PDA

View Full Version : Flexjet Europe starts up

Pages : [1] 2

Son of a Beech
29th May 2016, 18:58
I guess it's official now, althoug I'm not sure how they will compete with Netjet's 100+ European aircraft with 8 Nextant 400Xti

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-n...n-ops

Question is: Which European airline will they buy?

Delta12
30th May 2016, 07:23
Did they not try before already ?

Son of a Beech
30th May 2016, 07:28
Flexjet before was owned by bombardier. They tried for a short time I Europe as well. The company was then sold to a private investor who also in the USA bought flight options and now they want to try Europe again and with their own words compete with netjets.

Global_Global
30th May 2016, 10:50
The worst aircraft Netjets ever flew was the Hawker 400XP and the new competitor is flying a updated second-hand version of that aircraft? They have to be veeerrrryyy cheap to compete with a new Phenom300. :8

wondering
31st May 2016, 09:48
Downsizing in the US and trying for a second time in Europe. Doesn´t sound very promising. Anyhow, very curious which company will be Flexjet´s partner. I can only think of a handful flying Beechjets/Nextants based mainly in Eastern Europe.

maxed-out
31st May 2016, 13:00
Why does the operator being bought need to operate an existing Nextant fleet to make it viable? You're looking too far East wondering.

wondering
31st May 2016, 19:40
Right. I somehow read too much between the lines. The article just mentiones any AOC.

keebird
14th Jun 2016, 08:15
If FlexJet operate VistaJet's American flights, perhaps VistaJet will operate FlexJet's European flights?
Vistajet's American partner is Jet Aviation and unrelated to Flexjet/FlightOptions/Onesky.

Fried_Chicken
3rd Aug 2016, 18:31
Question is: Which European airline will they buy?

Flairjet

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/business-aviation/2016-08-03/flexjet-buys-uk-based-flairjet-euro-expansion-bid

FC

mutt
5th Aug 2016, 14:50
Interesting, are there that many Hawker 400 pilots in Europe?

Son of a Beech
8th Aug 2016, 19:33
There where some ex NJE pilots that got fired (France and Belgium) but doubtful if they are still jobless. Then again a hawker/beech 400 rating takes 2 weeks at FSI Farnborough

dreamlinerguy
12th Aug 2016, 10:46
Interesting, are there that many Hawker 400 pilots in Europe?

There's about 6 of us in the uk.

There where some ex NJE pilots that got fired (France and Belgium) but doubtful if they are still jobless. Then again a hawker/beech 400 rating takes 2 weeks at FSI Farnborough

Rating takes 3 weeks, did it about 18 months ago

Son of a Beech
12th Aug 2016, 18:29
Rating takes 3 weeks, did it about 18 months ago
2 weeks, 3 weeks. Potato, potato. The point is it doesn't take months or years to train a Beech 400 pilot.

Dan_Brown
14th Aug 2016, 23:43
Ah the Hawker 400. Is that the one that is known as the rice rocket, in some parts??

fairflyer
15th Aug 2016, 12:03
It's basically a jazzed-up Mitsubishi Diamond so a 38 year old platform with new engines and new avionics - nothing really wrong with that, worked for the Hawker 125 for 50 years.

However, pitched against say a Phenom 300, its decades apart in design terms.

CL300
15th Aug 2016, 14:42
and a BFL of a 747...NOt talking about the LDR...Space shuttle was the only competitor..

dreamlinerguy
17th Aug 2016, 14:53
Potato Patato... Very few type ratings take longer than 3-4 weeks.... So what was your point?

Son of a Beech
17th Aug 2016, 23:15
Potato Patato... Very few type ratings take longer than 3-4 weeks.... So what was your point?

That it isn't the worlds greatest crisis that there aren't that many rated and unemployed beech/Nextant 400 pilots in Europe.

dreamlinerguy
18th Aug 2016, 17:06
Very true, i'd assume they'll send crew to Dallas to do the Nextant 400 initial, or differences course anyways. Be interesting hearing more about this as it develops

Old Boeing Driver
19th Aug 2016, 00:34
I thought the MU-2 was dubbed the Rice Rocket. Maybe the "M" model?

Dan_Brown
19th Aug 2016, 08:27
Yes I stand corrected. I think my memory is deteriorating. Sorry, what was the question?

Fried_Chicken
28th Dec 2017, 13:01
Are Flexjet Europe still expected to introduce the Legacy600 early 2018 or has that plan fallen by the wayside?

The three Nextant400s seem to be fairly busy although I'm sure I read at the time they expected to have between 6-10 aircraft on strength by now?

FC

Fried_Chicken
15th May 2019, 15:18
It looks like the first Legacy has arrived in Europe and is currently being operated on Sirio's AOC but may be UK based, it's been doing customer demo's all day out of Birmingham, UK.

FC

Arti
27th Jul 2019, 11:36
Flexjet Europe is hiring FOs and CPTs for Nextant and Legacy in Europe. I applied and got my interview scheduled for next week.

OvercloudsPullUp
28th Jul 2019, 07:43
Thanks Arti, for sharing! I just applied.

She is the person in charge for hiring process for Flexjet Europe. She already replied me! They are looking for many captains and FO. Looks like many airplanes has arrived and will arrive more!
I saw that Flexjet is part of one of the biggest group in U.S.
those guys don't joke at all.

Cheers

EatMyShorts!
28th Jul 2019, 11:17
Oh dear, cheap propaganda...

breakdip
29th Jul 2019, 08:30
Oh dear, cheap propaganda...

https://flexjet-europe.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&hashed=-626007955

When scrolling through several (independent) news items related to Flexjet it seems pretty legit. However, I am not an insider of the business. Perhaps you have some more information to share with us? (Besides these 'new' users trying to bump up an old post ;)).

EatMyShorts!
29th Jul 2019, 09:39
Of course they are offering jobs, that's great for people looking for work. But as you wrote, this new user "OvercloudsPullUp" smells like someone from Flexjet's propagande-department. I guess nobody is falling for it, I just wanted to flag it. And we all know who's the biggest company offering fractional ownership. It's not Flexjet, by far.

Klimax
29th Jul 2019, 10:55
Thanks Arti, for sharing! I just applied.

She is the person in charge for hiring process for Flexjet Europe. She already replied me! They are looking for many captains and FO. Looks like many airplanes has arrived and will arrive more!
I saw that Flexjet is part of one of the biggest group in U.S.
those guys don't joke at all.

Cheers

Trolling around. I can smell a crap from afar - and this on stinks.

Jaydee27
29th Jul 2019, 13:28
Possibly trolling - but as somebody on the inside, recruitment is being managed and administered in the UK and neither of those posts look to be from native speakers.

theboeingpilot
29th Jul 2019, 18:26
Worth an application to see what the story is or a waste of time? From a guy trying to get back to Europe

OvercloudsPullUp
30th Jul 2019, 06:25
Worth an application to see what the story is or a waste of time? From a guy trying to get back to Europe

I did it, I have no high chance due to my CV but you never know
I had look around and there are many post about it in Linkedin as well

AeroplaneCPT
31st Jul 2019, 12:30
I'm applying too. Hopefully will get a a call back. PM me since we have a couple NJE guys trolling.

=============================

Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls.

Twin_Otter
31st Jul 2019, 16:08
Anyone have any idea on T&C's on offer? The advert is pretty vague :suspect:

wondering
1st Aug 2019, 09:00
Flexjet Europe:

FlairJet, Flexjet Europe pilot jobs news for airline pilots and aviation schools (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/FlairJet,_Flexjet_Europe)

Flexjet US:

FlexJet pilot jobs news for airline pilots and aviation schools (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/FlexJet)

I am sure you can do the math. Flexjet Europe is a far cry from Flexjet US. Unless something has changed recently.

Twin_Otter
1st Aug 2019, 12:22
Ahh, doesn't look that great then in comparison to NJE and even Vistajet

AeroplaneCPT
1st Aug 2019, 19:09
The post from wondering seems to show information that is from Bombardier days. Checked APC and the rates are much different and even higher than NJA. Does anyone have authorisation to approve me to post that link so we can compare here?

==========================

Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls.

Arti
1st Aug 2019, 20:27
They search for Nextant CPTs and FOs

Twin_Otter
1st Aug 2019, 23:54
The post from wondering seems to show information that is from Bombardier days. Checked APC and the rates are much different and even higher than NJA. Does anyone have authorisation to approve me to post that link so we can compare here?

==========================

I doubt they would be offering $100k to an F/O to fly a Nextant. :hmm:

If they are sign me up! :ok::ok::ok:

wondering
2nd Aug 2019, 12:03
Flexjet US is certainly even more than stated on ppjn. The numbers for Flexjet/Sirio UK are correct. When you go for the interview, why not mention the 'Red Label' pilot pay at Flexjet US :p

https://www.flexjet.com/press/flexjet-increases-red-label-pilot-salaries-making-industrys-highest-paid/

OvercloudsPullUp
6th Aug 2019, 14:38
My f/o CV was refused , but my colleague which applied to Flexjet Europe with me as cpt he went for interview in Birmingham and he just got a call for go to Farnborough....SIM on 560xls for final pilot skills test.

I guess there is no SIM in Europe for Nextant 400XTi ?

Looks like commander salary is around 75/80K + per diem

Lucky him.

Jaydee27
6th Aug 2019, 18:51
Don't think there's an XLS sim at FSI in Farnborough either!

Arthur1815
6th Aug 2019, 19:55
XL.........

EatMyShorts!
6th Aug 2019, 21:21
Looks like commander salary is around 75/80K + per diem

Lucky him.
Lucky him?

Arti
7th Aug 2019, 09:22
Selection process includes SIM session in Farnborough FSI on Citation XLS, Learjet 40 or similar. This is a great tip! :ok:

Arti
7th Aug 2019, 12:26
Citation XLS

EatMyShorts!
7th Aug 2019, 21:11
Again: there is NO Citation XLS simulator in Farnborough, it's just a veeeeeeeeeery old Citation XL simulator.

