PDA

View Full Version : What to do near London - 29th June

knobbygb
28th Jun 2002, 14:13
Right, I'm stuck in London for 24 hours (working away from home:( ) but am free all day tomorrow.:cool:

What's going on, PPL related, to keep me busy for a few hours tomorrow (Saturday 29th June)? Any fly-ins or other stuff I might find interesting?

For those who don't know, I'm a trainee PPL (based up north), but just want somthing interesting to watch - not bothered about actually going up or anything.

I'm based in South London and will be driving - any of the airfields around the M25 would be OK - I think Redhill is the nearest/easiest, but I'm not sure of the geography south of the Watford gap ;)

Sorry, I know I could research this on the web quite easily but I have about an hour before I leave work and need to decide now.

Thanks for any help.

knobbygb
28th Jun 2002, 15:48
Thanks for the help everyone - looks like it's a day in soho then;)

undertheweather
28th Jun 2002, 15:57
Afraid I don't know of any events happening - haven't got my copy of Pilot handy, but why not go to the RAF Museum at Hendon?

Alternatively, go to WH Smiths and sneak a furtive look at the 'What's on' pages of Pilot Magazine?

LowNSlow
28th Jun 2002, 21:37
Get the train from Victoria to Gatwick and meet some Ppruners for a pre-Bash drink. See the thread in bashes for directions. Maybe see you there :t