PDA

View Full Version : Flight school

Fabian94
30th Jul 2016, 14:36
Hello my name is Fabian Nilsson. I been dreaming of becoming a commercial pilot since I was a kid. But the only thing stopping me is that I cannot probably afford European flight schools because they are often super expensive so im asking you pilots or students where you went to school and maybe tell me where I can find a cheaper flight school anywhere in this world please help me :)

Intruder
31st Jul 2016, 12:49
Will a "cheaper" flight school still be as cheap with the travel and living expenses, and the possibility of NOT being able to get a side job while in school?

Look into a flying club. They are generally cheaper overall than commercial schools, and good ones have just as good instruction, especially at the basic levels.

Three Lima Charlie
31st Jul 2016, 15:49
I joined the military and they paid 100% of my flight training. And I got to fly some very nice aircraft and travel to some interesting places around the world. After four years I had over 2000 flight hours and it was easy to find a commercial job outside the military.

Fabian94
1st Aug 2016, 20:59
I dont know how the flight school are in South america but I found a flight school for 25000 $ dollars

Johnny F@rt Pants
10th Aug 2016, 02:38
Which gives you a licence in which country?

Unless you get an EASA licence you will have to convert what you have to EASA. This might well cost more than the $25000 you have already spent.