Jaydee27
8th Aug 2019, 04:43
CAE Burgess Hill...

Daddy Fantastic
8th Aug 2019, 07:36
I had a telephone interview with them and was told they are reviewing their salary package for both FO and captain. I was not given exact figures but was led to believe that an FO will at the very easy make 60 - 70K in Euros in their first year and possibly even higher, captains will be over 100K their first year.

As for the interview, quite straight forward talking about yourself, your understanding of corporate aviation and FlexJet. Understanding corporate aviation as opposed to airline flying is very important to them , cant emphasise that enough.

TMAAT Questions (Tell me about a time) and your career goals and whats important to you. Pretty straight forward really.

As for future plans they are definitely expanding with some pretty big goals in mind along with an increase in fleet size and aircraft size.

no nonsense
9th Aug 2019, 14:30
Would anyone be willing to share the contract terms ? (salary/roster/etc..)

Thanks

Twin_Otter
15th Aug 2019, 11:36
Would anyone be willing to share the contract terms ? (salary/roster/etc..)

Thanks

​​​​​​From what I've heard PPJN is correct. Not sure if it's going to improve

Twin_Otter
15th Aug 2019, 13:19
I'm only going off what I've been told by people working there.

Arti
21st Aug 2019, 18:09
They have the so called "red label" program, basically a career path, where a pilot will be chosen to lead a specific airplane and that one only, and a team of 4 more captains. The choice will be done based on merits and is a big recognition as they will fly with the most important customers and have some special benefits like doing their own roster. According to the company's preferences, seems like all the aircraft which are taking part of the red label program will belong to the Gulfstream family.

Twin_Otter
21st Aug 2019, 18:14
Is this happening in Europe though? They have a pretty small operation at the moment.

topaky
22nd Aug 2019, 19:45
Flexjet Europe is hiring FOs and CPTs for Nextant and Legacy in Europe. I applied and got my interview scheduled for next week.

How did the interview go? Any info you can share about their plans, contracts and intreview process?

tomuchwork
22nd Aug 2019, 23:45
2 weeks, 3 weeks. Potato, potato. The point is it doesn't take months or years to train a Beech 400 pilot.

How long does it take to train a Boeing(737/757/767/787/747) pilot to train on antique aircraft(except the 787 maybe, do not know that one, but the 737/NG/MAX most certainly belong to that class)? Or Airbus, Bombardier, Jungle Jet(known also as Embraer)? Exactly, MAXIMUM 5 weeks. So what is your point here? Learning to "drive" a certain jet does not take very long, especially the more experienced pilots among us.

Which aircraft takes YEARS to master in your humble opinion? A blackbird? Even that one did not take that long....

So or so. It sounds interesting. But I am SO done with that GA BS that for sure I do not fall for that one anymore. "Red label" crap is just another way to catch another wave of blind believers. Happy with my 5/4 airline roster and do not want to hear any of this GA lies anymore....

Dan_Brown
23rd Aug 2019, 08:29
The Military used to run OCU courses for transports taking 6 months or more. Yes you needed to know how to build the thing.

Sanity prevailed when the 747 arrived on the seen. The consensus among the experts was ground school max time was 10 days. Beyond that time the learning curve dropped off markedly. It was on a need to know thinking. The sim was really getting the exercises ticked off when proficient. K.I.S!.

Son of a Beech
23rd Aug 2019, 18:58
How long does it take to train a Boeing(737/757/767 (tel:737/757/767)/787/747) pilot to train on antique aircraft(except the 787 maybe, do not know that one, but the 737/NG/MAX most certainly belong to that class)? Or Airbus, Bombardier, Jungle Jet(known also as Embraer)? Exactly, MAXIMUM 5 weeks. So what is your point here? Learning to "drive" a certain jet does not take very long, especially the more experienced pilots among us.

Which aircraft takes YEARS to master in your humble opinion? A blackbird? Even that one did not take that long....

So or so. It sounds interesting. But I am SO done with that GA BS that for sure I do not fall for that one anymore. "Red label" crap is just another way to catch another wave of blind believers. Happy with my 5/4 airline roster and do not want to hear any of this GA lies anymore....

My point was that dreamlinerguy was splitting peas if it would take 2 or 3 weeks for a typerating while the general point was that a new typerating course doesn’t take long and that the unavailability of typerated pilots shouldn't be hindering for starting up a for a new operator.

Please read all the posts before commenting something that was explained already

Thepirate
24th Aug 2019, 09:52
But what’s the roster/rotation they offer?

Flyer_123
24th Aug 2019, 10:20
On linkedin it was stated 7/5, from them directly I got info 6/4 in summer and 6/5 in winter...bit confusing

Daddy Fantastic
25th Aug 2019, 10:22
I interviewed there recently. I did the sim first on a Citation XLS I think, cant remember but it was one of those smaller corporate jets. They do not give you a profile before you arrive but give a fairly thorough briefing before you go to the sim. A bit of a funky aircraft but was fun to fly. My sim and my partners went well, we were both pretty accurate on what we did.

The day started off with us showing up at 8.15am, meeting the HR lady Sarah and another line captain who talked to us about the company, day to day issues and answered any questions we had. The final salary for both CA and FO is still in negotiation but was told it will be finalised this coming week and would be told how much.

After the sim we had about a 30 min break to have a drink of water and some lunch which they paid for, rather nice of them and made us feel welcome and relaxed all day.

Then we had the face to face interview, took us one at a time for about an hour each. All in all the day was about 6 hours long for 2 candidates to be interviewed and completed. We were bone by 2.30pm

Face to face was about getting to know you and how you think, what are your priorities in aviation, putting the customer first, safety and some tech questions like approach ban, fuel requirements, gen failures and how you have dealt with bad situations in the past and your understanding of corporate aviation.

The sim consists of a climb out, clean up at acceleration altitude, get to 4000, steep turns, climb and descend at 1000fpm and 200 knots, an ILS and a V1 Cut. Really not as bad as it sounds and they are very understanding, know you have not flown that plane and make it clear they are not looking for IFR TEST STANDARD but they do expect you to identify mistakes and correct them.

Like any other sim assessment, can this guy be trained and does he learn from mistakes, is there progress etc? The rotation is 7 on and 5 off with travel on day 1 and 7, never on your off days, so basically 6 nights away and 6 nights at home if you include day 7 which is your go home day.

Overall I think it is a very fair interview and they are straight forward and honest with you.

191sos
25th Aug 2019, 11:11
I interviewed there recently. I did the sim first on a Citation XLS I think, cant remember but it was one of those smaller corporate jets. They do not give you a profile before you arrive but give a fairly thorough briefing before you go to the sim. A bit of a funky aircraft but was fun to fly. My sim and my partners went well, we were both pretty accurate on what we did.

The day started off with us showing up at 8.15am, meeting the HR lady Sarah and another line captain who talked to us about the company, day to day issues and answered any questions we had. The final salary for both CA and FO is still in negotiation but was told it will be finalised this coming week and would be told how much.

After the sim we had about a 30 min break to have a drink of water and some lunch which they paid for, rather nice of them and made us feel welcome and relaxed all day.

Then we had the face to face interview, took us one at a time for about an hour each. All in all the day was about 6 hours long for 2 candidates to be interviewed and completed. We were bone by 2.30pm

Face to face was about getting to know you and how you think, what are your priorities in aviation, putting the customer first, safety and some tech questions like approach ban, fuel requirements, gen failures and how you have dealt with bad situations in the past and your understanding of corporate aviation.

The sim consists of a climb out, clean up at acceleration altitude, get to 4000, steep turns, climb and descend at 1000fpm and 200 knots, an ILS and a V1 Cut. Really not as bad as it sounds and they are very understanding, know you have not flown that plane and make it clear they are not looking for IFR TEST STANDARD but they do expect you to identify mistakes and correct them.

Like any other sim assessment, can this guy be trained and does he learn from mistakes, is there progress etc? The rotation is 7 on and 5 off with travel on day 1 and 7, never on your off days, so basically 6 nights away and 6 nights at home if you include day 7 which is your go home day.

Overall I think it is a very fair interview and they are straight forward and honest with you.

Thank you for your feedback Daddy Fantastic and good luck! May I ask where did the interview take place?

Mister
25th Aug 2019, 12:36

Very good feedback, thanks a lot.

Is the sim for Captains flown raw data or with the flight directors on?.

Thanks again and have a great day.

KR.

Twin_Otter
25th Aug 2019, 12:40
Is it only for the Nextant or can you go direct entry onto the Legacy?

Really great feedback, thanks for sharing! :ok:

Mister
25th Aug 2019, 14:42
I was told last week on the phone interview that now they are recruiting mainly for the Nextants but there might be a few slots for the Legacy.

Also they spoke about the possibility of G650s coming in the near future and the Red Label program subjected to individuals performance and merits.

Dont shoot the messenger :8

KR.

Daddy Fantastic
25th Aug 2019, 15:42
Thank you for your feedback Daddy Fantastic and good luck! May I ask where did the interview take place?
Burgess Hill at CAE

Daddy Fantastic
25th Aug 2019, 15:50
Very good feedback, thanks a lot.

Is the sim for Captains flown raw data or with the flight directors on?.

Thanks again and have a great day.

KR.

It is raw data for both FO and CA, no FD or autothrottle...think Cessna 172 with jet engines strapped to it. In clean level flight 48% to 50% N1 works well and even for configuring.

Keep those power settings and just let the speed bleed from 180 clean to 160 at F15, then gear down and full flap gives you 140 knots, no other settings and no other power changes in level flight. Once you intercept the GS just adjust accordingly, really easy.

I believe 70% in climb at about 10 degrees gives you 200 knot and 1000 FPM but could be as high as 80% but it is in that range.

My advice would be fly it like the jet you currently fly using your procedures and adapt to these power settings and you will sail thru.

