a Mac Book? Do I need a joystick? Link doesn´t work, or those are the question you are going to get: They will ask you to calculate size of ... or you will get during the interview X question, as this will make a difference from a candidate to another, perhaps to make to the interview if the scores are higher and there´s a limited amount of places.

But this is just my opinion, and also this was said in the last year interviews as far as I´m concern, to not share questions outside, as this might be a reason to be disqualified right away if caught, and that this was a competitions. Note that the fact you are now competing doesn´t mean you can´t work as team player when required.

mirage1999
3rd Nov 2017, 16:28
hello guys, anyone receive a mail nw to do the online test from aer lingus?

do you know where i can read to be prepared?

i saw this pilotaptitudetest.com

any feedback please

flyingmed
3rd Nov 2017, 16:46

:ugh: unless your going to do the test for someone else sharing info will not change someones reaction time or mental capabilities. Good luck to everyone :ok:

Mlambin
3rd Nov 2017, 17:49
Simple question guys:

Seems very awkward but did you wear suit for the video interview ?

My son is sick these days and I am lazy getting change when he is on na, other days I will be working so harder to do it after work.

Ashamax
3rd Nov 2017, 19:17
There´s a huge difference from my point of view, on helping other guys with questions like, can I use a Mac Book? Do I need a joystick? Link doesn´t work, or those are the question you are going to get: They will ask you to calculate size of ... or you will get during the interview X question, as this will make a difference from a candidate to another, perhaps to make to the interview if the scores are higher and there´s a limited amount of places.

But this is just my opinion, and also this was said in the last year interviews as far as I´m concern, to not share questions outside, as this might be a reason to be disqualified right away if caught, and that this was a competitions. Note that the fact you are now competing doesn´t mean you can´t work as team player when required.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not asking to share the exact question, I totally agree with you on that. But telling what kind of question we can expect, especially on the interview, can help those who are beginners in the process. Hopefully, someone already did, which is nice, this is enough info I was expecting.

Cheers, and good luck to all!

magicmick
3rd Nov 2017, 19:42
Good Evening Ladies and Gents,

I have completed Parts 2, 3 and 4 and am I am looking to set aside enough quiet time to complete Part 1. I'd appreciate it if you could give me a rough indication how long it took to get through all eight individual tests in Part 1.

Regarding wearing a suit for the video interview, I wore a smart shirt and tie (no jacket).

Many thanks for your help.

Coug777
3rd Nov 2017, 21:08
How about pants man! Did you wear pants!

P.S. For the ones that have done Part1, do you have to do all of them together in one go? Or can you take a break from one section of part 1 of the assessment, and then go back into it? For example can you do work related behaviour, followed by reaction speed and spatial orientation and then do complex control at a later date?

magicmick
3rd Nov 2017, 21:57
Dead right, as the camera is focused on the top half you could be naked from the waist down, for the record I wasn’t.........or was I?

Looking at the original email it says that there are four sets of assessments and that you can complete one set and do the other sets at a later date. From that I assume that you have to do all tests in a set in one sitting which means that all eight in set 1 have to be done without a break.

Funny Username
3rd Nov 2017, 22:01
No it saves each of the 8 sections separately so you can take a break. I did it all in one go pretty much. Cant remember how long it took exactly.

Anunaki
4th Nov 2017, 10:39
Nearly choked on my cereal when I read "help those entering the market...even tho we are competing, doesn't mean we can't work as a team". Seriously now, get real.
From 3.000 applicants, and considering that the ratio in aviation is around 2:1 from interview to job, how many people do you reckon will be invited to assessments? Do you believe that they have the facilities and capacity to interview even half of that, considering the timeframe set? Low hour pilots will be scrutinised to the every point/mark, because the market is flooded, the experienced ones should get the majority of slots and their online assessment results will be used as a tool to break deadlocks e.g. he/she interviewed ok-ish and group exercise was ok, rusty in the sim, lets look at his/her results.
Whilst low hours, if your performance is poor in comparison to the other guy, guess who will attend the assessment?
Wake up and smell the coffee. Those entering the market should have been switched on enough to understand this concept, as well as doing the research themselves, this is no integrated school where you are spoon-fed all the way. Airlines look for competencies, figure out what sort of question you will get based on what I just said, competencies. Remember that 3.000 applied, there are 100 jobs...go figure.
I can't believe we even need to spell it out...

Bombs Away
4th Nov 2017, 11:04
Just finished the assesments, made a mess of the tunnel one. Kept crashing. Guess that's me out :ouch:. Rest were fine. Going to do the interview tomorrow.

Funny Username
4th Nov 2017, 17:26
Dont worry. Everyone will crash at some point. It says so in the introduction.

giorgino
4th Nov 2017, 18:22
Just finished the assesments, made a mess of the tunnel one. Kept crashing. Guess that's me out :ouch:. Rest were fine. Going to do the interview tomorrow.

Don't count on that buddy....

Pilot1013
4th Nov 2017, 19:43
Hey guys, thanks to all who have helped share advice so far. I was just wondering on whether anyone could elaborate on the video interview questions? For example, are they just "tell us about yourself?" "why do you want to work for us?" or more competency based - "tell us about a time you've had to deal with conflict" etc?
Thanks again, any advice is appreciated!

TheCrazyJack
4th Nov 2017, 20:19
How long does it take to complete the part 1 of the assessment?

gugagarcia
4th Nov 2017, 22:32

It's amazing to see a comment like this one here... disgusting. Maybe you should think what you're doing wrong not to get the job. One of the things that airlines are looking for nowadays is cooperation, MCC, CRM and with you attitude i'm pretty sure you can't be good at that when you say things like this to people that are trying to achieve their dream (probably like you).

"And remember, you want the other person to get the job!" -> this will improve your performance so much...

Good luck to all :ok:

giorgino
5th Nov 2017, 05:54
Hey guys, thanks to all who have helped share advice so far. I was just wondering on whether anyone could elaborate on the video interview questions? For example, are they just "tell us about yourself?" "why do you want to work for us?" or more competency based - "tell us about a time you've had to deal with conflict" etc?

I would highly appreciate if any of the guys that contacted me in order to get the interview questions would come forward and share the info with our colleague Pilot1013.

Pilot 1013 if no ones comes forward with the questions within the day send me an email on my email address and I will help you:ok:

Funny Username
5th Nov 2017, 07:39

bit of a mixture of the above types really

Anunaki
5th Nov 2017, 11:30
Here it is Giorgino, video interview questions;

1) Did you understand the disclaimer you were supposed to read and accept, about the disclosure of Information about this assessment, and that could disqualify you from the process?

2) if so, do you understand that it is designed to be equal and fair, and by sharing, you are giving an unfair advantage to others?

3) if you can’t comply with a simple a structure and rules, and obviously are very stubborn and have difficulty in understanding simple concepts, why should we trust you with our multi-million dollars equipment?

4) Are you naive? Anything else ?

Those are the questions kids, now grow up. You wait months if not years for an opportunity, and when it comes, they make us do an online test and some muppets don’t get it that it’s a filter tool. Then someone decides to spill it all online, the other guys will prepare and possibly perform better than you. Pilots were supposed to be smart....

giorgino
5th Nov 2017, 11:56
I do confess that I am not smart perhaps like your self my good friend:ok:

Up to now 62 people seem to be stupid like me by asking what was it like...

The way I see it is that unless I do something that directly insults someone in this forum I can help anyone I want no matter if you do not agree:ok:

On top of that if someone will be disqualified will be me not you so I still do not understand your argument:)

I always enjoyed muppet show so I take the word muppet as a compliment

Anunaki
5th Nov 2017, 12:08
You don’t get it do you? I guess I was right....the 62 people who contacted you are not stupid, you are! They have taken advantage of the fact that YOU were prepared to give the game away, knowing full well it is a competition. This is not Ryanair where anyone who meets the standard gets the job, there are 100 jobs to 3000 applicants, do you need a picture?

And yes, I do hope Aer Língus gets Hold of this, even left your name in the open which isn’t the smartest thing.

This is not rocket science and perhaps you shouldn’t make it to the next stage. The terms of application were open to everyone and obviously you didn’t understand.

giorgino
5th Nov 2017, 12:22
Love Peace And Happiness my good friend Anunaki,life is too short to get upset:ok:

Ciao and best of luck!

Anunaki
5th Nov 2017, 12:26
Jezzz, are you high?

This is calm, I am not upset. I have completed the tests without help and whether if I pass or fail, its on me, and I will have a clear conscience for not cheating. Aer Lingus recruitment team were made aware just now, that you shared it online with 62 others, rest Assured Giorgino :ok:

Best of luck to you in the process.

mrspinx
5th Nov 2017, 12:49
This guy sounds like a treat to work with!

Anunaki
5th Nov 2017, 15:42
For quoting the airline and doing what they asked? sure would be a treat. Are you one of the 62 that tried to pull a fast one?

Is anything I said that controversial? wasn't it there an explanation where the said company stands on this sort of thing? Didn't they ask several times to answer open and honestly and not jeopardise the confidentiality of the process?

What part of "competing for a job" you lot don't get it?

Do you think that if we have this discussion with a member of the recruitment team, they will side with you? :hmm:

Anyone who has worked in recruitment knows that this forum is monitored...We can teach a monkey to follow simple instructions and you should be a little embarrassed I'd say.

I repeat, The instructions were clear, do not compromise the opportunity for others by sharing the assessment details, speaking for myself or anyone else who wants an equal shot at the tests. That shows lack of integrity, if thats you Mrspinx then you must be a treat to fly with...
"Pilots", apparently....

angelo26
5th Nov 2017, 17:59
Hi all,

The dead line is November the 7th at 2359 or November the 8th at 2359?
Thank you very much!

