PDA

View Full Version : Renewing my Examiner rating.

BigEndBob
5th Aug 2016, 22:36
Should I bother.
£150 seminar for information the CAA should provide for their charge as in the past...plus a day off work income lost plus travel.
£200 flight examiner charge and not sure yet what the CAA want.
Ok will get all this back after 3-4 skill tests at £150 a pop.
Being doing test for 20 years.
More hassle now than ever.
Future could be responsible for signing someone off that flies into goodness knows what.
Been told that any test I do, the person passing can exercise privilege after test and not wait for license. What if something happens?
Similar scenario to AME's.
People expecting LPC's, license signing foc.
I do foc if members just to keep them, fool me.
Member IMC's renewals, foc. I remember paying £75 in 1985.
I'm up for a easy life and just say no to everyone and their obscure questions on licensing matters.
No longer the Kudos of being an examiner..so what.

Stampe
6th Aug 2016, 06:20
Gave my examiner authorisation up 2 years ago after over 30 years in the role.No regrets I still enjoy instructing and the 945 obligations give me the ability to revalidate by experience where I have carried out the hours dual flight.I felt unable to continue to represent the farce that is EASA.The CAA in the UK under its current leadership has all but collapsed as a respected regulator and lost its expertise.Over 40 years experience in UK flight training standards are reaching new low levels and costs soaring.Good luck whichever course you decide.

Treadstone1
6th Aug 2016, 11:16
CAA want £334......

mykul10
6th Aug 2016, 19:09
Should I bother.
£150 seminar for information the CAA should provide for their charge as in the past...plus a day off work income lost plus travel.
£200 flight examiner charge and not sure yet what the CAA want.
Ok will get all this back after 3-4 skill tests at £150 a pop.
Being doing test for 20 years.
More hassle now than ever.
Future could be responsible for signing someone off that flies into goodness knows what.
Been told that any test I do, the person passing can exercise privilege after test and not wait for license. What if something happens?
Similar scenario to AME's.
People expecting LPC's, license signing foc.
I do foc if members just to keep them, fool me.
Member IMC's renewals, foc. I remember paying £75 in 1985.
I'm up for a easy life and just say no to everyone and their obscure questions on licensing matters.
No longer the Kudos of being an examiner..so what.

I'm away and not got docs to hand but I'm pretty sure that the question of immediate privileges does not apply to licences, only to certificates and ratings.

I am no longer a current FE, but have been concerned by those who are issuing temp certificates after PPL Skill Tests. They can only be used if the applicant already holds a licence to which they wish to add things like IR, MEP, FI.

Standing by for different opinions...

Update, see

IN 2016/027 and SRG 1100

Danny boy
7th Aug 2016, 09:37
Don't forget you have to do a FE assessment as well, basically a flight test with an examiner, so your looking at aircraft hire more fees etc... really your looking at £1k to re val your FE...quite dear..

bignose340
7th Aug 2016, 20:01
So chaps I charge £150 for an IR Renewal plus another £50 for the combined MEP?......................... I think I am cheap but then my own next revalidation to 'observe me' as an examiner is quoted at £1640 ....WTF ?!!!!! so I need at least 10 IR only REVALS to pay that back .... Yet the current Initial IR skill test is what £800 plus and something ....
Am I missing something?

What will happen when we all refuse to renew/revalidate our examiner tickets ............

mykul10
7th Aug 2016, 20:08
So chaps I charge £150 for an IR Renewal plus another £50 for the combined MEP?......................... I think I am cheap but then my own next revalidation to 'observe me' as an examiner is quoted at £1640 ....WTF ?!!!!! so I need at least 10 IR only REVALS to pay that back .... Yet the current Initial IR skill test is what £800 plus and something ....
Am I missing something?

What will happen when we all refuse to renew/revalidate our examiner tickets ............

That's easy! They'll just get the CAA Staff FEs to do it.......oh hang on.........🙀