PDA

View Full Version : wondering about Glider Towing Reqs...

PB4
28th Jun 2002, 11:32
Hey you all'

could anyone indicate me on the reqs by CAA (or JAA) for glider towing here in uk ?

Thanks...

Cayambe
28th Jun 2002, 13:28
Great question PB4.

Without wishing to hijack your topic I was wondering how I would go about being a weekend "tuggie" at a club. I have about 200 hours power plus 200 gliding although I haven't glid for 10 years now.

Centralize
28th Jun 2002, 13:41
Its a bit wooly, and I dont even think there are any formal minima, but suggest you go to British Gliding Association website and buy a copy of 'Guide to tug operating procedures' which is full of good stuff

For me it was qualified on type, Bronze C in current gliding practice and 6 dual tows, but believe other clubs have different rules.

PB4
28th Jun 2002, 15:10
Cool !!! so that means that I can go and convert my ICAO licence and kick the door of the closest gliding club saying : "hi, you don't know me but I'm gonna tow you to the evens !!"

Ok Ok, maybe too enthousiastic, but novadays you dream about such an easy way to fly...

I have 60hrs gliding time and 40hrs on C152... very little experience.. I guess I'll be taking a few hours to accomodate to the uk way of flying.. and maybe glide a little bit before jumping in the Pawnee...

Thanks though...