Regards!

mrspinx
5th Nov 2017, 21:15
Anunaki

Kind of proved my point there. I have not contacted anyone about anything. My observation is simply from viewing a number of your posts. From the way you write you appear to be controlling and always seem to have a need to be right. You may pass the tests but I suspect if you maintain your current attitude no one will employ you. Hopefully you at least spent more time tailoring your cover letter for this application. Good luck with the tests!

Anunaki
5th Nov 2017, 21:41
Hahahaha because you know so much! Attitude? did you understand what I wrote? My point proven when it comes to being "not so smart". Answer the questions if you know so much, I have asked several but you dodged the bullet, why? after all, it was in the application form wasn't it? Aer Lingus, doesn't want people to share information, true or false?

If reminding people of that is controlling, then you need to go to your safe space Mr Social Justice keyboard warrior, as you're not prepared to face the realities of this industry.

Cover letter? Hahahaha poor you, can't beat the argument can't you? because you know I spoke sense. Obviously you haven't spent a second thinking that perhaps you are talking with someone whose first language isn't English.

My CV and letter were given a lot of time and attention by professionals, to ensure everything was to a decent standard. I have also taken courses in order to prepare for those sort of things, such as interview prep, aptitude tests practice. I never asked anyone to take the first one so I cam get the answer, like I said before, you lot lack integrity.

Some come here to ask about "whats on the test", you are supposed to be qualified pilots and the expectation is for you to know, if you disagree I have no time for you and you need to worry about your employability instead of my "attitude". Mate, I couldn't care less about what you think.

I am very worried that this new wave of "pilots' can't follow simple instructions, have little respect to fellow competitors, zero integrity and respect for the process and still try to defend their reasons to cheat in tests, because thats what it is, cheating.

Mr Keyboard warrior, Aer Lingus recruitment team will see this tomorrow I believe, and I really don't care.

Don't need to wish me good luck, I'll pass your backhanded comments, now worry about yourself.

mrspinx
5th Nov 2017, 21:51
As my wife says "it's not what you say, it's how you say it"

Anunaki
5th Nov 2017, 22:06
Did it tell you that I don’t care?

Did I say anything so controversial? Again, in regards to the questions, right or wrong? I quoted them, so do you disagree with the airline you are applying to? Do you think it’s fair on others that some candidates were given a head start because someone was stupid enough to tell them what the questions were? All they have to do is to look at their non-tech manuals, research the right competencies and write down their answer prior to recording. That’s called cheating, isn’t that right?
Getting bored of you now.

Kai99
5th Nov 2017, 23:50
Please ''Anunaki'', I understand your frustration over the situation but please.. We are adults, Pilots, with other words we should behave even behind the screen.

''mrspinx'' I totally agree with you and gets really annoyed when I read what this unprofessional guy named ''Anunaki'' is commenting everywhere.. Cheers for your wife, words of wise-doom!
"it's not what you say, it's how you say it"

Warlock1
6th Nov 2017, 06:36
Dude, chill!
You mean to tell me you never ever have asked another fellow student about the exam you have missed the other day, or the questions you should expect on your oral exam? Now all of a sudden you are the pinnacle of integrity here? The key word for any forum is helping. Helping by giving pointers, or helping by pointing out a job advertisement somewhere or helping by giving a knowledge about a potential employer etc etc. You obviously don't know how to participate so ask yourself, what is your contribution to this forum so far?
Stop acting like a little high school brat that nobody wants to play with and act like a grown up.
For those of you who haven't completed the assessment: I am going to finish mine by early this afternoon. If you still need some pointers, pm me and I will be happy to help.

Ashamax
6th Nov 2017, 07:18
Hi all,

The dead line is November the 7th at 2359 or November the 8th at 2359?
Thank you very much!

Regards!

Am having the same concern. But I'll take no risks and complete evrything by tomorrow.

Anunaki
6th Nov 2017, 07:46
Please ''Anunaki'', I understand your frustration over the situation but please.. We are adults, Pilots, with other words we should behave even behind the screen.

''mrspinx'' I totally agree with you and gets really annoyed when I read what this unprofessional guy named ''Anunaki'' is commenting everywhere.. Cheers for your wife, words of wise-doom!
"it's not what you say, it's how you say it"

I’ll comment wherever I want, I have the same rights and freedoms as you. And unprofessional ? Why exactly ? Cheating on tests is unprofessional, I think you have your priorities twisted. Adults and pilots? The real ones wouldn’t be here asking for answers for what they should know, again, you got this twisted.

Jurow
6th Nov 2017, 08:12
Don't lose your time with this dude, just a quick look on his posts in the "VA and TITAN scheme" thread to give you an appreciation of this troll.

Anunaki
6th Nov 2017, 08:33
Dude, chill!
You mean to tell me you never ever have asked another fellow student about the exam you have missed the other day, or the questions you should expect on your oral exam? Now all of a sudden you are the pinnacle of integrity here? The key word for any forum is helping. Helping by giving pointers, or helping by pointing out a job advertisement somewhere or helping by giving a knowledge about a potential employer etc etc. You obviously don't know how to participate so ask yourself, what is your contribution to this forum so far?
Stop acting like a little high school brat that nobody wants to play with and act like a grown up.
For those of you who haven't completed the assessment: I am going to finish mine by early this afternoon. If you still need some pointers, pm me and I will be happy to help.

Another one who missed the point by a mile, which raises more questions than answers. Can you answer the questions I raised? Because so far nobody did.

Pinnacle of Integrity, absolutely not. But more than some over here. You are comparing apples and oranges. There is a huge difference in helping people by guiding them in the right direction and giving them the answers. There is a huge difference in helping people in a test where everyone’s who meets the criteria , makes it, and some test that it’s a tool to reduce the number of candidates.

It’s like I’m teaching Chinese to chimps! You don’t need to give me pointers as I have completed them. You need to read carefully what it says then comemback here and explain to others that it was very clear. Throughout the tests you are reminded to Not Share!

If they had invited us instead to an assessment centre, under test conditions we would be monitored. They can’t do that, so they expect people to be professional and respect the rules, do YOU get it or will you act like a child?

And No, I will not “help” people by telling what’s in the tests. I have helped many guys and girls in the past few years with their “pursuit of happiness “in this brutal industry, but I chose to give them some tools for “hunting”, rather than giving them “the meat in a platter”. It’s what pleases me the most, see people with the hunger and determination to find the Infos for themselves. I believe it’s more beneficial to the individual.

Try harder.

Anunaki
6th Nov 2017, 08:38
Don't lose your time with this dude, just a quick look on his posts in the "VA and TITAN scheme" thread to give you an appreciation of this troll.

HAHAHAHA troll.

Look, if you all are men of convictions, why not send me your full names and I’ll follow up with the recruitment team? Obviously you’re trying to defend the indefensible, it must be okay to cheat then right?

Shall we ask them? I’ll await your responses with your details.

Citationcj2
6th Nov 2017, 08:53
Please anunaki, pilot job is clearly a bad industry for you. Go and get a different job.

I really hope I’d never fly with you. Your CRM skills are only fit to fly a single ops C152.. good luck

Anunaki
6th Nov 2017, 09:03
HAHAHAHA CRM? what exactly this has to deal with CRM?

"Some guy will not give the answers to others so he must have bad CRM". Play me the world smallest violin!

Obviously this is not for you sunshine. How dare I tell people that they have to fend for themselves, how dare I tell people to have the hunger and determination to prepare, and enter the competition fair and square. I must be delusional then....

I will ask the question again until someone answers and attack the subject matter and not the person. Did they or not(Aer Lingus), state that this is against their rules and they expect people to respect the confidentiality of the process?

Isn't this the professional way to go about things?

Perhaps you should get another job if you can't answer these. You have to demonstrate to them that you are someone that complies and follow instructions, you can't even do that....but hey, its not for me right?

I should frame this....

Warlock1
6th Nov 2017, 09:09
I know eh!? :D The guy is like a small kid, running off to mommy and daddy to complain about other kids!
Never in my life have I ever said this but I sincerely hope I don't end up with him/his kind in the cockpit. This guy isn't even fit to refuel the plane, let alone be in a team environment.
To the rest of you: Good luck all. Don't let likes of this guy discourage your enthusiasm to help and share. Not all of us are here in this forum to mooch off

Citationcj2
6th Nov 2017, 09:12
Anunaki

It’s your attitude man! Throwning a wobbler here cause someone said what to expect.. get on with it. This is life.
You go on as if the assessments was only for you. People come on here to get info and help each other. You are clearly the total opposite, so I don’t even know what are you doing on this forum.

You are arguing with everyone here that disagrees with you. You wont stand a chance even if you get in, HR people smell arogance from people like you from miles away.

Btw, theres tons of information online on what to expect in those kind of interviews, aptitude test, etc..

Anunaki
6th Nov 2017, 09:24
Warlock1

Cry me a river.

KingAirJimmy
6th Nov 2017, 09:32
If the Anunaki guy is the new generation of pilots I quit!

Or is he actually? Probably a SIM wannabe and a hard core internet troller..

Guys dont pay any attention to this guy, waste of space..

Anunaki
6th Nov 2017, 09:33
It’s your attitude man! Throwning a wobbler here cause someone said what to expect.. get on with it. This is life.
You go on as if the assessments was only for you. People come on here to get info and help each other. You are clearly the total opposite, so I don’t even know what are you doing on this forum.

You are arguing with everyone here that disagrees with you. You wont stand a chance even if you get in, HR people smell arogance from people like you from miles away.

Btw, theres tons of information online on what to expect in those kind of interviews, aptitude test, etc..

Still didn't answer the questions. Can you read? go back, re-read all my post on the subject and then come back when you are more prepared to hold a sound and healthy discussion on the subject. Off course there is tones of information on the internet, you are failing to grasp what I said. Nothing wrong in guiding people on the right directions, rather then give it away. Do you get the difference?