Thats really it, no big tricks

Daddy Fantastic
25th Aug 2019, 15:51
I was told last week on the phone interview that now they are recruiting mainly for the Nextants but there might be a few slots for the Legacy.

Also they spoke about the possibility of G650s coming in the near future and the Red Label program subjected to individuals performance and merits.

Dont shoot the messenger :8

KR.

Thats the plan and its confirmed in the interview.

Daddy Fantastic
25th Aug 2019, 16:01
Is it only for the Nextant or can you go direct entry onto the Legacy?

Really great feedback, thanks for sharing! :ok:

About 95% sure you will get the Nextant but there is a small possibility for the Legacy however I would say unlikely unless you have Legacy experience or they really feel they need you there now.

The CA I spoke to about the Nextant says its a blast and they are getting a lot of time off, looking at 30 to 40 hours a month which for a guy like me who does not need to hour build is perfect.

If jet hours are your thing and you suffer from SJS and are looking to be an Emirates 777 CA then join Ryanair and do 900 hours a year and eventually get into Emirates.

If you are looking for quality of life and dont feel the need to retire with 25000 hours like me then go for it. They are expanding and I can guarantee for sure they will be getting a bigger and better fleet over the next few years including the Embraer Praetor and Gulfstream aircraft.

Jaydee27
25th Aug 2019, 17:20
Bearing in mind there have only been two candidates interviewed at CAE under this process, I would question the wisdom of such a thorough brief being posted to an open forum.

Mister
25th Aug 2019, 21:30
It is raw data for both FO and CA, no FD or autothrottle...think Cessna 172 with jet engines strapped to it. In clean level flight 48% to 50% N1 works well and even for configuring.

Keep those power settings and just let the speed bleed from 180 clean to 160 at F15, then gear down and full flap gives you 140 knots, no other settings and no other power changes in level flight. Once you intercept the GS just adjust accordingly, really easy.

I believe 70% in climb at about 10 degrees gives you 200 knot and 1000 FPM but could be as high as 80% but it is in that range.

My advice would be fly it like the jet you currently fly using your procedures and adapt to these power settings and you will sail thru.

Thats really it, no big tricks

Thanks a lot again. You are very kind.

All the best.

KR.

FLYL
26th Aug 2019, 11:00
Hi guys,
do you know if Flexjet applies any bond for successful applicants type rating?

Thank you

Mister
26th Aug 2019, 11:31
Hi there,

I was told there is no bond at all.

KR.

FLYL
26th Aug 2019, 12:09
Hi there,

I was told there is no bond at all.

KR.

Thank you!

capt.sparrow
29th Aug 2019, 18:01
Bearing in mind there have only been two candidates interviewed at CAE under this process, I would question the wisdom of such a thorough brief being posted to an open forum.

It's hardly insider information really is it! It's exactly what you'd expect from a SIM assessment. If you're not any good at these basics the brief isn't going to help anyway.

Delta12
29th Aug 2019, 20:23
How can a piece of **** aircraft like the H400 become a blast all of a sudden ?
I do not get why they did not pick a good jet (like Lear 35 etc etc) and retrofit it... Why pick a jet that was ****e from the beginning ? :rolleyes:
Because its extremely cheap ?

733driver
29th Aug 2019, 21:26
How can a piece of **** aircraft like the H400 become a blast all of a sudden ?
I do not get why they did not pick a good jet (like Lear 35 etc etc) and retrofit it... Why pick a jet that was ****e from the beginning ? :rolleyes:
Because its extremely cheap ?

What exactly makes it a POS aircraft in your estimation? I found it to be a solid little jet back when I flew it.

733driver
29th Aug 2019, 21:30
Regardless of the choice of aircraft: Am I the only one to question the timing of this Flexjet Europe relaunch? It looks to me like the next recession is fairly imminent. I for one would launch a new offering in the early days of a strong economy, and not when the downturn is just a question of "will it happen this year or next?".

CaptainProp
30th Aug 2019, 12:28
Regardless of the choice of aircraft: Am I the only one to question the timing of this Flexjet Europe relaunch? It looks to me like the next recession is fairly imminent. I for one would launch a new offering in the early days of a strong economy, and not when the downturn is just a question of "will it happen this year or next?".

Recession? Really? I don’t see that happening any time soon. What do you base that on?

CP

EatMyShorts!
30th Aug 2019, 13:40
CaptainProp Germany will be in a recession in Q3 of 2019. And most likely there will be a hard Brexit, as the clown from the Thames has taken control of it. France is not doing great, either. Don't let me start talking about Italy.

I don't find the timing of Flexjet Europe's re-launch very well thought out, they are 4 or 5 years late. I hope they will not become another Jet Republic (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_Republic).

733driver
30th Aug 2019, 13:41
Recession? Really? I don’t see that happening any time soon. What do you base that on?

CP

There is a lot of uncertainty in the world. Trade wars, Trump vs Iran and Brexit to name just three. Anyone of these going badly can easily be the catalyst for a recession. Germany had two quarters of negative growth and it's supposed to be one of the motors of the European economy. A hard brexit will harm Germany's and other EU countries' economies and will harm the UK's even more. Furthermore the ECB interest rate is already zero so no way for the ECB to lower the rate to counter a recession.

Things in the US look a bit better for the time being but it's a globalised economy and the US is not immune to the above. Also, not many saw the last recession coming either. I'm no expert and obviously can't predict the future, just like the experts can't either, but I think it's more likely than not that within the next 18 months or so the economy will turn sour at least in Europe .

Daddy Fantastic
30th Aug 2019, 16:26
There maybe another downturn again but we are hardly looking at another 1929 or 2009 financial crash again!!

Europe still has not fully recovered from 2009 crash but banking systems all over the world have put protections in place which they did not have last time.

So yes, the global economy ebbs and flows but I personally do not believe any downturn that might be on the way will be disastrous!

EatMyShorts!
30th Aug 2019, 22:44
There maybe another downturn again but we are hardly looking at another 1929 or 2009 financial crash again!!Correct. It will be even worse than 2009. As 733driver mentioned, the interest rate is already at 0% - there's no more way to help out this time. I hope it will be not that bad.

LGW Vulture
31st Aug 2019, 08:12
Given that Flexjet and Nextant are borne of the same Owners, isnt it obvious why the 400XTI was chosen?

Proline21
31st Aug 2019, 08:40
I don't see why they come again NOW and why Europe needs another player when the charter rates are down and all companies are fighting to survive.
From my understanding they are positioning themselves as a premium company and use 2nd hand retrofitted Legacy 600s and some sort of recycled Beech 400s as Nextants? I don't get the conecpt yet.

CaptainProp
31st Aug 2019, 14:00
CaptainPropGermany will be in a recession in Q3 of 2019. And most likely there will be a hard Brexit, as the clown from the Thames has taken control of it. France is not doing great, either. Don't let me start talking about Italy.

I don't find the timing of Flexjet Europe's re-launch very well thought out, they are 4 or 5 years late. I hope they will not become another Jet Republic (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_Republic).

Germany will NOT be “in a recession in Q3 2019”. That’s simply not correct and not realistic.

The IMF is even predicting increased growth in Germany for 2020 compared to 2019.

https://www.imf.org/en/News/Articles/2019/07/09/na07092019-five-takeaways-from-germanys-economic-outlook

Yes there is a lot of uncertainty in the world, especially in the Middle East, but Saudi and OPEC is and will continue using oil price / production much in the way the banks have been using interest rate to stimulate the economies in the world. They need to sell oil and don’t want the “west” to go in to a recession.

As far as US / China relationships go Trump’s little trade war is all good and helps him pushing his agenda. But once this starts biting him in the @ss in the form of declining US economical numbers he will make deals with China again and all will be forgotten. A US strong US economy is what’s keeping him in the Whitehouse, and he knows it.

“Europe and Central Asia: Regional growth is expected to firm to 2.7% in 2020 from a four-year low of 1.6% this year as Turkey recovers from an acute slowdown. Excluding Turkey, regional growth is expected to grow 2.6% in 2020, slightly up from 2.4% this year, with modest growth in domestic demand and a small drag from net exports. In Central Europe, fiscal stimulus and the resulting boost to private consumption will begin to fade in some of the subregion’s largest economies next year, while growth is expected to modestly recovery to 2.7% in Eastern Europe and moderate to 4% in Central Asia. Growth in the Western Balkans is anticipated to rise to 3.8% in 2020.”

https://www.worldbank.org/en/news/press-release/2019/06/04/global-growth-to-weaken-to-26-in-2019-substantial-risks-seen

CP

CaptainProp
31st Aug 2019, 14:12
Having said all that, of course the risks are big. The local European economy, as well as the wider global economy, is very fragile and doesn’t respond well to all this uncertainty, be it Brexit, the financial and political state of some European countries or the regional issues in for example the ME. Having said that, I‘m optimistic and I hope and think that we will find solutions and over time strengthen the economy in Europe moving forward beyond Brexit.

CP

EatMyShorts!
31st Aug 2019, 18:33
Hey CaptainProp,

https://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/soziales/deutschland-bundeskanzleramt-rechnet-mit-rezession-a-1283303.html

Die Wirtschaftsexperten von Bundeskanzlerin Merkel gehen nach SPIEGEL-Informationen von einem Minuswachstum im dritten Quartal aus. Damit wäre Deutschland offiziell in der Rezession.
This is from the German news magazine "Spiegel Online" and it basically says that the government expects Q3 2019 to be negative, which officially makes Germany go into a recession. Hopefully just a small one.

Daddy Fantastic
1st Sep 2019, 11:18
Correct. It will be even worse than 2009. As 733driver mentioned, the interest rate is already at 0% - there's no more way to help out this time. I hope it will be not that bad.

No it wont be anything like 2009. A lot of safety procedures have been put in place, your dreaming if you think otherwise!!

