PDA

View Full Version : New Swanwick Manager

Hairy Badger
1st Jul 2002, 20:54
Anybody out there got any good rumours as who will be replacing Gordon as GM Swanwick?

Only 1 I've heard is that it will be another ex-BA body.

No 1
1st Jul 2002, 21:35
I've heard that a fish from the NERC lake is the leading candiate closely followed by a flea from the old LATCC ACR carpet!!!

Dungeon dweller
2nd Jul 2002, 21:42
Apparently the fish and the flea were holding out for too much money. The Hot rumour is that they are holding assessment centres in the reptile house at Marwell. Exercise 1 is hiding under stones until thunder storms pass over.....:D :D :D

Vlad the Impaler
2nd Jul 2002, 22:34
No 1
I'm afraid that your information is incorrect.
All the LATCC ACR fleas have undergone retraining and been relocated to the TC ops room.

Ouch !!

Well,

all but one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AREA52
3rd Jul 2002, 14:16
I suspect the fish, or the fleas would be overqualified for a NATS management position. Also, they have not yet failed at doing their job, and are of course not viable for promotion.

On a more serious note, there has been a rumour that Paul Louden, whom I believe is TC GM or something? may be moving in the direction of NERC, oops! Swanwick:rolleyes: . Apparently he does listen to the staff more and is quite well liked, that would be a pleasant change.

The proof will be in the pudding, whoever they may be:D

Minesapint
3rd Jul 2002, 15:36
Any cahnce of having a proper manager with proper management qualifications? As opposed to another old ATCO!!:rolleyes:

Flight Plan Fixer
3rd Jul 2002, 16:21
I've got two degrees, a CMS, DMS, MBA, and 23 years in NATS...

I like to listen, and don't like being told what to think...

Have I got a chance?
Naaah...these jobs don't get VN'ed....now, what was the Masons web site again?

Cuddles
3rd Jul 2002, 17:18
Am I correct in thinking that fish have no ears?

If I am, I can think of no better candidate for management in any area of the company.

Vercingetorix
3rd Jul 2002, 17:29
Minesapint, suggest you check you check out your managers actual qualifications. Engage brain before opening mouth. Cheers

Yellow Monster
3rd Jul 2002, 17:41
Can't have it both ways - moaning about ex-ATCO managers not being management qualified and then moaning about non-ATCO managers not understanding air traffic.

Minesapint
3rd Jul 2002, 18:15
Engage brain? What are you talking about mush?:rolleyes:

Have I dared to criticise ATCO management? Are they that good then?? Maybe time for summate else? My boss has an MBA - I have a 2.1 in engineering a CMS, DMS and various other qualifications including 3 A'levels. How about you???

BDiONU
3rd Jul 2002, 18:36
They don't need to replace him, there are already 4 guys doing the one job!!

Gordon
Rob
Big Al
& Alan.

Flight Plan Fixer
3rd Jul 2002, 18:59
Maybe they can replace him with a RISC 6000...

...then you'll have a boss that goes down on you regularly!:eek:

:D :D ;)

chiglet
3rd Jul 2002, 21:14
A "certain" Mr O'Leary is at a [somewhat] lose end at the moment :D
we aim to please, it keeps the cleaners happy
ps, for non-footie fans. He spent 100M and did nowt:rolleyes:

BEXIL160
3rd Jul 2002, 21:44
The person NATS REALLY NEED is :

Ms. Jane Garvey

Chances of getting her? ZERO.

Rgds
BEX

Nogbad the Bad
3rd Jul 2002, 22:25
"They don't need to replace him, there are already 4 guys doing the one job!!

Gordon
Rob
Big Al
& Alan."

And if NATS were to sack them ALL, how morale would soar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dungeon dweller
3rd Jul 2002, 22:36
How about someone from the Dark Side of the Force.... There's a PI Manager (Non Gender Specific) who has aspirations way way way above their capabilities... (Good Singer tho')... I feel a disturbance in the force... Ahhhhhhhhh!!!

My bet is still with the pond life (or BA member of TAG) Not sure which is lowest on the food chain.

As for the rest ........

Look what they did in France in 1780 something or other...

Hello Madame Guillotine for the whole bally lot of them....

DD (Who am I ??):eek: :eek: :eek:

crowman
3rd Jul 2002, 22:52
If Yoda can be persuaded, he an ideal candidate would make! He, the force would harness at Swanwick.Alternatively the frontrunner should be Gwyneth, now that really would make our managers take note! :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

Vercingetorix
6th Jul 2002, 07:20
Minesapint. Tsk Tsk. I'd never have guessed

Minesapint
6th Jul 2002, 14:39
Versing er thing.

Well? You?:rolleyes:

R Slicker
7th Jul 2002, 20:29
I think that Barbara Cassani may be at a lose end! But it might well be an Engineer - then watch your backs!