PDA

View Full Version : Airfield briefs

Driver 170
6th Aug 2016, 19:52
I have a collection of many UK airport airfield briefs (RYR) and a few European airports too from some helpful pilot. I'm looking for a few more if anyone is willing to send them privately via email?

I'm hoping for EGGP, LEIB, LSGG and LSZH!

Thankyou.

Piltdown Man
17th Aug 2016, 21:35
Just out of interest, what do you mean by "brief"

PM

B737900er
18th Aug 2016, 15:08
Part C manual or route briefs.

Driver 170
28th Aug 2016, 09:27
Just all the relevant points for the pilots to know about the airfield

Piltdown Man
28th Aug 2016, 10:45
A brief will depend in the audience, aircraft, fuel state, weather, personal preference etc. May I suggest that a canned brief has absolutely no value.

PM

Denti
28th Aug 2016, 13:50
A brief will depend in the audience, aircraft, fuel state, weather, personal preference etc. May I suggest that a canned brief has absolutely no value.

That sounds like you are talking about an approach briefing. However, i believe the OP means the general airport familiarization briefing packages that quality carriers provide to their crews to familiarize themselves with the airport in question. They are much more thorough and broad in topics than a usual inflight briefing ever should be and can make it easier for someone operating into an airport for the first time.

Usually they contain topics like general airport layout, preferred gates, operation info, approaches and departures as well as taxi routes, expected traffic and weather patterns throughout the year, surrounding terrain and of course special challenges if any exist. Quite often they do include a section about hotel accomodation, crew transportation and so on.

Piltdown Man
28th Aug 2016, 16:20
I think I know the briefs you are talking about.

PM