PDA

View Full Version : FAA instructor in Europe

Etropi
12th Aug 2016, 15:02
Hello everybody,

I hold a FAA-IFR rating which is not any more valid since I haven't flown enough in the last six months. Anyway, I have to convert it into EASA-IR.

Before sitting any exam, my FAA IR must be valid. Therefore I was wondering whether a FAA instructor getting bored in Europe would be available in the following months to do the check ride with me. :cool:
As a matter of fact, I would need even some ground and eventually air time to get back on the IFR mentality, which is easy to loose if not trained. Everything to be organized.

Many thanks and have a great day :ok:

Duchess_Driver
12th Aug 2016, 16:03
Europe is a big place... and there are a few FAA CFIIs I know at either end, some in the middle and at the top and bottom. If you can be a bit more specific I may be able to put you in touch...

sapperkenno
12th Aug 2016, 17:18
So you need an IPC? Are you outside the first 6 months, and into the second 6 months where all you need to do is fly the required number of approaches with a safety pilot to get current again?!

Etropi
13th Aug 2016, 10:42
Hello and thanks for your answers.

To Dutchess Driver: I haven't cited a particular place since I count to reach the instructor where it might be most suitable for him/her to fly with me. If I could state a preference, I would avoid far north of Europe ;) thanks !

To sapperkenno: unfortunately I'm out of that possibility too. You are perfectly right saying that I might use a safety pilot, the reason why I said I haven't flown enough in last sixth month is because I remembered those numbers as a go/can't go barrier. But in fact what I need is an Instrument Prof Check. Thank you for letting me precise that :ok:

Cheers

porridge
13th Aug 2016, 15:02
I can help, PM me if you can do UK please. I'm EASA and FAA

Miles Magister
14th Aug 2016, 23:08
Try camflight.com

Etropi
15th Aug 2016, 08:48
Thanks everyone for your help ! ;)

LTCTerry
15th Aug 2016, 14:34
I hold a FAA-IFR rating which is not any more valid since I haven't flown enough in the last six months. Anyway, I have to convert it into EASA-IR.

Before sitting any exam, my FAA IR must be valid.

So, you are outside the second six-month window and cannot reset yourself?

Try flylisa.de* for CFIIs that are also EASA competency-based IR guys. You can "do it all" there, perhaps during the same flight(s) if you are lucky. Train. Test. Pay fees.

One of the instructors is in my glider club - CFII, EASA IR examiner, etc.

*This URL will auto forward to another, longer URL, but you will see a page about flying in either of two Grumman Cheetahs. Hope this helps.

Terry

My EASA SEP has expired due to my own fault; I'll likely renew there.

carlo.sforza1
24th Aug 2016, 05:40
Goog day All, I need a biannual flt. Rewiew. for my FAA Licence.
Still current as CFI MEI II
Can fly a Beech Baron 55, US registered
Thanks, Carlo

Johndulchie
11th Jun 2018, 11:04
Good Day, I wish to revalidate my FAA ASEP not used for a few years. It seems hard enough to locate a convenient FAA instructor, any ideas?

rudestuff
11th Jun 2018, 18:46
Have you searched the airman registry?