You don't know me, you don't know if I stand a chance or not. You may come across people on daily basis and simply not know who they are or how they will act. Your posts as well as Warlock and the others who shied away have no leg to stand on. If you can't take the heat, then you have to look at yourself as real world is nastier than this.

Attitude?arrogance? all noise Mate, white noise and nobody cares. I don't care.

You don't even know if you stand a chance, that is the reality.

You can see the amount the information I have shared in the past. I have been very open and have criticised too, it is also my right. I am not arguing, you seriously get triggered very easily. I have simply posed the questions and so far, none of you answered. I will ask you again, as I'm worried the supposed "pilots" can understand simple instructions or questions, I will simplify it. Did Aer Lingus ask us to respect the confidentiality of the process, yes or no?

KingAirJimmy
6th Nov 2017, 09:40
Dude who are you? A forum detective? Nobody has to answer your questions, wether EI asked about confidentiality or not, its none of your business to apply your own law on this forum. Who pissed in your cereal this morning?

You want to come a across here as a cool dude who doesn’t care and it appears that you are boling inside. Chill out abit.
If the stuff like this worries you, you havent got a hope in the industry I hate to tell you.
Now lighten up a bit or please leave this discussion!

Anunaki
6th Nov 2017, 09:41
Please do quit. Do us the favour? Would you like to answer the questions I posed?

The truth is, I think you ALL know that I'm spot on because you took the tests, but you have to save face so you won't answer it, as it would be your admission.

Discourse is important, you don't have to agree or like what I say, you sound like Hilary supporters who refused to listen to the other side, and Trump supporters who call everything fake news. You are not engaging, It's the generation snowflake, melt with little heat.

You can disagree with me and explain why you disagree, none of you was adult enough to do that. It is great social experiment, and you say I am not fit for the cockpit? Zero critical thinking, zero engagement and discussion of the subject matter, just "he's a troll". I am a troll because I have challenged your mental models? And YOU are pilots?

You need to stop smoking whatever you smoke...

Anunaki
6th Nov 2017, 09:42
KingAirJimmy

You don't get to tell me to leave anything buddy, not happy? the door its that way...got to your safe space.

ElitePilotElite
6th Nov 2017, 11:15
can someone help me for these 4 parts? thanks :ok:

idontbelieveit
6th Nov 2017, 11:21
After reading 3 or 4 pages of this "discussion" I had to create an account to reply..

I cannot believe guys that you are that dumb. Anunaki's attitude is not the best one but he is right. I seriously can't believe that you see nothing wrong in sharing classified information letting other people take advantage of this. There's a point that shouldn't be crossed. You are taking part in a competition - I see nothing wrong in backing up each other in cockpit or here, just don't do it by sharing questions, d@%n! Everybody should have equal chances to show their knowledge and I am all in for supporting the other person but not by breaking the rules of assessment... It is not fair towards all of the participants... Stop :mad: us (readers) with your CRM, wrong attitude and so on. All of you are doing the same thing, judging Anunaki of how terrible person he is. But he is so right and there are two options: a) either you are too dumb to admit it or b) it hurts you so much that you can't admit that you're wrong.

I am not saying I haven't cheated a single time in my life, but sharing question is classified as "cheating "here and I am pretty sure that Aer Lingus didn't consider cheating as a value during their assessment process.

Cheers ;)

Officer Kite
6th Nov 2017, 11:34
You don't get to tell me to leave anything buddy, not happy? the door its that way...got to your safe space.

I've got no horses in this race but from just being a casual observer, Anunaki I think you need to calm the hell down and I'm sure most others would agree.

This is pprune, about half the threads are people asking what was asked in interviews etc on this section especially, if you don't like that then you're in the wrong place.

Step away from the computer, make a cup of coffee, go outside for a walk or something, I certainly hope you aren't gonna be so belligerent and warlike to everyone on the day of the assessment, because that is something they will not like, whether they agree with your point about sharing info or not.

ArmApp
6th Nov 2017, 12:10
How many did receive the online first step?, all 3.000?

Sullysark
6th Nov 2017, 12:24
Please do quit. Do us the favour? Would you like to answer the questions I posed?

The truth is, I think you ALL know that I'm spot on because you took the tests, but you have to save face so you won't answer it, as it would be your admission.

Discourse is important, you don't have to agree or like what I say, you sound like Hilary supporters who refused to listen to the other side, and Trump supporters who call everything fake news. You are not engaging, It's the generation snowflake, melt with little heat.

You can disagree with me and explain why you disagree, none of you was adult enough to do that. It is great social experiment, and you say I am not fit for the cockpit? Zero critical thinking, zero engagement and discussion of the subject matter, just "he's a troll". I am a troll because I have challenged your mental models? And YOU are pilots?

You need to stop smoking whatever you smoke...

The curiosity has got the better of me, have you ever flown for a major airline? Or are you simply applying for your first job.

giorgino
6th Nov 2017, 12:41
Ladies and gents I strongly advise everyone to calm down!

I am taking this initiative to say so because it was after one of my previous posts that Anunaki started to express his own opinions.

Anunaki my good friend in one of the previous posts in this thread someone said to think twice before sharing any info then a nice chap called dips voiced his disagreement and said that he thought otherwise.

When I replied to Dips I said that I shared his point of view but at the same time completely respected the other colleague's opinion even if I did not agree.

Believe it or not even if you have called me stupid and muppet amongst several things I TOTALLY respect your argument, nevertheless I do not agree with your tone but still I do not have problem with that.(As I said life is too short to get upset, and I was referring to myself not you.

Now to the important staff fratello,in one of your previous posts you said that no matter what the case will be that experienced guys will get the job so let me tell you that 95% of the guys that got in touch with me were newbies, no experience, nada,niente so really do not see the harm of sharing this info plus the fact that according to you they will not get the job anyway.

I do NOT believe that that the video interview will decide who is gonna pass or fail,even if someone got away with it because of me he will not get the job if he is not good at the rests as simple as that.

You will agree with me that in case you make it to the next stage you will have to undergo another interview again so this is the point that you have to prove to them that you deserve to get the job.

You called me stupid because I shared my experience therefore all the others got the answers easily without having to struggle.
Let me say that I agree,do you really think that any of these guys will ever succeed on aviation if they really do not try their best every single day in every aspect?

Therefore I DO agree with you that only if you are prepared to go the extra mile you will succeed in this profession,knowning the four questions that somebody was asked on a video interview is not that and if everyone is only counting on that will crush and burn.

I am pming to you my real name and family name because you challenged that no one would do it because he is afraid of the Air Lingus consequences...

Since we do not live far I might have the chance in the future to buy you a nice glass of vino and talk about all that:ok:!

johnnyboy123
6th Nov 2017, 12:54
I am guessing November 8 at 23:59 (that's directly what I thought when I got the email) but I am starting to doubt now...

johnnyboy123
6th Nov 2017, 13:14
How many did receive the online first step?, all 3.000?

I don't think all 3000 applicants got invited for the online tests. I mean watching 3000 video interviews is unmanageable.. But I am not sure though.

eitiz2
6th Nov 2017, 13:19
Part one of the assesment is Pilot Assessments and covered in this are 8 individual tests which are mostly timed.

1. Work related Behaviour (Not timed)
2. Situational Behaviour (Not timed)
3. Verbal Reasoning (Timed)
4. Reaction Speed (Timed)
5. Spatial Orientation (Timed)
6. Complex contol (Timed)
7. Multi-tasking Capability (Timed)
8. Applied Numeracy (Timed)

Good Luck

Thank you very much!!

1-3 should be easy.

4 - Could you describe what is it like?

5 - I guess it's like Bearing? with acft and find the correct one?

6 - Could you explain?

7- I guess it's pretty simple.

8- Is it Numerical Reasoning?

Thanks!

Anunaki
6th Nov 2017, 13:53
Giorgio

Finally, that took a while! That’s what I was expecting, address the subject matter and although we disagree, we can have a dialogue. That’s the beauty of democracy, Europe was built on discourse.

In regards to the ratio of experienced and non, it is safe to say that due to the lack of experience in the market and the demise of Monarch, they would alocate more vacancies to those candidates, it’s an educated guess. When it comes to recruitment of low hours, it can go to the video or to the psychometric profile yes, as the volume of applications from candidates with the same level is large. You’d be surprised, I have seen it first hand at my airline, they will scrutinise those results. I may be wrong tho and they may be more
Efficient or approach differently.

Also, not my intention to insult, so here are my apologies!

In regards to the next stage, it doesn’t really matter what I do, if I flown before( somene else asked) what do you think or what’s your perception of my character. It means nothing to me or the Airline.

I have to prove myself to THEM and at the end of the day, if I Make it that far, it is my job to show them on the day that I can meet or exceed the standard. So pointing that out is fruitless, you lot don’t know how I will perform and you cannnot foresee that based on what I wrote in an Internet forum, thats a fact.

What I’m really interested, its what’s the time frame for selection, as my job is done.

About preparation, the amount of resources available, specially on Balpa’s website, should Give enough info for cadets looking to apply. What I did was to google the link for the pilot assessment and saw it was cut-e. So I practised them, I also researched the other points and they give you clues about what to expect In the video, it was fairly easy to figure out. I believe that if I could be proactive, so could they.

Concluding, we will not agree on most things but I feel that cadets need to get their neck out and understand that we cannot spoon feed everyone. It is a competition and as you said, it’s life.

I have contributed and have shared Information on other topics, given advice etc before and I do understand the point of a forum. But I also understand that there is not fairness or equality when people try to bend the system, it is hard enough as it is.

If you live close, you know very well how’s the system here, it’s filled with nepotism, people getting jobs when they did not have the aptitude for it, but got that little “help”. Well, just look at Alitalia.

I have seen people taking jobs that could be yours, one specific case, the lad failed his sim and technical exam, but dad was someone within the airline and I was told to comply and put him through. I have also seen people being given result sheets prior attending assessments.