EatMyShorts!
1st Sep 2019, 21:27
LOL I like your sarcasm!

Daddy Fantastic
2nd Sep 2019, 06:29
LOL I like your sarcasm!

Well let’s agree to disagree shall we?

Delta12
3rd Sep 2019, 07:18
Hey CaptainProp,

https://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/soziales/deutschland-bundeskanzleramt-rechnet-mit-rezession-a-1283303.html

This is from the German news magazine "Spiegel Online" and it basically says that the government expects Q3 2019 to be negative, which officially makes Germany go into a recession. Hopefully just a small one.

The ‚lefty‘ Magazine :ugh:

733driver
3rd Sep 2019, 07:59
The ‚lefty‘ Magazine :ugh:

Facts are facts regardless of who reports them.

The Telegraph, the FT and the Economist all reported along the same lines amongst many other outlets

Boabity
3rd Sep 2019, 12:45
No it wont be anything like 2009. A lot of safety procedures have been put in place,
You do of course realise that it was very much the fault of the original safety measures in place at the time that we had the crash in 08/09?

Above The Clouds
6th Sep 2019, 16:10

Some good feedback given here; has anyone found out an accurate salary for CPT and FO yet and what types they are recruiting for in Europe. I have heard Legacy 600 and Learjet 75 in the near future, what about types of contract in Europe for taxation purposes ?

Proline21
6th Sep 2019, 21:18
Heard that some of the first bunch of Legacy Pilots for the Legacy are Italian ex Military pilots... I understand that Sirio based in Italy is the AOC holder for the Legacy Ops

Vikingfly
10th Sep 2019, 03:02
Any news on the upcoming revised salary package?

IFLYyouBREATH
10th Sep 2019, 10:58
Anyone got called for the assessment in Paris?

TinFoilhat2
10th Sep 2019, 11:14
I got offered the job but am still unaware of the salary package!

Vikingfly
10th Sep 2019, 11:49
Anyone got called for the assessment in Paris?

No, not yet, but hoping for a date soon. Wish you good luck. I just did the phone interview. How long did it take from the phone interview to the sim assessment?

IFLYyouBREATH
10th Sep 2019, 11:50
No, not yet, but hoping for a date soon. Wish you good luck. I just did the phone interview. How long did it take from the phone interview to the sim assessment?
Man I have received nothing... just applied many weeks ago...

Dan_Brown
12th Sep 2019, 08:28

Why did they pull out of Europe the first time round 2 years from launch, getting onto 20 years ago? Seems like a bit of indicision there. Strong or weak economy.

Be careful not to be at the top of that sh*t pile, then back to the bottom of someone else's within a very short space of time. Doesn't matter how experienced you are.

Jaydee27
13th Sep 2019, 05:36
Why did they pull out of Europe the first time round 2 years from launch, getting onto 20 years ago? Seems like a bit of indicision there. Strong or weak economy.

It's not the same company. Bombardier sold that iteration following their withdrawal from Europe.

CL300
13th Sep 2019, 16:51
ex globeAir Shareholders apparently...the B Team... but not confirmed from my side, although one person "advertising" was indeed a GlobeAir employee ( Linkedin)

Global_Global
13th Sep 2019, 20:49
ex globeAir Shareholders apparently...the B Team... but not confirmed from my side, although one person "advertising" was indeed a GlobeAir employee ( Linkedin)

haha Globeair would wish for that... look up directional aviation and Kenn Ricci ... One of the few people who made money in business aviation and a very good guy too

CL300
14th Sep 2019, 06:53
haha Globeair would wish for that... look up directional aviation and Kenn Ricci ... One of the few people who made money in business aviation and a very good guy too

I was referring to rumours and this quote :

Flexjet Europe has also recently hired someone who “brings deep experience selling private jet travel solutions throughout Europe” to help facilitate these plans. Ricci said more details about this new employee and its new European access program will be announced in early January.

733driver
14th Sep 2019, 08:35

Really? A successful business man he may be but I despise his union busting at Flexjet US. Unfortunately the pilots fell for it and will have only themselves to blame for sub-standard conditions, when compared to NetJets.

Jaydee27
14th Sep 2019, 10:53
Really? A successful business man he may be but I despise his union busting at Flexjet US. Unfortunately the pilots fell for it and will have only themselves to blame for sub-standard conditions, when compared to NetJets.

Have you seen the T&Cs at Flexjet US compared to NetJets?

Also reasonably offensive to the 600+ Flexjet pilots who voted for it.

CaptainProp
14th Sep 2019, 14:50
Sorry, back on the economy of things in Germany and Europe as a whole. This from the “German Economy Ministry”:

"A bigger downturn or even a pronounced recession is not expected at the moment. However, indicators don't point to an economic turnaround for the better either," it added.”

....and then:

“Finance Minister Olaf Scholz told lawmakers on Tuesday that Germany was ready to pump "many, many billions of euros" into its economy to counter any significant slowdown in growth, and said the country must take bold measures to fight climate change before it is too late.”

This is one tool that healthy economies can use when things are slowing down. Other countries in weaker economies often don’t really have much left to support its market with though but I wouldn’t worry too much about Germany to be honest.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1VY0OU

CP

Down in front
14th Sep 2019, 16:36

NetJets US have a great package (particularly compared to NetJets Europe)

733driver
15th Sep 2019, 00:03

Of course I have seen the conditions. NJA wins hands down.

And it wasn't 600+ who voted the union out at Flex. It was 318 to be exact. Many of which for short term gain, no doubt. Not clever.

Further reading: https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/fractional/114076-318-tools-flexjet-vote-union-out.html

His dudeness
15th Sep 2019, 09:20
but I wouldn’t worry too much about Germany to be honest.

Then you are not follwing up what happens these days in Germany. "We" - aka NGOs & the Government - alike are in the process of destroying the industrial heart of Germany, the automotive industry. AND they are after aviation as well. They started with the Diesel car emissions harmful effect on humans in cities. The rest of the story is already history. NOW 'they' - the press - are on about the harmful effects of A/C emissions. Sit back and wait. I guess in about 10 years time the German economy is a shade of itself. The Brits and their Brexit might be not to soo stupid after all.

The minister quoted, btw is Olaf Scholz, a man I wouldn´t trust further than I can throw a washing machine. Thats the dude who was mayor in Hamburg before and during the G20 riots, who parctically guarantted that there would be no rioting at all. History told him a lesson, one would think, but no, this dude...

TinFoilhat2
18th Sep 2019, 09:29
Anybody else got any further news on whether they got the job or not or the T&C’s?

Prospin
18th Sep 2019, 09:50
Regarding the interview process, is it a phone screening, then interview then sim? Anybody have any idea what the phone interview entails?

Thanks

Mister
18th Sep 2019, 15:50
The process was phone interview, then assesment day with a personal interview for around one hour and a sim check. Afterwards another short phone conversation with 2 management guys if sucessfull.

Job offered but without knowing terms and conditions ( I know, quite funny). They said they would contact shortly with final offer.

Prospin
18th Sep 2019, 16:28
Thank you for the info!

topaky
18th Sep 2019, 19:21
The process was phone interview, then assesment day with a personal interview for around one hour and a sim check. Afterwards another short phone conversation with 2 management guys if sucessfull.

Job offered but without knowing terms and conditions ( I know, quite funny). They said they would contact shortly with final offer.

Thanks for your feedback Mister, can I ask you what is your experience/background? Without being too specific for obvious reasons, just to have a rough idea of who they are currently calling.
Thanks.

EatMyShorts!
18th Sep 2019, 20:43
Let's hope that they are offering a decent contract/pay! I mean it.

Mister
18th Sep 2019, 21:52
Thanks for your feedback Mister, can I ask you what is your experience/background? Without being too specific for obvious reasons, just to have a rough idea of who they are currently calling.
Thanks.

I can say that as far as I am aware they are calling people ranging from being King Air Captains to guys with A380 experience, Experience about 8000 to 9000 hours total time, most of it in jets or turboprops.

The company looks great to be honest, and they treat the people really well from what I saw, which is not very common this days. It remain to be seen which package they offer and as other people say how they are going to manage to get a place in the European market.

Worth at least an application, guaranteed you will come back from the assesment with good sensations about this outfit.

FLYL
25th Sep 2019, 16:23
Hi guys,
any news about FJ interviews?
Did someone of you went through the screening process recently?
I applied more than a month ago, but I didn’t get any call yet...
Thanks.

Daddy Fantastic
25th Sep 2019, 16:53
Hi guys,
Thanks.

Whats your background?

Above The Clouds
26th Sep 2019, 08:20
Hi guys,
Thanks.

I have completed the process, phone interview, face to face interview and a sim ride, no information given about T & C's yet and no further communication from them since the assesment day.

SR77
26th Sep 2019, 09:54
Hello,I did the phone interview month ago and no reply by now...however I asked for salary conditions and they told me that at the moment don't have that info. Of course without this input is worthless for everyone continue with the process I think..

FLYL
26th Sep 2019, 19:34
Thanks for your replies guys,
I hope something will go on for me as well in the near future.

bouphi
3rd Oct 2019, 10:42
if hired, when is the course OCC to be started ?

Setting
3rd Oct 2019, 14:03
Hello,I did the phone interview month ago and no reply by now...however I asked for salary conditions and they told me that at the moment don't have that info. Of course without this input is worthless for everyone continue with the process I think..

People spending money on tickets and hotels for the assessment and in return they can't even show what they offer. Sounds like a big red warning to me. Most companies doing this do it on purpose as they know no one would show up if they revealed the T&C.

TinFoilhat2
3rd Oct 2019, 17:57
People spending money on tickets and hotels for the assessment and in return they can't even show what they offer. Sounds like a big red warning to me. Most companies doing this do it on purpose as they know no one would show up if they revealed the T&C.

They pay for flights and hotels for interview.

The salary includes perdiems on top of salary as well as hotels with breakfast and an expense account credit card for all meals anytime so your per diems will just be saved.

