PDA

View Full Version : Number of flight crew

manho
29th May 2016, 14:32
There are three cockpit crew required to be in a medium-haul flight from HKG to SYD and from HKG to DXB. I know the reason to have three cockpit crew in the flight deck as the flying time is longer than 9 hours.

I tried asking my pilot friend and he told me where to find the answer such as the operation manual but I am still not able to find it. Please advise!!

Intruder
29th May 2016, 20:18
Look in your air regulations.

In the US it's FAR 121.481 - 121.487, and 117.11.

A Squared
30th May 2016, 00:00
I tried asking my pilot friend and he told me where to find the answer such as the operation manual but I am still not able to find it. Please advise!!

I don't know how it works over there, but in the US, the limitations come from the regulations, as Intruder said. The Airline's Operations Manual will have a section on flight and duty time limits. In my experience, this section repeats the regulations, with some additional explanation. It's possible that a carrier may have company limitations which are more restrictive than the regulations. If that were the ase, I would expect those limits to be published in the same section of the Operations manual.