It is perfectly reasonable for me to ask for a fair process and for people to respect it, the Airline asked that, so you lot can’t attack me all you want. Let’s leave it at that and I’ll Await your message.

Black Pudding
6th Nov 2017, 14:46
I would imagine being confrontational is a trait all airlines avoid in selection criteria.

Sullysark
6th Nov 2017, 16:41
They make the best FO's. :ugh:

giorgino
6th Nov 2017, 16:43
Anunaki

Fratello

You claim that English is not your mother tongue yet I am sure that besides being a pilot you have a masters in English literature(I am writing that as a genuine compliment so please do not get offended;)

So to carry on with the dialogue my personal impression is that people here have tried their best in order to prepare themselves, knowing what you or me were asked does not turn these individuals automatically to people that like to be spoon feed.

As I wrote on my previous post and we both agreed(for the first time:ok:)if you are not willing to go the extra mile on your own you will definitely fail at one stage or another...
So I agree again that if there were colleagues who asked about my help and relied only on that yes they are pathetic,I still believe though or at least hope that the vast majority have good potentials.

Nevertheless as I want to be fair(I always try to be at least)your point is valid, if it comes down only to the video interview someone that knew the answers has an advantage over someone that did not.
Does that make the competition unfair?Yes it does,I still believe though that this will not determine the outcome..

Regarding your experiences about people g['etting the job just because their father was a captain on the same company or because they had the right connections believe me I have seen it too and it is a disgrace I agree again!

So most probably you will now say:"Come on man if we agree why did you decide to help these guys?"

Fratello I did it because at the beginning of my career nobody did,call me romantic or anything else that you want(no stupid again please lol)it makes me feel good inside, nothing less nothing more.

By doing so I did not feel that I turned the competition into an unfair one as I said earlier on for various reasons.

Anyway fratello as I am sure the rest of the group is not interested on our personal debate my next reply to your comment will be personal.(delivered to your inbox)

For the rest of the guys please respect my friend's Anunaki point of views and stop the whole argument here:ok:!

Fred_fr
7th Nov 2017, 03:20
For the video interview did anyone get the warm up question ? I was not ready and I got only the 4 questions thinking the first one will not be recorded...

anonymous_hopeful
7th Nov 2017, 10:08
my 2 pc - generally I agree with Anunaki, but there are battles worth fighting and I'm not sure this is one of them. I can't say that either side of the argument presented their very best and dragging AerLingus HR into this will put no-one into great light.

I don't think the video interview presented overly serious questions, in fact, I believe it's sole purpose is to check how good your English is and nothing else. These are the types of questions that you should have heard before if you ever attended a job interview. Of course you can prepare a little bit better if you know exactly what's coming but you will not hide a heavy accent, pronunciation difficulties or lack of vocabulary should you have such issues.

As for the 3000 applicants, I'm not sure where the number is coming from, is that from the applicant ref number? I just want to point out that AerLingus are also doing their cabin crew recruitment at the moment and they are running a similar process. When I applied for pilot position I saw 2 reference numbers, one was the ref number 3xxx and the other one was internal ref number which was just below 1000 (I applied close to the deadline). So I wouldn't be to quick in trying to guess how big of a competition you currently are up against unless the number is coming from a reputable source.

Even if they did receive 3000 applications, I can guarantee you there will be dozens if not hundreds of applications there that are not suitable - either form people who have no licenses at all (these openings were widely advertised here in Ireland and you could read on the comments in the media from people applying anyway thinking Aerlingus will put them on a cadet scheme) or people with expired ratings, people with ELP below 5, and of course the brigade of people who have no right to live or work in the EU

it's still a stiff competition alright, but I would worry less what few candidates do and worry more about the potential for AerLingus screwing up the whole process anyway similarly to what they've done in the past

TheFlyingDJ
8th Nov 2017, 11:03
Me too. Was rather hilarious reading all of it. :)

FerrisBueller
9th Nov 2017, 14:48
Pathetic was the word I would have used!

FlySire
10th Nov 2017, 11:17
Nothing here.. But I guess they draw a line for the automated tests and everyone who has performed above that his/hers video will be viewed.

It might take a while I think.

Ashamax
10th Nov 2017, 11:47
I was wondering the same, thanks for rising up the question. I didn't get anything from my side.

Cheers!

Ashamax
10th Nov 2017, 12:18
Just had a look to a previous thread regarding last year's selection (I cannot post the URL here, since it's my 10th post only).
It apparently took 2 to 3 weeks before anyone got an answer.

Keeping fingers crossed!

mackoi
14th Nov 2017, 11:06
Presencial interviews in DUB are expected to take place in January and February.

LUCA69
23rd Nov 2017, 11:03
Presencial interviews in DUB are expected to take place in January and February.

I hope Aerlingus start calling soon for that desired interview :ok:

Estartap
30th Nov 2017, 08:45
Anybody have received news from Dublin?

angel.pilot
30th Nov 2017, 09:32
Still nothing. :=
I guess the are gonna send mails in the middle of December, as the assessments are planned for middle of January

lisa95
30th Nov 2017, 16:19
Still nothing for me too!

an_optimist
2nd Dec 2017, 12:52
Anyone here who have a clue whether they (EI) prefer to fill the 100 planned vacancies with A320 rated ex-Monarch and ex-Air Berlin pilots before looking at unrated lowtimers (500-1000 hrs or even less) ? I am in that last category and not the youngest...but got and did the assessments and still hoping to receive a call for an interview.

This is my very first post at pprune so bear with me if I appear amateurish

rogue leader
3rd Dec 2017, 09:28
From the application acknowledgement email:

"Following the initial screening, the most suitable candidates will be invited to participate in the next stage of the recruitment process. If your application is successful at this stage, we will contact you within 4 weeks of the vacancy closing date."

Estartap
3rd Dec 2017, 09:47
I was thinking the same, but if it's so, would be quite weird that nobody of this thread would have been invited

rogue leader
3rd Dec 2017, 10:06
Let's hope they are being a bit slack...

an_optimist
3rd Dec 2017, 16:09
I take it they refer to the online assessments as the 'next stage'.

Claude1
4th Dec 2017, 07:31
I've emailed them a few times and been told that they're still assessing the applications.

sunji
4th Dec 2017, 08:42
Well I guess so because they surely got overwhelmed with applications.

anonymous_hopeful
4th Dec 2017, 14:46
Aer Lingus are currently running the cabin crew recruitment too, kicking off interviews this week, so I believe their recruitment teams are stretched to the limit.

gnarlberg
4th Dec 2017, 16:23
are you all rated 320?
there are some guys in germany waiting on an answer aswell and we are more than current and ready to go. shooting conversion courses during christmas if they like

Maiki
11th Dec 2017, 08:28
Hello guys, did someone received any news?

I was checking my profile's page on the website and i found this:

"Your application for this vacancy was sent on 18/10/2017 and currently has a status of Invite to pre selection online test."

I completed all the task as required before the deadline indicated on the email so now I don't know if it is a standard text or something was wrong with my tasks and they didn't collect the results, is the same for you?

rogue leader
11th Dec 2017, 12:54
Had an email asking if I was A320 TR or not - they say they are looking for a mix and still considering the applications - good luck all!

Ashamax
11th Dec 2017, 13:21
Hi,

I also got a mail today, asking me to confirm whether or not I'm TR.

They said they will be in touch very sortly.

Cheers!

Max

anonymous_hopeful
11th Dec 2017, 13:28
Hello guys, did someone received any news?

I was checking my profile's page on the website and i found this:

"Your application for this vacancy was sent on 18/10/2017 and currently has a status of Invite to pre selection online test."

I completed all the task as required before the deadline indicated on the email so now I don't know if it is a standard text or something was wrong with my tasks and they didn't collect the results, is the same for you?

I have the same status, today I got an email asking if I have a TR or not.

LUCA69
11th Dec 2017, 13:29
Had an email asking if I was A320 TR or not - they say they are looking for a mix and still considering the applications - good luck all!

Me too :} right the same email.

OsborneReynolds
11th Dec 2017, 15:31
Got the same email this morning, good luck guys!

Maiki
11th Dec 2017, 16:49
I have the same status, today I got an email asking if I have a TR or not.

Nice to ear, so let's keep fingers crossed

an_optimist
11th Dec 2017, 17:20

Thanks - that answers my Q the other day whether they want to fill up all the positions with experienced TR pilots before looking at NTR.

Yeah, good luck everyone. Haven't received any email regarding the TR though :rolleyes:

FYWH
13th Dec 2017, 11:24
Has anyone recieved a rejection email?

itchybumba
14th Dec 2017, 17:19
I also havent heard anything yet. I am Hoping the fact i havent received the type rating email is not a sign!

rogue leader
14th Dec 2017, 17:22
I cannot remember if it was asked for in the original application - maybe people like me didn't make it clear so they had to ask again.

Ashamax
14th Dec 2017, 17:25
Just checked the application summary, the TR is not asked. Of course they can find the info in the CV, but maybe they assue that your situation may have changed in between. Good luck guys!

LUCA69
15th Dec 2017, 10:00
If there are some interviews expected in January, either they contact us along next week or until after Christmas and New Years... nothing...

FLEX65
18th Dec 2017, 16:49
Received a rejection email today. Good luck to everyone else.

itchybumba
18th Dec 2017, 16:52
Just had the thanks but no thanks email.....

Good luck to those still in the running

an_optimist
18th Dec 2017, 17:16
Just had the thanks but no thanks email.....

Good luck to those still in the running

So did I. Good luck

appfo09
18th Dec 2017, 17:18
Exactly the same here :ok:

magicmick
18th Dec 2017, 19:16
Another day, another custard pie. Best wishes to those still in the race and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

mustafacelal
18th Dec 2017, 22:30
Hi Guys,

Also asked for TR by mail.

