PDA

View Full Version : Enniskillen Fly-in prize winner ?

piperboy84
19th Jun 2016, 11:11
Does anyone know who the extremely handsome chap was who upon arrival demonstrated a beautifully stabilised approach followed by an absolute greaser of a short field landing landing, then went on to win the prize draw of free night at the Belmore Court hotel with full breakfast included?

Oh wait,,, that was me ! Who's the daddy? 😀👍

Big thanks to the folks at Enniskillen for the hospitality and the airfield manager taking a moment during his talk to recognise the 3 unfortunate folks associated with the field who had recently lost their lives flying, it was a nice touch. It was my first time in that part of the world, the scenery was amazing.

Note: If any flying achievement awards type people are reading this and considering my journey from Forfar to Enniskillen worthy of an award or medal, I would like to state that or the most part I was the sole manipulator of the controls, and pretty much felt ALONE in spite of picking Forbes up at Strathaven for the trip, and the only times he took over the controls was when I was pouring the tea from the flask and during the mid channel emergency where we thought we had left the fags back in the motor and I had to do a pocket fumble under the life vest to confirm that we had indeed brought a full pack of Marlboros. Surely an OBE on its way !!

The Ancient Geek
19th Jun 2016, 11:53
Well, your were due a bit of better luck after screwing up another landing and bending a prop. :D:D

irish seaplane
20th Jun 2016, 07:58
Well done, it was an absolute piss pot of a day 50nm to the south. You wouldn't even put your mother in law out in it.....

Dragonlight
24th Jun 2016, 16:20
Piperboy,

Congrats on the award! I'm just posting to say it's lovely to see St Angelo getting the traffic, last few times I've driven past it's looked a tad quiet, heres to it thriving in the future.

Regards,
DL