I have just been offered the job and sent a letter of offer. The pay is not bad at all and they were very professional throughout the whole process.

They are taking this very seriously and will be a good outfit to work for.

Above The Clouds
3rd Oct 2019, 18:15

Although I completed the full interview process, I received a phone call and an email saying at the moment they will not be processing me further however they will be keeping my details for future positions, maybe because I wasn't keen on down grading to a Nextant.

Throughout the selection process they have been entirely professional, I don't really see what your problem is.

Thepirate
4th Oct 2019, 20:42
They pay for flights and hotels for interview.

The salary includes perdiems on top of salary as well as hotels with breakfast and an expense account credit card for all meals anytime so your per diems will just be saved.

I have just been offered the job and sent a letter of offer. The pay is not bad at all and they were very professional throughout the whole process.

They are taking this very seriously and will be a good outfit to work for.

so what is the pay and conditions? No need to be secretive, the only people that care are pilots who think this company might be suitable for them!

dboy
5th Oct 2019, 18:40

Fully correct! I would be very suspicous as well. Most of those GA’s companies you simply cant trust them. I ve been there for some time and really happy i could escape that business.

Vikingfly
7th Oct 2019, 09:42
Can someone please share the salary? This is what we all would like to know :ok:​​​​​​​

SR77
7th Oct 2019, 14:30
Nobody knows the exact figures of salary conditions at this moment.

FUGGLE
9th Oct 2019, 15:27
Can you details the face to face interview, type of questions (technical, other, etc...) some tips on sim will also be appreciate.

bouphi
10th Oct 2019, 16:54
fleet : Nextant 400, Legacy 500/600 & Learjet 75.
Roster are 7 on 5 off

Above The Clouds
10th Oct 2019, 17:44
just got some info from a lady working for flexjet :

Hello Philippe,
Financial part of the contract will be officialize on oct the 15th so regarding salary, taxes pension and so forth I don’t have a clear answer now
Our fleet is composed by Nextant 400 (new version of the Hawker 400), Legacy 500/600 and Learjet 75. Roster are 7 on 5 off
Will give you more information next Tuesday!

During the phone interview they were talking about placing me on either the Legacy or Lear 75. Then during the face to face interview it was suggested that may not happen and would I go on the Nextant for minimum 2 years before changing type.

I politely declined and I think thats when my cards were marked, hence my application was not taken any further.

It makes sense that if they have 7 or 8 of these Nextants with approx. 40 pilots crewing them that those crew get first option to upgrade but why not be honest with people applying for a job in the belief they are going to join the Legacy or Lear 75 fleet to be told at interview you first have to fly the Nextant and be trapped for 2 years.

Klimax
11th Oct 2019, 09:45
During the phone interview they were talking about placing me on either the Legacy or Lear 75. Then during the face to face interview it was suggested that may not happen and would I go on the Nextant for minimum 2 years before changing type.

I politely declined and I think thats when my cards were marked, hence my application was not taken any further.

It makes sense that if they have 7 or 8 of these Nextants with approx. 40 pilots crewing them that those crew get first option to upgrade but why not be honest with people applying for a job in the belief they are going to join the Legacy or Lear 75 fleet to be told at interview you first have to fly the Nextant and be trapped for 2 years.

probably because things are changing rapidly and they are nit set in stone at the time of your interview. However - you’re right that it would make more sense to manage expectations early on and not waste time for everybody. Again, I never really understood (or agreed) the strategy of employers to not disclose the basic employment conditions prior to an recruitment and interview process.

TinFoilhat2
11th Oct 2019, 14:39

Why do you say trapped for 2 years, bigger is not always better? There are a lot of benefits to flying a Nextant around Europe. You may find you love the flying and destinations on a Nextant.

The only real benefit to being on something big like the G650 is if you want to move on to airlines (in my case I want to escape them) or you have a desire for long haul flights but that’s really it.

Money will be better on a bigger jet which is the only reason I would consider it due to having a family to support but would be perfectly happy to fly around in a Nextant.

All my Jet types are between 40T and 100T and there is nothing special about flying them or fun, especially for airlines.

Above The Clouds
11th Oct 2019, 14:51
Why do you say trapped for 2 years, bigger is not always better? There are a lot of benefits to flying a Nextant around Europe. You may find you love the flying and destinations on a Nextant.

The only real benefit to being on something big like the G650 is if you want to move on to airlines (in my case I want to escape them) or you have a desire for long haul flights but that’s really it.

Money will be better on a bigger jet which is the only reason I would consider it due to having a family to support but would be perfectly happy to fly around in a Nextant.

All my Jet types are between 40T and 100T and there is nothing special about flying them or fun, especially for airlines.

Never mentioned the airlines, my commercial career has been corporate for 25 years and the last 15 years on medium to long range aircraft were the money is better than airlines.

The plan was to join an operator based in Europe therefore the Legacy seemed like a decent aircraft to move to, I have no desire to fly a Nextant with a cramped cockpit, small cabin, no real bathroom, no apu or pressure refuelling.

That is what I meant by being trapped, on a smaller biz jet type with no guarantee of moving back to the larger type.

TinFoilhat2
11th Oct 2019, 16:39
Never mentioned the airlines, my commercial career has been corporate for 25 years and the last 15 years on medium to long range aircraft were the money is better than airlines.

The plan was to join an operator based in Europe therefore the Legacy seemed like a decent aircraft to move to, I have no desire to fly a Nextant with a cramped cockpit, small cabin, no real bathroom, no apu or pressure refuelling.

That is what I meant by being trapped, on a smaller biz jet type with no guarantee of moving back to the larger type.

Fair enough but you will move up in 2 years at the very most. The new aircraft start coming next year and from what I understand they are looking at the new Gulfstreams and Embraer Praetors.

Nextant pilots will also be offered the first upgrades. I think it could be a very good gig.

EatMyShorts!
11th Oct 2019, 17:36
I think joining at this point in time, with the market being in a vulnerable position, is a gamble. If you got nothing to lose, yes, go there. If you have a good and safe job, do not.

733driver
11th Oct 2019, 20:54
I agree with EatMyShorts!

CaptainProp
18th Oct 2019, 09:49
“LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE (https://www.businesswire.com/))--Flexjet LLC (https://cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=smartlink&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flexjet.com%2F&esheet=52111965&newsitemid=20191016005310&lan=en-US&anchor=Flexjet+LLC&index=1&md5=4fc4ca2252f446ab2d756bc639226ca4), a global leader in fractional ownership and private jet travel, today announced the opening of Flexjet House, a global experience centre and office in London’s Mayfair neighbourhood, home to some of the world’s most respected brands and businesses. The location is an integral step in Flexjet’s European expansion, which has seen travel to, from and within Europe grow more than 44 percent in 2019, year over year.”

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191016005310/en/Flexjet-House-Officially-Opens-London’s-Mayfair-District

Daddy Fantastic
18th Oct 2019, 16:38
I think these guys are here to stay. They seem to be doing this properly.

bouphi
19th Oct 2019, 11:15
still no info about the salary, pension, taxes ? for F/O and Capt ...

McDoo
19th Oct 2019, 15:12
still no info about the salary, pension, taxes ? for F/O and Capt ...
They were rolled out to existing crew this week. You should hear soon

fastjet45
27th Oct 2019, 16:55
They were rolled out to existing crew this week. You should hear soon

​​​​​So has anything been made public yet regarding salary and terms or is it another load of hot air.

Jaydee27
27th Oct 2019, 18:25
​​​​​So has anything been made public yet regarding salary and terms or is it another load of hot air.

Crew all aware. Definitely not hot air. I guess none are prepared to post on a public forum though!

Usually a sign of contentment?

Oh gaim
27th Oct 2019, 20:20
Crew all aware. Definitely not hot air. I guess none are prepared to post on a public forum though!

Usually a sign of contentment?
Or embarrassment?

Twin_Otter
27th Oct 2019, 20:28
Or embarrassment?
Definitely not embarrassment from what I've heard! I was told in confidence though :oh:

Daddy Fantastic
27th Oct 2019, 20:33
Or embarrassment?

Definitely not embarrassing! Decent pay and packager over all on offer.

Oh gaim
27th Oct 2019, 20:37
Great - looking forward to someone spilling the sacred beans at some point

Klimax
27th Oct 2019, 21:53
We all have different perspectives on what is “fair”. The common logic is that if you’re commanding a Nextant or EMB there is only that much you can expect to demand in CoS - not quite the same as say a G650 Captain would pull home. If you want the best and those with experience - you need to reward accordingly. Let’s see what this outfit is up too. I’m not holding my breath.

wondering
27th Oct 2019, 22:29
For the record, that´s the old deal: Flexjet Europe pilot jobs, payscales and entry requirements. (http://www.ppjn.com/Flexjet_Europe-pilot-jobs)

Cpt £ 55K
F/O £ 26K

Can anybody be bothered to update ppjn?

Klimax
29th Oct 2019, 07:12
For the record, that´s the old deal: Flexjet Europe pilot jobs, payscales and entry requirements. (http://www.ppjn.com/Flexjet_Europe-pilot-jobs)

Cpt £ 55K
F/O £ 26K

Holy cr@p. What do they pay their pilots? I didn’t realise cabin crew had similar ranks to flight deck crew these days.

fastjet45
29th Oct 2019, 08:22

Cpt £ 55K
F/O £ 26K

Wow, I was earning that flying a Citation 20 years ago surely those figures cannot be for 2019 ?

Skyshare
29th Oct 2019, 08:31
It seams the new salary on the Legacy will be 103.040 euro gross with 15-15 roster (78400 on the bloody Nextant)...... per diem 35 pounds and on Company Credit card for all meals. Payrise 5000 euro gross every year. 10% annual bonus on annual gross salary.

Down in front
29th Oct 2019, 10:49

Cpt £ 55K
F/O £ 26K

I think this is a subtle 'lost in translation' perhaps from a non-native English speaker.

