PDA

View Full Version : how to pay

Pilot16
28th Jun 2002, 11:49
Hi!

I need to know how to make paymnts for my PPL course next month,

so how do u exactly pay? in chunks? or each day after completing the hours?

I aint very rich, my dad will be sorting me out and he has very little, i mean VERY little knowledge on aviation so I have to explan things to him b4 i commence on training...I would be greatful if any one could kindly explain to me how I will be paying.

Thanks very much.

BRL
28th Jun 2002, 11:51
Pay as you go, its that simple. Dont ever pay the lot up front........Look for a deal for block bookings but dont pay a large amount in one go. No more than say £1000 a time......

enq
28th Jun 2002, 12:05
I quite agree with BRL.

The school I learnt with offered discounts for largish up front payments but seemed unable to administer either the account or the discounts satisfactorily (and for my part I couldn't work out the position either).

On a less technical note you may not be happy with your initial choice of flying school or instructor and so payment up front may bind you into a situation that you would rather change.

One further point is that using a credit card to pay for lessons is the best method - there are certain safeguards and insurances that automatically come with these payment methods & if it's your dad's then the school should be able to take the card details without him actually being present (and he gets a bit longer to pay).

Happy learning.

Pilot16
28th Jun 2002, 13:46
thanks very much for the help.

So i can give my dads card details for payment everytime take the lessons without him being here?

that would be cool because I live quite far from the flyingclub.

btw, Im 16, does that still apply? :rolleyes:

sennadog
28th Jun 2002, 13:51
I'd say the same as the other guys here. Use a Visa Card (in this case your father's) and protect your investment in the unlikely event something goes wrong, pay in chunks of circa £1k per time and don't forget to say a big thanks to your old man for funding your dreams. If he comes in every 10 hours or so to pay the club he'll get to see how you are getting on as well.:)

Pilot16
28th Jun 2002, 13:54
oh and another thing,

can anyone please kindly confirm for me if this is the correct number to call for an appointment with a caa doctor at gatwick:

01293 567171

i need to take a cass 2 medical.

thanks very much :)

Evo7
28th Jun 2002, 13:55
Easiest way is probably for him to get you a second card on his account - I used to have one 'in case of emergency' when I was 17, so I presume it is still possible (you cannot have your own until you're 18, as I'm sure you know). My dad didn't allow me to use it for flying lessons though... :rolleyes: :)

Evo7
28th Jun 2002, 14:00
You don't need to do the Class-2 at Gatwick, only (I think) the initial Class-1. Look here (http://www.caa.co.uk/srg/med/ame/amesearch.asp) for options for the medical....

Pilot16
28th Jun 2002, 16:50
thanks,

i think gatwick would be closer,

I booked an appointment wednesday, i must
say the CAA staff were very friendly.

tacpot
29th Jun 2002, 16:19
That's because they think you are a wallet on legs :D