PDA

View Full Version : PPL Examinations

tobster911
14th Jul 2016, 10:47
Hi Guys and Gals

I've finally resumed my training, after a 10 month gap, and was pleasantly surprised to only have to do 15-20 minutes with a couple of touch and go's before my instructor told me I was competent enough to go solo again.

Apparently, I need to complete 3 hours in the circuit (which I'm half way through), and have now done a grand total of 23 hours. I just wondered whether anyone had any experience of being at this stage, and realistically, would you have any guesses as to whether at the 23 hour mark I should be much further on in my training?

Also, I haven't sat any of my exams yet, and was wondering if there was a recommended order to get them done in? Currently studying for Air Law (Christ it's tedious (but necessary, I know)) and am thinking about getting Met (because that quite interests me) and the Nav done, and then the final 4 in any order. Do you have any tips as to what I should be doing first?

And, a bit of a long shot, but do you know of anywhere in the Essex/Suffolk area that may do a 1 day course and exam at the end (for each subject, I don't expect to be able to do 7 subjects in one day :p )

Many thanks in advance

MrAverage
14th Jul 2016, 15:49
Your instructor should be giving you guidance on how to approach the written exams. In addition, you need to be aware that you only have six sittings to complete all nine exams.....................

tobster911
14th Jul 2016, 16:10
@MrAverage - That's a really odd way of doing things, 6 sittings for 9 exams. Why do they do that?

gerardflyagain
14th Jul 2016, 17:36
I thought you have to have passed air law before you can go solo?

TheOddOne
14th Jul 2016, 18:32
I thought you have to have passed air law before you can go solo?

Not legally, though practically every school requires it.

TOO

JDJ
14th Jul 2016, 21:17
This has some useful info, and reasonably up-to-date I think:

Order to take exams - FLYER Forums (http://forums.flyer.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=98816)