Then a nice woman called me 5 days ago (14/12) and invite me to Dublin for an interview.
What i know is that there will be interview days the 10 and 23 of January. I chose the 23.

Good luck to you guys. Hope to see some of you there.

A lot of opportunity in Aer Lingus with planned order for A350 :)

Officer Kite
18th Dec 2017, 23:05
I wouldn't go mentioning 350s in the interview now ... those orders have been off a while!

FlySire
19th Dec 2017, 08:04
Same here. Good luck to everyone still running!

jettrail560
19th Dec 2017, 08:23
Hello all,

I received the email asking me if I was TR/Non-TR. Did anyone else get a phonecall recently? Regards

P.s.: Congrats mustafacelal!

Ashamax
19th Dec 2017, 08:25
Hi jettrail560!

I had the TR mail as well, and so far no PFO, nor phone call. Fingers crossed!

jettrail560
19th Dec 2017, 08:29
Hello Max,
Keeping my fingers crossed as well! All the best.

GalaSp
19th Dec 2017, 11:20
This is the response I got. I assume it is a standard template.

Thank you for your application for the role of Direct Entry Pilot.
We appreciate you taking the time to complete the assessments.

The standard was extremely high for the number of places we had available for Summer 2018, which is phase one of our largest ever recruitment drive. Having carefully considered your performance at each stage of this competition it is with regret that we must inform you that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.

Because of our continued growth we will be recruiting large numbers of Direct Entry Pilots who will commence training in Spring 2019. With this in mind we may review your application again.

If we do not make contact with you before we advertise again we would welcome subsequent applications from you, should you meet the criteria at that time.

We wish to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in Aer Lingus and wish you every success in the future.

HOMB
20th Dec 2017, 10:05
Hi all,

I received the Type/Non Type email on the 11th Dec and received a call from Aer Lingus today inviting me to interview next month.

If there is anyone who has recently been through the assessment day who cares to shed some light on the day itself it would be greatly appreciated!

Good luck to everyone else who are still waiting to hear back.

anonymous_hopeful
20th Dec 2017, 16:43
thanks for sharing everyone, would either those who got their PFO emails and those who got a call share their level of experience (Fresh from school or experienced pilot, TR or no TR?) and also if you are EI/UK/Rest of EU based? I'm just curious to see if there are any patterns? I'm EI based, fresh from school, no TR, so far no call and no PFO..

Flying.lena
20th Dec 2017, 20:30
Fresh from flight school and received a phone call. Interview on 6th of february. Good luck to everybody!

itchybumba
20th Dec 2017, 22:52
Fresh from flight school, UK based and received a PFO email.

Good luck to those who are going for assessment

Soulive
21st Dec 2017, 04:33
Did anyone of you first get the email asking for type rating and then the pfo?

rogue leader
21st Dec 2017, 11:34
Still not heard anything, wondering if I'm on Santa's good or naughty list!

Flying.lena
21st Dec 2017, 15:02
Did anyone of you first get the email asking for type rating and then the pfo?

Negative, only a phone call

Ashamax
21st Dec 2017, 15:25
Still not heard anything, wondering if I'm on Santa's good or naughty list!

I'm in the same boat as you. It apparently smells good, but as long as I have no phone call, I won't be cool!

HOMB
21st Dec 2017, 16:00
thanks for sharing everyone, would either those who got their PFO emails and those who got a call share their level of experience (Fresh from school or experienced pilot, TR or no TR?) and also if you are EI/UK/Rest of EU based? I'm just curious to see if there are any patterns? I'm EI based, fresh from school, no TR, so far no call and no PFO..

Fresh from school/ no TR / UK based

rogue leader
21st Dec 2017, 17:09
Is anyone able to share the email address the PFO came from so I can search my junk mail just in case please?

Ashamax
22nd Dec 2017, 08:15
On the career website, it is mentionned "We will communicate with you via [email protected]. Please ensure to check your spam and junk folders. "

I guess it answers your question.

Otherwise still nothing on my side. Anyone who had the TR email followed by a PFO?

Cheers!

rogue leader
22nd Dec 2017, 10:26
Thanks, nothing new from that address so I guess its time to be patient

oceanflying
22nd Dec 2017, 11:54
Anyone have any idea what format the interview day takes? Does it involve everything ie medical etc?

forsrm
23rd Dec 2017, 10:12
I’m TRed, ~550hrs on Type, based in Central Europe and was invited.

Most of the guys I know from my (now bankrupt) airline in similar positions to mine were invited.

mustafacelal
23rd Dec 2017, 22:18
Hello all,

I received the email asking me if I was TR/Non-TR. Did anyone else get a phonecall recently? Regards

P.s.: Congrats mustafacelal!

thank you very much and good luck in the future

anonymous_hopeful
29th Dec 2017, 17:19
anyone else out there who hasn't received either an invite or a "no thank you" email but has received the TR question?

any calls/emails this week? I wonder if they're on holidays, don't know what to think at this stage

Ashamax
29th Dec 2017, 17:36
I am in this situation. However I sent a mail this week and got a reply that application were still being assessed.
Nothing more so far and there is nothing to expect before next week, IMO.

Please keep me posted if you have anything, will do the same.

Cheers!

LUCA69
30th Dec 2017, 10:54
Hi everybody,

Same here, yes TR/noTR letter and, no PFO letter and no calls.

OsborneReynolds
31st Dec 2017, 11:24
TR/NTR mail received on 11/12, missed call on 21/12 :ugh:, I called back on 28/12 and interview on 29/01. Dates available on late January/early February.

They are still calling, good luck guys.

Coug777
2nd Jan 2018, 08:14
Morning people,

Daft question but is the number they call from Ireland? I receive calls from random countries sometimes but not Ireland, had Germany, France and Guinea recently and I don't pick them up as usually some PPI or scam phone call.

Thanks

Yairgu
2nd Jan 2018, 08:41
Phone call was from Dublin Ireland. Good luck!

jolimp
2nd Jan 2018, 08:47
Yes, call is from Ireland

Century255
2nd Jan 2018, 10:38
Hi Guys
got the TR mail too. Is it just a call and an invitation or is some kind of telephone interview?

btw, fresh from school, 330 total...

Good luck to everyone!

yoland
2nd Jan 2018, 13:02
How can the Aer Lingus recruitment team send out an email asking if you are type rated or not. Surely they are able to retrieve this information on ones application form?

mankan
2nd Jan 2018, 21:12
just to share my two pence.

did the assessment in October time, absolutely messed the video interview, to the extend that I didn't even answer the last question.

has an email 11 December, asking me if I was type rated or not to which I replied, then had a phone call on 14 December, inviting me for interview in January.

hope to see more of you there.

my info TR zero hours on type, graduated three years ago TT 330

Aviator019
3rd Jan 2018, 17:08
Hey guys I wanted to ask: have you received the interview invite via email yet? On the phone the lady told me she would send more info, but havent received anything since... call was on 21st of december.

Thanks!

mankan
3rd Jan 2018, 18:25
I got my email the same day. Maybe heck your junk mail I case it’s gone there. But I’m sure you’ve already done that. Failing that call them up again.

Ashamax
6th Jan 2018, 13:21
Hi everybody,

Same here, yes TR/noTR letter and, no PFO letter and no calls.

Finally got the call this week, assessment on January 29th.
All the best to you guys!

LUCA69
6th Jan 2018, 17:49
Hi Ashamax,

Are you TR? And if yes, how many hours do you have?.
I did not receive any call yet, after the TR mail. I'm not R and 1000 tt. Thank you

Ashamax
6th Jan 2018, 18:10
Hi,

Freshly graduated, 260 hours tt, not tr. This is my second life I used to be an engineer for 10 years.
Since I haven't heard about anyone that got the TR mail and a PFO, I wouldn't be worried.
Keep the faith!

LUCA69
6th Jan 2018, 23:18
Thanks for the info :ok:

jjjair
7th Jan 2018, 11:26
Hi,

Freshly graduated, 260 hours tt, not tr. This is my second life I used to be an engineer for 10 years.
Since I haven't heard about anyone that got the TR mail and a PFO, I wouldn't be worried.
Keep the faith!

I Ashamax, same profile as you (second life with 260 hours).
I had a call friday but i missed it ! i will try to call back the lady tomorrow ! anyone got details regarding the sim session for the assesment ?

Anunaki
7th Jan 2018, 13:17
jjjair, It said on the email that it could be the following day or later date. Either way I will book the hotel for two nights. Now looking at places around Dublin airport and its super expensive...it is what it is I guess.

I believe there won't be anything out of the ordinary in the sim, like most they will be looking at basic flying skills and CRM(Non rated). I have booked a couple of sessions to refresh, I'd suggest the same :ok:

LUCA69
8th Jan 2018, 16:56
A very nice lady, call me this morning, interview 31st of January :D Not TR.
More interviews expected in February.
Good luck to everyone.

Pilot1013
8th Jan 2018, 17:30
Had the call today but no email yet. The nice lady over the phone informed me that even if successful it's a one day assessment and a second day at a later date apparently. Can anyone confirm this?

Just need to know for booking flights 😁

Jay94
9th Jan 2018, 08:47
Finally got the call a couple of days ago :O No TR, 600 TT, 350 hrs on atr..
Anyone have an idea of how many are invited to the assessment out of the 3000+ applicants?

pelikancanadair
9th Jan 2018, 09:24
Has anyone any idea about the actual interview in dublin?
And how manyapplicants have actually been invited? Odds look very unfavourable, with thousands over 100 seats.

limamikeecho
10th Jan 2018, 12:47
Hi, just got the invitation to the assessment. Have you any idea what tests (CBT etc.) we will face at this assessment? There is not so many useful information on the web... :hmm:

bregeau
10th Jan 2018, 14:02
Hi everyone,
Am I the only one who didn't receive any phone call ? I got the TR/NTR email in December, no PFO and fresh out of training.
Do you know if they are still calling candidates ?

limamikeecho
10th Jan 2018, 19:15
I missed the call on monday. The nice lady of AL called me again today for the assessment at 6th of February. She said, that it will be the last possible date. Don't know if other dates are still open...

