PDA

View Full Version : Multiple types of aircrafts in one Logbook

Captain Bradley
23rd Jul 2016, 18:45
Hi,

I have a Jeppesen Professional Pilot Logbook in which (until now) I was logging flights conducted on certified aircrafts only. Since recently I did motorglider (TMG) training and have some plans for ultralights / specials, I have a slight problem with putting it all together to one logbook.

Unfortunately, I see no possibility (without modifications of tables) of writing separate times for PIC / DUAL / etc. for each aircraft category. Basically in every case the logbook makes me add it all together. That is a problem as if anyone in the future will ask me let's say: "how much PIC time do you have on certified aircrafts?", I will have to spend hours on calculating it..

I can modify the logbook by spliting the rows.. but that is not very handy. Also, I can buy another logbook for "other aircrafts". What is your way?

AerocatS2A
24th Jul 2016, 03:52
Aircraft are like sheep.

One sheep, lots of sheep.
One aircraft, lots of aircraft. (No "s").

As to your question, I have my glider time in my log book but don't include it in totals. More to the point, I also have an electronic logbook that can give whatever totals I want.

Wageslave
25th Jul 2016, 08:52
I used pens in different colours to differentiate between fw and rotary. Makes it easier to calculate monthly and annual totals in the summary pages, also entered in different colours.
So for you perhaps aircraft in black, motorglider in blue, ultralight in green. It works well.

Chesty Morgan
25th Jul 2016, 09:45
Just do a monthly summary totalling time on each type.

John Farley
26th Jul 2016, 13:11
Exactly Chesty. Indeed in the RAF one had to. Those were the days.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/johnfarley/July1966_zpsf2fbecc1.jpg

Dan Winterland
29th Jul 2016, 02:06
That's impressive John. I managed 5 types in a month while at CFS, but 11! I'm rather intrigued about the meteor Mk 7 1/2. Please do tell!

John Farley
29th Jul 2016, 15:45
Thanks Dan. But all quite normal for the Aeroflight pilots in those days. I only used that page because I had it scanned answering somebody's query for an event that month.

A Meteor 7 1/2 was a T7 with a Meteror 8 tail.

John

Dan Winterland
2nd Aug 2016, 14:53
Must have been great days!