Maybe he mean "this is the old deal"

I'm sure they won't be paying Captains less than the flight attendants on my previous operation.

fastjet45
29th Oct 2019, 17:22
It seams the new salary on the Legacy will be 103.040 euro gross with 15-15 roster (78400 on the bloody Nextant)...... per diem 35 pounds and on Company Credit card for all meals. Payrise 5000 euro gross every year. 10% annual bonus on annual gross salary.

If true those figures are very low compared to the majority of business jet operators out there.

Setting
29th Oct 2019, 21:04
If true those figures are very low compared to the majority of business jet operators out there.

Compared to which operators? Flexjet has to be compared to other similar outfits that carry the cost of a large organisation in the background like NetJets and VistaJet. Netjets captain's salary is around 100 000 EUR I guess and for VistaJet it ranges from 84000 - 96000 EUR depending on fleet type. It's not fair to compare salaries with owner jobs where the owner often pays the crew directly. That said I do agree that the salaries seems to be on the lower range but what else to expect in Europe? Compared to similar outfits this seems to be the highest payer. The GA sector is much behind most large airlines. So I guess FlexJet has to rely on the flying school VistaJet which gladly will feed them with crews.

Is 15/15 including the proceeding days? Otherwise it just turns into another 17/13 roster... 35 pounds of per diems sounds like they taken straight from Vistajet. How about training on your 15/15 or on your off days? Holidays?

Skyshare
29th Oct 2019, 22:20
15-15 (proceeding on day 1 and 15)... 35 pounds per diem but all meals on Company Credit Card (so you don’t spend your per diem)... 28 days vacation days on top on your days OFF. Training during your 15 days ON.

bully85
30th Oct 2019, 17:05
Indeed the salary seems average compared with the right outfits (not taking into account that one will work 1day extra compared with NJ)

What about taxation, are you taxed in the UK or can someone use an offshore account? 😃

fastjet45
30th Oct 2019, 17:21
Indeed the salary seems average compared with the right outfits (not taking into account that one will work 1day extra compared with NJ)

What about taxation, are you taxed in the UK or can someone use an offshore account? ��

I was advised by a colleage who went for interview that contracts will be done through Contractair Ltd with no possibility of any form of offshore

Intrance
30th Oct 2019, 18:18
Beats the hell out of Vistajet and there are newer bigger aircraft coming which Nextant pilots get first crack at with an increase in salary due to it being a bigger jet with the same 5000 euro increase as well every year on your salary.

Do you get that in writing or just a carrot on a stick though? :) I'm sure the 400XTi can be a fun plane to fly but if after those two years you don't get the promised position/chance to upgrade to something a bit more "pilot comfortable" you end up with a fairly useless rating to go find a better job with.

Klimax
30th Oct 2019, 18:57
Well, considering the aircraft types emb legacy and nextant, and the rotational roster, I´m actually not sure that the conditions disclosed above are substandard in Europe - but I stand corrected. However, I do not believe that the company will be able to retain the best of their crew going into the future, as those will likely be looking for better opportunities (CoS, pay, etc.) soon enough, as the opportunities arises. The industry, including biz jet aviation, is facing a supply issue (of qualified and skilled candidates) and the race to the bottom has come to an end. Employers are now facing the reality of the market, and that they have to put forward better employement conditions to retain and attract.

wolkl
1st Nov 2019, 13:10
Hi guys.
A question for those who did the assessment.
What's the normal time frame after the first phone interview, to be contact for the next steps of the assessment?
Thanks in advance.
Regards.

Above The Clouds
1st Nov 2019, 15:59
Hi guys.
A question for those who did the assessment.
What's the normal time frame after the first phone interview, to be contact for the next steps of the assessment?
Thanks in advance.
Regards.

I was given a selection of dates for the face to face interview at the end of the phone interview, then a couple days later confirmed by email.

Prospin
1st Nov 2019, 17:50
I was given a selection of dates for the face to face interview at the end of the phone interview, then a couple days later confirmed by email.

Exactly the same!

bulldog89
2nd Nov 2019, 05:26
I'm totally extraneous to the biz jet world, so don't kill me: I've read about a 15/15 roster.
What are the ON days like? Do you get 15 standby and fly as requested on a daily basis or you already know where you'll be flying to and for how long?

Hodin
2nd Nov 2019, 10:32
Do you get 15 standby and fly as requested on a daily basis or you already know where you'll be flying to and for how long?

Looking at charter operation - it can be both, depends on your operation/sales department and how they share the info with the cockpit crews.
Sometimes they sell flights a month in advance but it will be assigned to an a/c only few days before - thats when you will know about it.
There is also always the chance for last minute charters/AOG support flights.
Coud be different with owner only operation (ie. no charter)
My current experience is to know about 2-3 days beforehand where I will be, if there is no ad-hoc flights coming in.

bulldog89
3rd Nov 2019, 03:45
looking at charter operation - it can be both, depends on your operation/sales department and how they share the info with the cockpit crews.
sometimes they sell flights a month in advance but it will be assigned to an a/c only few days before - thats when you will know about it.
there is also always the chance for last minute charters/AOG support flights.
coud be different with owner only operation (ie. no charter)
My current experience is to know about 2-3 days beforehand where I will be if there is no ad-hoc flights coming in.

:ok: Thanks

HermanTheGerman
7th Nov 2019, 06:59
I know 5 people attending the selection process at Burgess Hill at different dates, all liked the friendly & fair atmosphere. But nobody was hired.
I wonder if they really hire people?

bouphi
7th Nov 2019, 07:58
I know 5 people attending the selection process at Burgess Hill at different dates, all liked the friendly & fair atmosphere. But nobody was hired.
I wonder if they really hire people?

I heard from a friend who did the interview, they are looking for pilots having already experience in corporate/VIP flights.
I don't know for your friends Herman ?

HermanTheGerman
7th Nov 2019, 09:56
all very bizjet experienced, thousands of hours, 2 even Legacy rated.

EatMyShorts!
7th Nov 2019, 10:16
All from Netjets Germany, errrr, Air Hamburg :}

HermanTheGerman
7th Nov 2019, 10:29
All from Netjets Germany, errrr, Air Hamburg :}

not really

EatMyShorts!
7th Nov 2019, 13:43
Ah, there are not so many Legacy operators in Germany, then it was a wrong guess.

HermanTheGerman
7th Nov 2019, 14:33
who says these 2 guys were from Germany? I didn't....

Above The Clouds
7th Nov 2019, 16:48
My understanding is the first Legacy's operated by SIRO are crewed with all ex Italian Airforce pilots.

EatMyShorts!
7th Nov 2019, 20:44
who says these 2 guys were from Germany? I didn't....
No, you did not, but I deducted it wrongly from your user-name here.

Son of a Beech
15th Nov 2019, 18:24
New payscales on PPJN

captain €108000-€132000
copilot €52000

of course question is who posted these rates

PPJN Flexjet payscale (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/Flexjet_Europe)

bully85
17th Nov 2019, 06:10
Which one are you getting year 1?

44.8 or 40?

(nextant 172days)

bully85
17th Nov 2019, 14:17
Yes indeed. Didn’t see it sorry (a little blurry pic)

Any of you guys know (more or less) what percentage of income tax will be deducted from the salary shown.

And what about those 172etc days.I thought it was a 7/5 rotation which will result in 212 working days. Anyone some info?

Klimax
18th Nov 2019, 09:21
Nice to see sensible compensation for working days off ... but with apparently positioning in economy and having to live within 90 minutes of the gateway,, I'll hold fire for the time being - not that I'd pass anyway, because no-one else seems to.

Positioning in Economy no matter the duration of the positioning flight?. Ah well, might as well forget about them.

EatMyShorts!
18th Nov 2019, 11:04
Tax all depends on your country of residence and the country of registration of the birds. For us in the "other big fractional operator" it means that some colleagues have to pay national tax (difference) in their countries of residence on top of the tax that is being witheld in the country where the company is operating from. There's still a handful of countries where you pay no additional tax. So think well where you want to live or those nice gross salaries will be halved by tax and social security.

Klimax
18th Nov 2019, 14:32
like to know where these came from? looks pretty much like official company stuff.

It sure does look like official company stuff. Great to be able to actually see what's on offer - even better that it is shared to avoid speculations. In this case it will (likely) greatly enhance the company in attracting talent from other operators in the region. No need to be so secretive about stuff! Cheers.

Oh gaim
18th Nov 2019, 14:33
Although entry salary for FOs is dire

chinny
18th Nov 2019, 15:45
there is also such a thing as confidentiality?!!! not totally sure would want someone like that in the company i work for!

Oh gaim
18th Nov 2019, 15:49
I’ve never understood companies who guard their salary scales like state secrets. It’s a red flag for me as it’s more likely than not that the money is poor and it just wastes everyone’s time.

chinny
18th Nov 2019, 16:10
maybe i agree but to publicly display (more than likely without approval) shows a lack of integrity and confidentiality and not sure is the right person to be in a VIP operation-just saying that's all

Klimax
18th Nov 2019, 16:50
there is also such a thing as confidentiality?!!! not totally sure would want someone like that in the company i work for!

Forget that! Everybody needs to share details so that we all understand our worth and knows when it's time to look elsewhere - only a management troll with a bonus incentive don't agree with this. What's to hide about the salary being offered by a company - please feel free to share as to why this should not be a known.

Klimax
18th Nov 2019, 16:55
maybe i agree but to publicly display (more than likely without approval) shows a lack of integrity and confidentiality and not sure is the right person to be in a VIP operation-just saying that's all

Yes, let's instead employ incompetent, under-qualified cheap employees - that don't share mundane details. Too much focus on the wrong things. A transparent company that pays its employees a fair salary and discloses this to the client has nothing to fear. On the other hand, employers that are deceiving employees and clients have everything to fear about public disclosures such as this. Common knowledge.