Serenity
11th Jan 2018, 07:39
Any feedback from the interviews yesterday?

anonymous_hopeful
11th Jan 2018, 10:37
Hi everyone,
Am I the only one who didn't receive any phone call ? I got the TR/NTR email in December, no PFO and fresh out of training.

I'm in the exact same boat, at this stage I kind of think they might be hanging on to us as spare wheels in case they don't get the right number of people from their interviews

GustavFB
11th Jan 2018, 12:22
Hey guys,
congrats to all who got the call
I have the vetting to complete and the first case is
AIC Person Number: to complete with 6 characters
Next to it it's written, New applicant - this number us emailed to you when your access permitapplication (ID1 online) has been processed by AIC
Any idea?

Anunaki
11th Jan 2018, 13:24
GustavFB

At the bottom of the page it says that the e-vetting website invitation link will be sent via email, so I am not sure.

I was going to complete the form and leave that part in blank. Perhaps it warrants a request for clarification via email.

See what they say! :ok:

jolimp
11th Jan 2018, 21:53
I call them about the AIC number.
They told me not to fill it

delax95
12th Jan 2018, 14:24
Hi everyone,

I got the same email in December, just got a call today! (Actually the tried to call me last Friday on my old phone number so I couldn’t answer it, but after an email I got the call)!
8th of February for me, the girl told me there were 3 dates available (7-8-9 of February)

yoland
12th Jan 2018, 21:18
Sigma Aviation just advertised for contract pilots with immediate start. What’s going on?

Anunaki
14th Jan 2018, 12:59
Well thinking about it, they won't be able to get everyone they need for the summer season online in time due to training capacity.
It makes sense that they would hire a few contractors to fill the gap. We are not talking about a company with training departments as large as British Airways for example, so this is a slow process.
They said 100 slots, so I'm expecting those who can get online with less training(Type rated) to go in first, with some cadets waiting in the hold-pool until end of August/September. With assessments going until mid February, add another two months for referencing/background checks before starting the courses, we are talking about April/May, that's quite late already.
This is simply an educated guess, I have no evidence of this.

limamikeecho
17th Jan 2018, 09:08
Hello, got the call last week and still no confirmation mail for the assessment. I fixed the date for feb 6th.

Anybody an idea of how long it approximately takes to receive the mail after the call?

ry.de
17th Jan 2018, 10:26
Hi everyone, did anyone get the sim directly after the interview (day after) or do they tend, in practice, to call you at a later date for it ?

Thestagman
18th Jan 2018, 11:22
limamikeecho

Hi. I got mine just about 6 days later.

Dips
18th Jan 2018, 22:43
Any interview feedback?

impulse
20th Jan 2018, 12:03
I would also be interested in some feedback on the competency based interview, whether the questions are more of a technical nature (ATPL theory) or typical HR questions like what are your weaknesses/strengths, hardest decision in your life etc...

Ashamax
20th Jan 2018, 22:00
You can check on page 7 of this thread, there is some feedback of last year's assessment.

bregeau
26th Jan 2018, 12:21
I'm in the exact same boat, at this stage I kind of think they might be hanging on to us as spare wheels in case they don't get the right number of people from their interviews

Hi,
Did you get any news since then ?

Century255
27th Jan 2018, 13:37
Hi Guys

What do you think, how many candidates are attending to one assessment day?
50? 70? or even more?

Anunaki
27th Jan 2018, 14:28
Around 20, they will let some go during lunchtime and afternoon is interviews. Exactly as per the email.

missob
27th Jan 2018, 18:25
Hi guys,
I'm pretty new to all of this but I also have an interview on 1st Feb and if anyone could give me any quick tips and hints on the most recent selection process that would be amazing!
Thanks a lot x

HOMB
30th Jan 2018, 14:47
Has anyone received a job offer yet or are they waiting to finish all their assessment days first?

CLIJI
30th Jan 2018, 21:15
Hi Guys, I was there last week, some of them like me got a simulator session schedule this week.
So no offer but still in the loop

But others got the message: What a successful day for you, unfortunately too many applicants, not enough time, we will call you for an interview and simulator the same day :hmm:
Don't wait for us to call in the next day, we will do it at the end of the assessment process => 3-4 weeks.

Over 24 people 16 got an interview the same day (not know the number of the simulator) I was told that 8 people got the message successful but no time.
There was no message like You did not make it, this is strange, really strange don't you think guy?
310 people => for fewer than 100 positions, there is gonna be people out

I think this message : "What a successful day for you, unfortunately too many applicants, not enough time, we will call you for an interview and simulator the same day.
Don't wait for us to call in the next day, we will do it at the end of the assessment process"

Means: sorry guy, do not kill yourself out of the assessment but we do not choose you. Why the hell are they not talking directly ? They ask people to be honest and they are not. ooops they are asking people to be themselves...

Anunaki
31st Jan 2018, 14:07
I am not sure my friend, I was also left confused after my assessment, because we were told one thing and the other happened. However I am preparing for the sim and hopefully the turnaround won't be that long.

Officer Kite
31st Jan 2018, 18:11
CLIJI

I wouldn't resort to paranoia, they'll say what they plan to do, they have no issue in sending out rejection emails

CLIJI
31st Jan 2018, 20:30
Hi It has never come into your minds that they want to secure a big waiting list ?

So please be honest, if you're in that case, tell me if they call you. I know 4 people who never got called never again

Ashamax
1st Feb 2018, 09:01
Hi Guys!

In my opinion, unless you were terrible at the group exercises, they will want you to make interview and sim, and like this secure a waiting list. They will hire 100, but need at least the double, from what I heard (looks like IAG has a foot on the brake pedal). I had the assessment this week, only one person didn't have the interview in the afternoon, and nobody had the sim, looks like there having scheduling issues.
Like Anunaki, I will prepare for the sim, and see what happens in the coming days/weeks.
Cheers!

Ashamax
1st Feb 2018, 09:03
CLIJI

They said they will call within 2 to 3 weeks, maybe more. Isn't it a bit early to mention "never again"?

pedrothepilot
1st Feb 2018, 10:02
Hi Guys and Gals,

What is your opinion about looking over the ATPL question banks for the interview?

Are there any multiple choice type tests similar to the ATPL theory exams?

I know we all need to have a good grasp of POF and be able to talk about our previous types/ac and more generic technical questions.

But I am wondering about Air Law and Ops questions? I've been studying EU-OPS but there really is so much in there. I've been focusing on the usual, fuel policy, documents required for flight, alternate requirements, O2 requirements, airspace etc...

Does anyone else expect or have they experienced these types of questions in the interview yet?

Thanks

CLIJI
1st Feb 2018, 12:58
They said they will call within 2 to 3 weeks, maybe more. Isn't it a bit early to mention "never again"?

Oh sorry, I speak about people who have done interview 1 year ago for 3 of them and 6 months ago for 1 of them. So not an isolated behaviour.

Ashamax
1st Feb 2018, 15:35
Alright, my bad! Then I can't tell. They are pretty responsive on the email, so I guess asking them the status after such a long time may be a good idea. But I'm pretty sure they did.
Anyway we don't have other choice than "wait and see".

Best of luck!

nightfright
1st Feb 2018, 17:14
I also did the assessment, they have lots to choose from. They are watching you and secretive on who they want - if they see you and like you -

If they like you and want to interview you they will call you and progress you telling you in private. I was asked for interview in private and many were told possible call back later approx. 8 were interviewed on the day.

strange operation on how they do select but an enjoyable day out.

Be yourself ......

They cannot interview all or give sim checks to all. So do not believe that everyone will get interviewed on the day Interview's for 6- 8 people on the day and some were invited approx. 3 for simulator the next day and others invited later. Not sure if those promised a interview at a later date has happened or not.

All the best

CLIJI
1st Feb 2018, 19:45
I do not meant to be negative. Just point out the fact, after the day & simu, anybody think they are chosen and be in a cockpit... but Aer Lingus do not call them back. just be aware of that during the long weeks you wait

I work in a private company, when I do interview, I think this is important to inform people of the following steps of the candidates, in real. They don't. Just be aware that's it

Best luck to you

Anunaki
1st Feb 2018, 20:34
I wasn't aware of this, I was under the impression that they have exhausted the "holding pool" and those placed in it received offers of employment. If that's the case, it would be disheartening to have spent hours of preparation and study, plus the herculean financial stretch some of us did in order to make it there.
However, I am pragmatic and understand that it is the name of the game, they owe us nothing, the industry owe us nothing, it is the choice we made. Keep your chin up, I believe that we will hear this time sooner or later. For me it has been 3 weeks already.

mask14
1st Feb 2018, 23:33
Judging by rosters published here...
Assessments started on Jan 22nd - they end Friday 9th.
They can't interview everyone but I flew recently with a guy that got called back for interview 3 months later. then hold pool then offer 6 months later. He is chuffed and through probation already.
This is the biggest intake on record. not everyone will make it this time but they won't know who is yes or no until after they see everyone by next week.
Don't get worked up folks -if you did really obviously poorly they still won't tell you on the day in front of everyone surely that makes sense. Thats kinder.

Hopefully you'll get a call back. I don't envy you folks it's tough but worth it.
They are also using new assessors too so good luck.

Century255
2nd Feb 2018, 06:45
I will be there next week. Has anybody a hint for me on what they focus most during the tech interview? POF or FLPN PERF, what’s your most suggested topic to go over again?

limamikeecho
2nd Feb 2018, 08:13
Fresh from flight school and received a phone call. Interview on 6th of february. Good luck to everybody!

Hi, i have my Interview on 6th too.
Do you know any other candidates?
How are you doing with preperation?

