PDA

View Full Version : PPL training at Leeds/Doncaster

BNL22
8th Jun 2016, 13:11
Hello, first post on here so pardon me if this is the wrong sub forum.

I'm looking to start my PPL towards the end of the year and I'm not sure which airfield/airport offers decent training, I've seen conflicting information regarding specific schools so I thought I'd ask for first hand experience here. Depending on my job situation I'm going to be living a stones throw away from either Doncaster or Leeds airport (and the other smaller airfield surrounding them) so these are my main focal points.

Cheers!

md 600 driver
8th Jun 2016, 17:59
At Breighton airfield near Selby there is York flying school You could call them they come highly recommended

adambsmith
8th Jun 2016, 19:44
Sherburn Aero Club is another option too. That's where I obtained my PPL.

BNL22
9th Jun 2016, 14:32
Thanks for the replies, guys. They both seems quite good so I'm probably going to pay them a visit at some point to see what's going on.

Helicopterdriverguy
9th Jun 2016, 16:54
At Breighton airfield near Selby there is York flying school You could call them they come highly recommended
I have heard this as well. Breighton is also a nice place with several vintage aircraft. Although, I'm biassed.

squidie
9th Jun 2016, 21:40
Hello, first post on here so pardon me if this is the wrong sub forum.

I'm looking to start my PPL towards the end of the year and I'm not sure which airfield/airport offers decent training, I've seen conflicting information regarding specific schools so I thought I'd ask for first hand experience here. Depending on my job situation I'm going to be living a stones throw away from either Doncaster or Leeds airport (and the other smaller airfield surrounding them) so these are my main focal points.

Cheers!
Go visit you nearest FBO, there is Sherburn-in-Elmet, York Flying School at Breighton airfield and PTT at Leeds Bradford. All have their differences in courses and prices.

If you want to go commercial I suggest you look at PTT at LBA.

I have heard this as well. Breighton is also a nice place with several vintage aircraft. Although, I'm biassed.

Can't think why you may be biassed ;)

BNL22
10th Jun 2016, 10:31
Aye I'm going to ring them and see when they're quiet enough for me to have a visit to get all the relevant info. Regarding going commercial, it's something I have considered and wanted to do since a little kid, but I'm not as up to date on how much pilots are in demand these days (as well as funding the license for it!)

squidie
10th Jun 2016, 11:38
PTT have introductory to aviation meets some evenings (Free Introductory Aviation Evenings (http://www.multiflight.com/flight-training/free-introductory-aviation-evenings/)) check their plans for that.

flybymike
10th Jun 2016, 15:07
but I'm not as up to date on how much pilots are in demand these days (as well as funding the license for it!)

No matter how much or little the demand when you commence your training, the opposite will be the case when you qualify;)

ak7274
10th Jun 2016, 17:34
There is also Full Sutton and Sandtoft.

A le Ron
11th Jun 2016, 10:26
Sherburn can take you all the way from PPL to CPL/MEP/IR and has a good track record of placing airline pilots. It is also extremely friendly and supportive, wi excellent facilities. Feel free to message me and I will happily show you around and introduce you to the CFI who can tell you everything you need to know.