Klimax
18th Nov 2019, 17:15
I’ve never understood companies who guard their salary scales like state secrets. It’s a red flag for me as it’s more likely than not that the money is poor and it just wastes everyone’s time.

I'm with you on that one. Obviously in private jet companies this gets even worse. Everybody's on different pay and even different per diem terms - even within individual crews. The companies tells the employees to not share their terms with the other crew. How amazingly stupid can they possibly be. Of course we share the details - preferably all of them!

AeroplaneCPT
18th Nov 2019, 17:27
Should not be too hard to figure out who GiniPino is. He posted all his type qualifications. It does show a true lack of integrity (or trust) to share without authorisation. I work for the company and I'm very happy with the direction things are going. It should not matter what you think if you don't work for the company.

Klimax
19th Nov 2019, 06:42
Should not be too hard to figure out who GiniPino is. He posted all his type qualifications. It does show a true lack of integrity (or trust) to share without authorisation. I work for the company and I'm very happy with the direction things are going. It should not matter what you think if you don't work for the company.

Another typical management troll remark with a twist of nativity believing that a PPRuNe profile contains factual data. Trying to police the internet and the information shared between pilots is just showing lack of understanding of how things work or should work. It's really nice and good to know what various employers are offering and the more factual this information is the better. Kudos to the Gentleman for sharing - it's a great thing - and in this case it is actually beneficial for the company, since it seems competitive (for the time being and on certain aircraft types). Cheers.

chinny
19th Nov 2019, 08:55
Another typical management troll remark with a twist of nativity believing that a PPRuNe profile contains factual data. Trying to police the internet and the information shared between pilots is just showing lack of understanding of how things work or should work. It's really nice and good to know what various employers are offering and the more factual this information is the better. Kudos to the Gentleman for sharing - it's a great thing - and in this case it is actually beneficial for the company, since it seems competitive (for the time being and on certain aircraft types). Cheers.

some of what you say is correct and i agree that the more info we get the better the decision made and the better the competition-but going on the threads before and the lack of info to suddenly get all bar kitchen sink-seems bit weird!
BTW-not on his profile but on previous threads he has written and posted.

Klimax
19th Nov 2019, 09:16
some of what you say is correct and i agree that the more info we get the better the decision made and the better the competition-but going on the threads before and the lack of info to suddenly get all bar kitchen sink-seems bit weird!
BTW-not on his profile but on previous threads he has written and posted.

Weird and weird I’m not so sure I see the weirdness in it. Anyways, let’s agree - useful info. As mentioned, in this particular case, it’s favourable for Flexjet to have this info out there. Looking at Netjets Europe vs Flexjet Europe, on the large cabin segment of the published payscale, it would be attractive, or at least tempting, for PICs to switch. Flexjet Europe looks set to attract some of the best qualified pilots with the published terms. So far the management seems to be on the ball. The eco positioning has been mentioned and other terms might be unattractive - hopefully the Gentleman who published the payscale will publish some more “good” stuff - such that we won’t have to speculate. I’m going to freshen up my CV and have it ready for submission - simply because of the info shared on this thread.

bully85
19th Nov 2019, 12:55
No one any idea about the 172/187/202 days?
I really don’t get that part sorry -_-

Oh gaim
19th Nov 2019, 13:08
Probably you can nominate how many duty days per year you want on your roster / contract and the pay is adjusted accordingly.

Klimax
19th Nov 2019, 16:09
Probably you can nominate how many duty days per year you want on your roster / contract and the pay is adjusted accordingly.

That would be my guess too. But unfortunately this type of official information may fall into the internet police category of “authorisation required”. :ugh: On the large cabin segment this option is likely unavailable since it’s rotational 1:1. Hopefully this gig will manage to get some big bird clients under their wings soon - so that we can see how it all pans out in reality. There’s space for more serious operators than the current management companies, who are attempting to copy the airline industry model of race to the bottom.

spiritofthehawk
21st Nov 2019, 10:53
Could someone please state some Questions coming up in the Phone interview and face to face?

greets

bully85
30th Nov 2019, 19:18
Is there ANYone on this channel who’s got hired?

🤔

Klimax
2nd Dec 2019, 05:02
Perhaps the gentleman who so nicely shared the photos of the salary conditions got hired, maybe he´ll respond. Unfortunately some loser management clown appears to have bullied the poster into removing it form this site.

Meanwhile, our colleagues from across the pond has something to add to the story, and this is recent info details;

https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/fractional/119015-flexjet-new-hire-salary.html

Ta,
Kmax

aviatn
10th Dec 2019, 07:44
It appears that not many people are being hired in Europe. Though they have had plans for a large expansion onto the European market, they seem to have been reduced substantially, however.
The interview process is professional, no question.

Klimax
10th Dec 2019, 16:04
It appears that not many people are being hired in Europe. Though they have had plans for a large expansion onto the European market, they seem to have been reduced substantially, however.
The interview process is professional, no question.

Sounds promising! I wonder what would stopped their plans? Bad planning?

flykiko
11th Dec 2019, 10:35
Hey guys, no one mention something I am curious about.
Are there Direct Entry Captain positions FJ Europe, or one should always expect to start as FO?
I was contacted today for a phone interview, I will give some feedback in due time

Klimax
11th Dec 2019, 11:58
Hey guys, no one mention something I am curious about.
Are there Direct Entry Captain positions, or one should always expect to start as FO?
I was contacted today for a phone interview, I will give some feedback in due time

Are you refering to Flexjet Europe or US? Just asking, since your locating indicates US. Best of luck with it anyways.

flykiko
11th Dec 2019, 12:15
Good call...!!
Need to update my profile..
FJ Europe

woodweego
12th Dec 2019, 11:47
Hi guys,

Sharing some info.
I did my phone interview recently.
It went smooth and professional, was more of a talk than an interview.
All explanations ware given, and IMO, working conditions are really good, with a proper way to pay taxes in a promising growing environment.
It all seemed really organized and well planned.
The salary is not great and making 50.000 gross a year, plus per diem and other bonuses as an FO may be short for some who can get a DEC or fast track somewhere else.
I have no idea how much is the PIC salary, but it will be better for sure, and given the other conditions, it seems a good place to work, with good perspectives of new jets, longer routes, and a decent life for those who are tired of flying a big bus in repeated routes eeeevery single day.
I have no idea if I was accepted for the next step though.

Good luck to all !

Klimax
13th Dec 2019, 06:26
Hi guys,

Sharing some info.
I did my phone interview recently.
It went smooth and professional, was more of a talk than an interview.
All explanations ware given, and IMO, working conditions are really good, with a proper way to pay taxes in a promising growing environment.
It all seemed really organized and well planned.
The salary is not great and making 50.000 gross a year, plus per diem and other bonuses as an FO may be short for some who can get a DEC or fast track somewhere else.
I have no idea how much is the PIC salary, but it will be better for sure, and given the other conditions, it seems a good place to work, with good perspectives of new jets, longer routes, and a decent life for those who are tired of flying a big bus in repeated routes eeeevery single day.

Good luck to all !

Thanks for sharing your experience - good on you for doing so.
It sounds interesting, as you said, IF you're recently new to flying and don't feel like doing the hamster wheel. However, if this is the deal for F/Os I doubt the deal for experienced PIC are of interest to those of us who would consider jumping ship. The industry if plagued with low balling and hopefully the companies and clients will be paying the price for this approach in the time to come.

breakdip
13th Dec 2019, 11:06

Buddy of mine was accepted for the next stage back in the summer but still has to get the invite for the interview and the assessment. He is in doubt about how serious they really are with their recruitment.

CaptainProp
15th Dec 2019, 06:48
I know for a fact that guys have been called, passed sim and interview, got call and set up for final phone interview and then offered contracts. That’s all over past 3-4 months.

CP

woodweego
16th Dec 2019, 08:30
Buddy of mine was accepted for the next stage back in the summer but still has to get the invite for the interview and the assessment. He is in doubt about how serious they really are with their recruitment.
That's not reassuring for a guy who is currently without a job..

733driver
24th Jan 2020, 05:23
It's gotten real quiet on Flexjet Europe. Anyone heard anything? Anyone been invited or hired recently? What are their plans for 2020?

Thanks

Daddy Fantastic
24th Jan 2020, 12:00
I think hiring is on hold at present. Anybody who is being called is being put in a hold pool, not straight onto the books just yet, so i have heard.

733driver
24th Jan 2020, 18:44
Hmmm, interesting. Thanks. I wonder what's behind all this and how it's gonna play out.

Klimax
25th Jan 2020, 08:35
Hmmm, interesting. Thanks. I wonder what's behind all this and how it's gonna play out.

Plans and their implementation followed by reality checks. If reality is not corresponding to an over optimistic plan - you´re better of rethinking that plan. I bet you, that´s what´s going one at Flexjet Europe at the moment. It takes a lot more than ambitions and perfect plans to enter the market under the current circumstances. I´d love to see Flexjet succed, but it might not be as easy as they had panned it out.

Delta12
17th Feb 2020, 22:08
Any news ?

Would love to see any competition to NetJets..

BizzjetDriver
24th Feb 2020, 18:29
No news at all.

I have a very good friend who passed all the interview process with them last year and they apparently stopped recruiting.
The funny thing is that my colleague hasn’t received any further news since December and the recruiting team doesn’t even reply to his messages...

Very unprofessional. No comments...

Klimax
25th Feb 2020, 14:02
No news at all.

I have a very good friend who passed all the interview process with them last year and they apparently stopped recruiting.
The funny thing is that my colleague hasn’t received any further news since December and the recruiting team doesn’t even reply to his messages...

Very unprofessional. No comments...

Very unprofessional indeed.

Joe le Taxi
26th Feb 2020, 10:23
Flexjet's third abortive dabble in Europe.