Schöne Grüße

limamikeecho
2nd Feb 2018, 08:35
I try to go over all basic stuff like ILS minimums, POF, basic systeme knowledge (APU, pressure in hydr sys etc...). Basically all the general stuff.

Century255
2nd Feb 2018, 16:40
EU Ops would be a good Idea. And I suggest to have a closer look to ererything which can be associated with jet acft. Swept wings, Mkrit and stuff like that. Also Performance wise. Time for a glass of wine and to dig my nose in my notes which I made 5! years ago... Unbelievable how fast you can forget things you once have learned with passion. But the good thing is this knowledge is relatively easy to re-activate. Especially with a second glass of wine. And a good old book from Oxford Aviation.... and a 2nd book... and a 3rd one... 🙄 Oh my god... Aviation is pure fun😳
Good luck to all!

FoxEcho
3rd Feb 2018, 08:38
Hi Guys,

Are you sure about technical interview ??? I was told that there will be only HR type interview (and maybe on or two question on the Company, aircraft) if you're not TR ?

Thanks for your return

limamikeecho
3rd Feb 2018, 15:29
Unfortunately I have not heard anything about questions for non tr candidates. I can imagine that there could be some common tech questions not airbus related like systems we cannot know without tr...

What do you think about?

mermoz13
3rd Feb 2018, 16:03
Hi guys,

anybody experienced already skype interview with Aer Lingus ? I'm expecting one on Feb 6th 2018...

i'm rated A320 with hours on type

thanks

limamikeecho
3rd Feb 2018, 16:18
FoxEcho

Unfortunately I have not heard anything about questions for non tr candidates. I can imagine that there could be some common tech questions not airbus related like systems we cannot know without tr...

What do you think about?

Luminance
3rd Feb 2018, 20:11
There definitely will be tech questions, I am not type rated and had a couple tricky ones and even a A320 specific question. But all the questions were on relevant systems, stuff you should know more or less. AGK would be worth going over I would say!

CaptainJim
5th Feb 2018, 06:13
Anybody have the pay scale or know how many years to top Captain pay scale?

Can you bid for stby/reserve?

Shamrock49
6th Feb 2018, 00:43
22 pt pay scale, no bidding for STBY

anonymous_hopeful
13th Feb 2018, 14:53
I'm aware of 2 people who have invites to sim this week, they got them just hours after their assessment last week. I'm still waiting, did the assessment, interviews, I thought I did well, but to be honest I think so did everyone. Everybody I talked to was smart, prepared and pleasant, everyone was shining through the group exercises so I really think it's a lottery at this stage..

rogue leader
13th Feb 2018, 21:03
What anonymous_hopeful said - good luck all!

CLIJI
14th Feb 2018, 06:40
Hi Guys,

The question is : do people get positive reply ?
From Aer Lingus there is no reply when it's negative

Officer Kite
14th Feb 2018, 06:53
This depends, sometimes they have and at other times they haven't - even with their cadetship it was the same.

There is a reluctance to send 'no' emails out, this seems to be because they rarely have a definitive 'no' on all people, there are times when they have actually sent out negative emails and then called the person back without them even reapplying. They seem to like to keep all their options open and for this reason don't like sending hard negative emails ... remember they can only take a certain number at a certain time, they may still really like some people and want them as an option in future.

This is what I have been told directly from those in the know and also from my own personal experience.

CLIJI
15th Feb 2018, 08:06
Ok, so why hasn't they gave an answer to my friends in august, and launch recruitment session in october... ? I guess there is plenty of guy waiting an answer from them.

I love your speech, this is a dreaming and loving one... sorry I buy it at 40% only

Soulive
15th Feb 2018, 09:27
I think you've made your point. Good luck to you and everyone still in the process, let's hope for the best!

Anunaki
15th Feb 2018, 12:18
It is rather ironic, that a company whose last item in the company values list is "Honesty", can't be honest enough about your performance. I'd argue that after spending a considerable amount of time and money to attend, the least they could do is either let us go or give us a positive answer. At least explain what it is the hold up.
I have a family to feed and need to make a decision ASAP as to what am I going to do, accept a job outside aviation that pays well, in which I have to commit a minimum 6 months or hold on until I get an answer.
I understand your frustration completely, we can all rant here but it will all go back to something I have said before, industry and the airline owe us nothing, and it's pilots fault for selling themselves down the river for years too cheaply. I argued with many guys here over several things, it is good to disagree. I made it to the final and they didn't but now I think it was a blessing in disguise for them, as they didn't have to break the bank at least.
You only "buy at 40%"? good, that's how it should be, it means you're not naive and will questions things.
If your friends never got a response then they either are not telling you the full story or there are flaws with AL processes. We all heard that some guys were hired a few years ago, then couple of weeks after some agency advertised for those jobs and none of the original candidates were taken in. They aren't perfect or totally honest so yes, be sceptical. They owe us nothing but they were the ones who made the promise of a transparent and swift process, you have the right to question then. But also, don't lose your sleep over it, I made peace already and am not frantically checking my phone or emails. That said, never applying to them again as I know its a waste of time and money.

AMS
15th Feb 2018, 15:22
An organisation can appear to want to do the right thing - sadly many working in those organisations are not fully equipped to run it with their own values. Their methods speak volumes about them as an organisation. Sadly those seeking for jobs have their hands tied and have to accept this treatment.

But one must think if they will fit into an organisation that does not live up to their own values.

pay peanuts you get monkeys

vrb03kt
15th Feb 2018, 19:30
Aer Lingus is without a doubt the most shambolic recruitment process I have ever applied to. A really poor reflection of what seems like a great company once you get in.

CLIJI
16th Feb 2018, 15:35
After 15 years of experiences with human ressources in 6 Companies, I totally agree with you. According to what I have seen so far in AL

AMS
16th Feb 2018, 23:12
Good company once you are in?

.. if they manage their recruitment in this way...then just imagine how they manage their training and operations - let alone the treatment if you need support .

mask14
17th Feb 2018, 07:56
Apparently they said they would be in touch by the end of March to all. Over 360 pilots went through assessment centre I believe.
If you haven't got a call for Sim or interview by now surely you can read between the lines. You'll know for sure soon. Those scoring well are the priority those not will know by March end.
Move on folks...

Anunaki
17th Feb 2018, 10:41
That will be nearly 3 months later...LOL what a joke. As I said, wish I haven't bothered. That money could have bought the missus something nice, or hundreds of nappies for the child, take the family on a little break etc.
Its about choices, and I have made the wrong one in bothering with this sorry excuse of an airline. And as you said, moving on.

Century255
17th Feb 2018, 12:00
It is just one week (!) or five working days since the assessment days are over. So I think we should give them some time. In my opinion there is nothing to complain about. For me it was a positive experience, even if I haven’t had an Interview yet. And I still have a positive mind setting.

The EI team expected to meet a certain personality when I was showing up there. They already knew who I am because I answered lots of personal questions. Now, guess what they are doing? They are simply looking for evidence that I behave like they expect me to behave from those questions. That's what it is all about.

They crosscheck that during the group assessment. For example your profile says that you are an active listener. This is important when working in a team environment. Well, great. But in reality you are not listening to others, don't engage with the whole group, overrule others... That’s it, you are out. That’s not what they expected, not what you pretended to be, based on your psychological profile they have. They score us during every exercise. That score has to fit into the whole picture.

One could also have bad luck with the group itself and get drowned in the dynamic behaviour of some people. That is the, or another reason for the panel exercise…

You had the interview? Oh, it was really relaxed… Nice people, a little Smalltalk, they want to learn more about you… Just be yourself….
Did they ask for your weakness for example? Believe me; they already know your weaknesses. At least they have a rough idea of it. Again, does your answer show evidence to their idea of who you are? Yes? Great, so time to go to the Sim.

Here is another place where it all comes together. But they are not only assessing your flying skills. They expect you to be able to handle the acft in a professional manner… But again, what about the personality you showed during the whole assessment? Does it fit in the big picture?

There are so many hidden hurdles to stumble about…

They collect a lot of data during the assessment. The evaluation will take some time. Even if somebody made it in the Sim, that does not necessarily mean that all went right.
But I think they progress those at first to the next stage, who showed the best prospects for a good outcome during the process.

Some will fail; some are only an average fit to their needs. It might also be that others have a better gig with another company. Especially some of the experienced guys will probably have more than one opportunity. This is the time where they will look at those who haven't had the interview yet.

That is just my point of view and I really have to say that I met some good people with a professional attitude in Dub. Most of them, if not all will make their way somehow. At least the assessment day was a good experience, not only about the company itself, but also on what to expect in Ireland.

And yes, I spend money and time in the preparation process. But I did that for me, not especially for EI as it is not the only airline I applied to. It is an investment in my future.

And yes, I spend money in a MCC refresher on a 320. I'm not rated on any type, but I believe it is important to keep my MCC skills sharp. You never know... But again, it was for me and myself and nobody else. But I want to be prepared and show a professional way of working should I need it someday.

The only money I spent especially for the assessment was the journey itself. And this is something I was aware of in advance, even before applying for the job.

But I agree it would be somewhat annoying if they do not give an answer at all about the outcome of the process. The first filter was the online assessment, but thereafter it is getting more personal and it wouldn't fit to their company values if they just leave us with no response. While saying this, I'm confident that we will hear from them.
Just give them time to assess and work with all that data they collected. There are more than 300 personalities to be looked at in a respectful way. And that’s what they do.

So let’s stay tuned and keep each other informed if there is any movement…

Dutchdriver
17th Feb 2018, 15:52
So according to some people it takes them too long and that makes EI a bad company straight away?

If your really that short minded, you don’t belong in aviation. Cause you will need a lot of patience is this career my friend.
As said above interviews have only finished like 5 days ago, and they saw around 300 people, do you really think that you’ll get a call or email straight after the first day there done? You should know better.

