PDA

View Full Version : SP SE-IR privileges

moona
20th May 2016, 06:29
Unfortunately due to bad planning / timing my SP ME-IR expired last month.

I have a current MP type rating/IR and IMC rating. I'm looking to get my SE-IR airways privileges back for private flying.

Is this a case of back to an ATO, course completion certificate etc or can I go straight to an examiner?

MrAverage
20th May 2016, 09:53
The former. An examiner should not proceed with the renewal without seeing the course completion cert.

Manual Reversion
26th May 2016, 20:54
Unfortunately due to bad planning / timing my SP ME-IR expired last month.

I have a current MP type rating/IR and IMC rating. I'm looking to get my SE-IR airways privileges back for private flying.

Is this a case of back to an ATO, course completion certificate etc or can I go straight to an examiner?

Now I might be wrong, but as a se examiner who keeps a sp ir valid, I believe you can just go straight ahead and do a renewal,( I do). Also,you may want to investigate keeping the sp ir valid on the back of your mp ir with 3 self certificated sp ir departures and arrivals each year.( to be signed up by an sp ire)

Whopity
27th May 2016, 12:12
I agree; as you hold a valid IR, then renewing the privilege on SPA is straightforward. I have looked for a reference but cannot find anything specific.