BizzjetDriver
26th Feb 2020, 15:56
If they want to compete with Netjets in Europe they should first offer a good product (The Nextant is not what the European average customer wants) and they should treat their employees so that they can make a difference (I am sorry but if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys, and it's not only about money, it's also about hiring above standard people and give them good working conditions)

Delta12
27th Feb 2020, 18:39
A shame. But like JetRepublic and a gazillion others... A fail before started....

I still want to see some competition for NetJets

EatMyShorts!
27th Feb 2020, 19:09
Well, the salary tables that had been posted here a few weeks ago did not look that bad? Unfortunately the poster removed or had to remove them again on order by Flexjet. No idea what they want to hide. And you know what, even I want to see good competition for NetJets Europe, because it will trigger movement, that's a good thing.

McDoo
28th Feb 2020, 07:29
If they want to compete with Netjets in Europe they should first offer a good product (The Nextant is not what the European average customer wants) and they should treat their employees so that they can make a difference (I am sorry but if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys, and it's not only about money, it's also about hiring above standard people and give them good working conditions)

The Nextants are being retired and replaced by LR75s as we speak.
Salaries and bonuses are excellent
Employees are treated very well indeed
Roster is 7 on 5 off which is hugely popular
The reason recruitment has temporarily slowed is because all the Nextant crews have to transition to new types this year.
Definitely no monkeys employed 😉

EatMyShorts!
28th Feb 2020, 09:53
But you guys got an ugly uniform, hope you will also transition to something smarter.

733driver
28th Feb 2020, 15:02
But is a reply to an application asking too much? Or to an email for that matter? My friend who applied heard nothing. I even know someone high up on the inside and followed up with an email for him. No response. Disappointing.

EatMyShorts!
28th Feb 2020, 18:38
Yes, surely not the most professional way of communicating by them. Maybe they are understaffed due to cost-saving reasons. And Lear 75s coming to Europe, really?

Uplinker
29th Feb 2020, 09:25
But is a reply to an application asking too much? Or to an email for that matter? My friend who applied heard nothing. I even know someone high up on the inside and followed up with an email for him. No response. Disappointing.

It is disappointing, but I can imagine how it happens.

Airlines and aircraft operators receive hundreds, thousands of pilot applications. Imagine trawling through an inbox with 100's or 1000's of applications. Or opening that many letters. If I had to do it, it would take me hours - probably days. Best you can hope for is a generic "no thank you" cut and pasted to all.

You need three things to become a commercial pilot: Money. Ability. Luck.

Don't be offended; keep trying and be lucky :ok:

Joe le Taxi
29th Feb 2020, 10:01
and Lear 75s coming to Europe, really? there are several Lear 75s in Europe already, but on past form and given the covid19 knock on effects, I really wouldn't believe that until they are sitting on the ramp with G- on the tail, and more likely the whole thing will fizzle out like previously.

733driver
29th Feb 2020, 16:24
It is disappointing, but I can imagine how it happens.

Airlines and aircraft operators receive hundreds, thousands of pilot applications. Imagine trawling through an inbox with 100's or 1000's of applications. Or opening that many letters. If I had to do it, it would take me hours - probably days. Best you can hope for is a generic "no thank you" cut and pasted to all.

You need three things to become a commercial pilot: Money. Ability. Luck.

Don't be offended; keep trying and be lucky :ok:

Thanks for the wishes of good luck. But I think you may have misunderstood: Both my friend and I have been professional pilots for a long time. He applied for a job there, after(!) I had been in contact with someone I know who is high up the FlexJet Europe management chain. I was told: Yes, tell your friend to apply and follow up with an email. We did just that. He applied online and I followed up by email as agreed, and again a couple of weeks later when I hadn't heard anything back. Still haven't heard anything since.

McDoo
29th Feb 2020, 21:56
Thanks for the wishes of good luck. But I think you may have misunderstood: Both my friend and I have been professional pilots for a long time. He applied for a job there, after(!) I had been in contact with someone I know who is high up the FlexJet Europe management chain. I was told: Yes, tell your friend to apply and follow up with an email. We did just that. He applied online and I followed up by email as agreed, and again a couple of weeks later when I hadn't heard anything back. Still haven't heard anything since.
Read my previous post.

Klimax
1st Mar 2020, 08:46
Came with the wind and left with the wind

BizzjetDriver
4th Mar 2020, 08:09
The Nextants are being retired and replaced by LR75s as we speak.
Salaries and bonuses are excellent
Employees are treated very well indeed
Roster is 7 on 5 off which is hugely popular
The reason recruitment has temporarily slowed is because all the Nextant crews have to transition to new types this year.
Definitely no monkeys employed 😉

I hope so, it would be nice to see Flexjet operating in Europe in order to add a new competitor, especially one with their know-how from the US. The Lear75 looks a much better product than the Nextant. However, sooner better than later, they should add sthg bigger. I don’t see the Lear75 flying much in the Russian market...

Regarding the monkeys, don’t get it as an insult to Flexjet employees, not my intention. I am pretty sure they are good professionals but definitely it is a rule of market, if you want to attract the best customers, you also have to attract the best employees and pay them accordingly. And as I said, it is not only about money, (there are plenty of other benefits that count such as a good medical insurance, proper LoL insurance, pension plan, travel in business class if positioning flight is longer than 6h, etc, etc that as a example, NJE gives to their employees) and last but not least, it is also about how they take care of people. Just a reply or an acknowledge to a message doesn’t take that much time, makes a difference and it is just as basic as respect. What are these guys not replied at all gonna think about Flexjet?

All my best wishes for them, the more competition is added, the better conditions will be offered in the end for our industry. I am too old and it is sad to see how hiring conditions and respect to employees have changed in the last 20 years.

Klimax
7th Mar 2020, 05:59
I hope so, it would be nice to see Flexjet operating in Europe in order to add a new competitor, especially one with their know-how from the US. The Lear75 looks a much better product than the Nextant. However, sooner better than later, they should add sthg bigger. I don’t see the Lear75 flying much in the Russian market...

Regarding the monkeys, don’t get it as an insult to Flexjet employees, not my intention. I am pretty sure they are good professionals but definitely it is a rule of market, if you want to attract the best customers, you also have to attract the best employees and pay them accordingly. And as I said, it is not only about money, (there are plenty of other benefits that count such as a good medical insurance, proper LoL insurance, pension plan, travel in business class if positioning flight is longer than 6h, etc, etc that as a example, NJE gives to their employees) and last but not least, it is also about how they take care of people. Just a reply or an acknowledge to a message doesn’t take that much time, makes a difference and it is just as basic as respect. What are these guys not replied at all gonna think about Flexjet?

All my best wishes for them, the more competition is added, the better conditions will be offered in the end for our industry. I am too old and it is sad to see how hiring conditions and respect to employees have changed in the last 20 years.

All correct.

bouphi
16th Mar 2020, 16:14
a pilot was asked to postpone entry in FJ from March to November 2020

Oh gaim
16th Mar 2020, 22:40
That’s ****ty

Preacher_Av
2nd Apr 2020, 08:43
Heard they actually might have cancelled the whole thing, offices closed etc.. positions are no longer listed on their website. Can anyone confirm?

191sos
3rd Apr 2020, 03:45
Heard they actually might have cancelled the whole thing, offices closed etc.. positions are no longer listed on their website. Can anyone confirm?

The European section of their website is still there though. As for the positions, I don't think there are many companies on the planet recruiting right now, so not a big surprise those are not listed anymore.

Jaydee27
3rd Apr 2020, 09:20
Business is definitely still running.

Above The Clouds
3rd Apr 2020, 16:09
A friend due to start with Flexjet in July/August has been advised by them that his contract will be cancelled, that was for the European operation.

CaptainProp
3rd Apr 2020, 19:03
Crew already hired and working for Flex have been put on furlough and been told plan is to start up, as per plan for this year, during 2021.

CP

jetexpat
15th Apr 2020, 20:49
Hi everybody , Please , Do not mix up strategy and tactic ....Strategy is a long term vision while tactic is a short term action , sometimes with a mid term vision .With a good strategy you win the war and with good tactics you win battles ...
Sometimes a short retreat will help you to reach a target and to win eventually a battle.
So , let’s keep a positive attitude , behind the hurricane I see blue sky...Good luck to everybody and see you soon back in the sky....

Daddy Fantastic
16th Apr 2020, 11:33
They are still up and running but with 2 planes I believe and a handful of pilots. Yes COVID-19 has harmed everybody but it is unlikely this company was going to survive after what I have seen. The day to day policies and decisions made were not very good at all. If they are here in a year still I will be amazed...

Klimax
16th Apr 2020, 12:06
Hopefully not just another short lived entry attempt.. All over again.

Joe le Taxi
17th Apr 2020, 08:48
They are still up and running but with 2 planes I believe and a handful of pilots. Yes COVID-19 has harmed everybody but it is unlikely this company was going to survive after what I have seen. The day to day policies and decisions made were not very good at all. If they are here in a year still I will be amazed... IMO FJ chose the wrong AOC to use as a European launch springboard.

Tray Surfer
17th Apr 2020, 16:49
I almost took a position with them, but elected to stay with my current operation... Glad about that decision now by the sounds of it.

Oh gaim
17th Apr 2020, 18:35
Most people with offers failed to get a contract

EatMyShorts!
17th Apr 2020, 18:57
Yes, FlexJet were 2 years too late to enter the European market! You need to change job when the market starts opening up - otherwise you might be at the end of the queue when times get rough, like now. For all the employees of FlexJet I hope that the company will make it through these hard times.

horatio_b
29th Jun 2020, 13:16
Latest CAA registration data on G-INFO shows that EMB135 Legacy G-KRFX was registered to Flexjet on 10th June 2020

Klimax
29th Jun 2020, 19:51
Latest CAA registration data on G-INFO shows that EMB135 Legacy G-KRFX was registered to Flexjet on 10th June 2020

Well, what a great, giant step towards becoming a major player.