There professional people with flying jobs next to there recruitment job too so give them a bit of time before you start writing it’s a stupid company.

I have invested money and time as well, and it was all worth it. Is it not for EI if I do t make it thru this stage it is a good experience and I’ll use that experience for a next assessment.

anonymous_hopeful
17th Feb 2018, 16:25
Anunaki

You knew what the competition was like before you purchased the tickets to come for the interview, didn't you? Having you whine about the expenses is just childish. The process isn't even over yet and you're already are making a scene.. I was there too, I also had my expenses and had to take time off to attend.. but they owe me nothing, I can take a hint and move on.

Anunaki
17th Feb 2018, 17:06
Wanna have this mate?

Whine?LOL I am expressing a valid point about how the process is anything but transparent and at how they could be direct and put people out of their misery. You need to :mad:, as I have mentioned several times that they do owe us nothing. Read all the comments before commenting.

I have also mentioned that It was my choice in the end, and that I could've done better things with it. Don't like what I say? well that's your problem really, not losing my sleep over you buddy.

In regards to the recruitment itself, don't be naive. I was told when I was there that from the 100 places, 33 were already taken by ex monarch, they were looking for 70 more. They had enough candidates who met the criteria at that point too, heard on good authority. If you didn't get called, they could keep you on a list as it has been mentioned, to keep their options open, Or they can send you a rejection. It does change all the time as there is always hope, there is nothing wrong in me wanting to make a decision that affects my livelihood, and guess what, nothing you say can change that. It would be more honest to be straight forward to those who gave their all, and THAT is my point. Take the hint...as you said!

anonymous_hopeful
17th Feb 2018, 17:17
wow, such emotions, such drama! How exactly do you propose they can make the process more transparent? Do you expect them to publish their exact strategies and numbers whenever they hire someone? And you're calling me naive? You were told that you will find out in the next two to three weeks, what more do you want?

I don't care that there are 30 or whatever amount of monarch guys - they were very open from the very beginning saying that they are interested in a mix of experienced TR guys and 0 hour candidates - again, what more transparency could you wish for?

They booked 120 sim places in Simtech for the assessment, if you haven't been called now, you are not in the top 120.. if out of those 120 there will be a lot of rubbish candidates, they will block-book the next slots.. either way sooner or later you'll know!

Impatience is not a good virtue for a pilot

Anunaki
17th Feb 2018, 17:27
Virtues? Oh please Lord "virtuoso", enlighten us thy mortals with your wisdom? I shall listen to every word and cherish this moment, the rapture, mesmerise us Sir perfect pilot.

Good grief, I do need patience to deal with people like you. I will repeat as I am under the assumption you have difficulties in grasping a simple concept, and since you're attacked me (foolish really), I shall reply.

THIS, means different things to different people, I have a family to feed and like many others, have to make tough decisions. Waiting for over a month for a response is not how it is supposed to be done, or what it is expected from a reputable brand such as EL, fair? Also, is not what I was told it would happen, so that gives me the right to feel a little disapointed. Can I have a moan? absolutely. Do they care? NO. Should you care?NO. DO I care about what you think? oh hell no.

Is that clear?

Emotions? poor you....poor child.

anonymous_hopeful
17th Feb 2018, 17:49
Anunaki, you yourself made Aerlingus recruitment team aware of this thread due to some leaked questions. Do you think, if the recruitment team still follows this discussion, you come across as a well balanced and mentally stable individual who is worth hiring? Think about it. It is very easy to figure out who you are, this is a public discussion and you are bashing the airline you want to work for before you even get a response. To make things worse, you completely loose your plot over a simple confrontation.. It would appear to me, that you can't really think two steps ahead

I'm really sorry for your family and that they have to put their trust a person who puts all his eggs in one basket.. and then drives them over with a bulldozer

Anunaki
17th Feb 2018, 17:57
HAHAHAHA Lord perfect pilot, you're quite funny. And I knew your return to the conversation had something to deal with that previous chats, rather pathetic. You assume a lot,now you're a psychiatrist and see emotion where there isn't. Loose my plot? poor child....

I am out of the race, you did not bother to read did you? my decision was made.

Also, did you read my last message, why are you still here? :mad: off...

Now we can all go back to the conversation to where it was before you showed up.

anonymous_hopeful
17th Feb 2018, 18:35
can you do us all a favor and remember your decision next year? You didn't seem too happy last year as well but apparently forgot about it. Save yourself the pain and cost next time

Anunaki
17th Feb 2018, 18:43
Thank you for your wisdom Lord perfect pilot, now get lost as you are waiting for the simulator aren't you? I am not, tough luck. Now be quiet.

We can all move on now. What were we saying again?

anonymous_hopeful
17th Feb 2018, 18:53
you are very right, I am still hoping to get a call, that's why I follow this thread to see how others are doing. If you have given up, I don't understand your motivation to be here an make an absolute donkey out of yourself.

Thanks for referring to me as a perfect pilot. I can assure you though, that I am not - no one is. However I do have the brains not to spit in my own soup.

In case you are not getting in, I am Irish, AerLingus is my national airline and the ultimate dream. It's my one chance to work close to home and my loved ones. I do not take it kindly if some patsy decides to trash-talk for no good reason something that through the years mine and my country-men taxpayers/ticket buyer's money helped to build and develop. If you like to give out a rant, why don't target something closer to your own home, plenty of candidate airlines there, no?

Anunaki
17th Feb 2018, 18:58
First of all, you attacked me, I was having a perfect conversation with others, so there is a donkey for sure and he's Irish.

In regards to the rest, play me the world smallest violin.....Would you a like a medal for your cheesy nationalism?

Now go away please as I couldn't care less.

For the FOURTH TIME, moving on!

anonymous_hopeful
17th Feb 2018, 19:07
have a look of your post history, you don't exactly have a good record in having "perfect conversations".. and no, you did not have one there too, you literally called AerLingus a sorry excuse for an airline! They have dozens if not hundreds of respected industry awards and recognitions that indicate otherwise.. About 4000 pilots applied, that's how desired the company is. No need to be a sore loser if you didn't make it through

Anunaki
17th Feb 2018, 19:12
LOL you mean, You didn't make it! I did the sim and am awaiting response, but had to choose another job, YOU didn't get that far and chose to attack me, I am simply responding as you rightly implied, I do not take :mad: from anyone.

Have told you already, you don't read because you're the emotional here. Hahah three steps ahead mate ;)

120 isn't that right? I am terribly sorry, try again next year and tell them about your tax payer money etc...Good Braveheart speech tho, very cute!

For the FIFTH TIME, Moving on!

anonymous_hopeful
17th Feb 2018, 19:31
you never specifically said that you got to the sim. In one of your comments you did mention getting to the "final", but let's be honest, that can be open to the interpretation... if you actually got to the sim your actions are even more puzzling.. were you not told that for the training they will only take in 4 successful candidates every week? Like if they actually tell you that you have been successful, it can be August or September before you do your TR.. if the money is so tight, just take up a job that you can quit in the event if you get through. That's what I do anyway, the recruitment process is well documented and it is well known that it takes an awful lot of time. Mind boggles how someone can get this far and put it all down the drain simply out of pure impatience and ego..

Anunaki
17th Feb 2018, 19:35
AMS says "you pay peanuts you get monkeys" and he wasn't attacked, VRB0kts called them "Shambolic", other contributors have weigh in with derogatory comments, yet, you felt that I was an easy target and now can't hold your argument.

On page 7, Shamrock said he wouldn't share details, he was respected whilst you threw your toys out of the pram when I said I wouldn't too.

I give as good as I get, deep look at yourselves before judging me. You want to attack me for being disappointed and expressing my views? show some consistency and answer to the other 4 or 5 who shared that opinion, don't be hypocritical.

For the SIXTH TIME, let's move on to something productive please.

anonymous_hopeful
17th Feb 2018, 19:42
there's a difference whether you criticize the process (which let's be honest, probably could do with some improvements) and resorting to downright airline bashing.

For the SIXTH TIME, let's move on to something productive please.

you can continue your counter as long as you want, that's not how arguments work

as a frequent flyer on AerLingus, it honestly scares me that someone as short tempered as you got as far as sim...

Anunaki
17th Feb 2018, 19:47
Yes, I got the call after that comment. The day itself wasn't too bad but they did not keep their word. I didn't put my eggs in one basket, I just have issues with being messed around, but hey, this is aviation. Again, nothing of your concern.

I am not at fault of your performance or whatever happened to your application, so if you're pissed at how people talk about your dear Airline, address all of them and not just me. You cannot erase our experiences just because your perception of them is of pure perfection. This is a two way process and I have realised that Is not the right fit, and that is fine to get to that conclusion. Some of you think I am not the right fit for them anyway, yet I went all the way. But who cares?

Also, you don't get to judge anyone here when you haven't walked a mile in their shoes, you sound like a 20 something naive kid but I won't judge you either. God forbid you get to my position, I don't wish that to a worse enemy.

You don't know me in person, I am true to my convictions and will speak my mind whoever controversial it may sound, it is my democratic right. I have abide by their rules throughout the process, prepared and performed to the best of my abilities. Many who went all the way knew the answers, and you're trying to school me on professionalism and integrity? Are you that naive to think that I talk like this once there, or in any working environment?

I'm bored of you now, give some of that heat to others and you can't faze me.

anonymous_hopeful
17th Feb 2018, 19:54
The day itself wasn't too bad but they did not keep their word.

can you, for the sake of the clarity, please tell us what did they promise you and failed to deliver? At least that's one way to make this conversation more productive (to which I agree, we should probably try to get back to)

Again, I picked on you because of your choice of words.. I have no problem if people criticize process, but please don't bash the whole organization. You're right, I don't know you, but the same way I can say that this process is not representing the whole organization in it's fullest, therefore one shouldn't carry away with the insults to the whole organization