PDA

View Full Version : Shiny new licence

M52
6th Jun 2016, 12:40
I've just added a class rating to my EASA SEP PPL. Examiner has signed my licence and just sent all the paperwork off to CAA. Just wondering if CAA automatically send out a fresh licence with the rating printed on when they process the paperwork. Only asking because my existing piece of paper is getting a bit dog eared...

Mustapha Cuppa
6th Jun 2016, 12:58
I'm curious as to why the examiner signed your licence to add a class rating. I was unaware an examiner could do this.

S-Works
6th Jun 2016, 14:49
The examiner should not have signed your licence to add a rating. Only the CAA can do that. He could have issued you with an SRG1100 to allow you to exercise the privileges of the rating until the CAA issue the new licence with the rating on it......

Martin_123
6th Jun 2016, 19:33
hmm, maybe it's a new EASA thing? I have my Irish EASA licence which is valid forever as long as the examiner keeps signing it every two years and sends a slip of paper to IAA when done

S-Works
6th Jun 2016, 19:46
Hmmmm, nothing to do with the original question I think. OP says they have added a rating not revalidated.

If it was just a revalidation then it's as you say valid for life and signed every two years until full. When full you pay for a new one or get extension pages.

Martin_123
6th Jun 2016, 21:43
bose-x can you honestly say you understand the original question? All I gathered is -our lad already has EASA SEP PPL, he added a new rating, we don't really know what it was that was added and now our OP wonders if he get's a new licence? Probably not, I'm sure whatever examiner did, he probably knows what he was doing and there's no point guessing ..

S-Works
7th Jun 2016, 07:21
Nope, I don't think the original question was clear. Speaking as an examiner I gave feedback on the two angles of question that I picked up. Perhaps the OP will return and shed further light.

squidie
9th Jun 2016, 21:43
I’m sure the guy means the instructor has signed off the paper work?