PDA

View Full Version : Jeppesen route MEA suffix "a"

Dupre
11th Aug 2016, 02:57
Hi, apologies if this is not the correct forum... mods please move if there is a more appropriate place.

In the Jepp Enrote charts, the MEA sometimes has a suffix... I have found in the introduction section some definitions includint a "G" and "T" suffix. But cannot find the definition "a" suffix.

Can anyone tell me?

Thanks!

oggers
11th Aug 2016, 07:05
a = Route MORA (10 NM either side)

sonicbum
11th Aug 2016, 10:09
Hi, apologies if this is not the correct forum... mods please move if there is a more appropriate place.

In the Jepp Enrote charts, the MEA sometimes has a suffix... I have found in the introduction section some definitions includint a "G" and "T" suffix. But cannot find the definition "a" suffix.

Can anyone tell me?

Thanks!

Hi,

check again in the "CHART LEGEND" where you have the Airway Chart picture and at the bottom of the picture you will find a segment with an altitude of "2600a".

Capn Bloggs
11th Aug 2016, 12:35
If you have the electronic Jepp General Airway manual dated 4 Aug, the "2600a" mentioned by superbum is at the bottom of page 141 (item 45) and the explanation is on page 143, as Oggggggers said: Route MORA.

Togue
11th Aug 2016, 13:57
Dupre,

Oggers and Capn Bloggs are right.

Check your Jepp Airway Manual, Chart Legend Section, Enroute Chart subsection. You will find there what already has been said that "a" is for MORA.

Dupre
11th Aug 2016, 14:48
Thanks for the replies! I had spent ages looking at that very chart and not seen it! Couldn't see the forest for the trees it would seem...

Cheers 😊