PDA

View Full Version : Shall we just wing it Mrs.Bell?

sennadog
27th Jun 2002, 14:19
Well I did it!

Got my solo QXC done today routing from REDHILL - GOODWOOD - SOUTHEND - REDHILL.

Feel pretty pleased now it's done but I was nervous about it. Made a few mistakes which I was a bit p*ssed off about, transitted Shoreham and there was no lovely lady on the ATC;) but I managed not to get in anybody's way, so it worked out alright.

Did anyone watch the Jimmy Bond film last night on telly? I loved the bit when he jumped in that Cessna with the Student PPL and began trashing the place - perhaps not the best film to watch prior to a QXC but when she (Mrs.Bell) asked him what the plan was for the lesson, he replied with the thread title.:D

Made me laugh anyway.

As this thread has a film theme to it, I have to thank several people for helping me out here a la Oscar nomination but it won't be as long as some of the acceptance speeches, don't worry!

First off SKYYACHT for giving me a leg up with the Navigation exam. Ta muchly:)

Next, Evo for a really detailed email that he sent to me which helped me out in finding Goodwood. You were bang on the money there mate - I owe you a beer or two sometime. Cheers:)

The nice people at Goodwood AFIS who were most accomodating. This is a great airfield and I thoroughly recommend it to anyone - great facilities as well.

The equally nice blokes at Southend Tower who had two QXCs in at the same time on almost the same track must have thought Armageddon was about to hit them. Thanks for helping me out with my balls up. Ta again.:)

Last but not least, G-BXPD for getting me home safely. Don't worry, I normally talk to machines - just ask my car.:)

To anyone getting close to their QXC - go for it. It is a great experience.

Cheers, All.:D

iainpoll
27th Jun 2002, 14:29
Great news Sennadog, feels great doesn't it! Well done.

When will you be doing the test?

Good luck.
IAIN.

sennadog
27th Jun 2002, 14:38
iainpoll . I have a couple of more exams to do which I'm going for next week, so hopefully in the next month - fingers crossed.

Hersham Boy
27th Jun 2002, 14:52
well done, mate - sounds like you're progressing at about 1000 the pace that I am! Job and house move keep getting the way :(

Did you get your "straight in approach" reward from Redhill ATC?

Hersh

sennadog
27th Jun 2002, 15:00
Nah, I wish. They were using RWY 01 today - that would have been great though, transitting the Gatwick zone on a sightseeing tour!:D

Evo7
27th Jun 2002, 15:16
Congratulations mate! :D :D

Glad it helped. Now you know where to find it you can come and give me a ride in the Katana ;)

sennadog
27th Jun 2002, 15:28
It's a date, mate! Just as soon as the dreaded Skills Test and the required hours are done, I'll come down. I was dreading trying to find Goodwood but it worked a treat having located the race course.

Once again, cheers.

Evo7
27th Jun 2002, 15:36
I'll still have the beers afterwards... ;) :)

sennadog
27th Jun 2002, 15:43
Shall I give you my wallet as well - ya greedy bugga!;)

Evo7
27th Jun 2002, 15:58
Well, I'd buy you one back but you'd be flying ... would you like ice and lemon in your coke...? :p ;)

Probably be me asking you for advice in a month or so anyway. I think Redhill is one of the stops we use... :)

Who has control?
28th Jun 2002, 07:03
Well done Sennadog, it is a great achievement and I hope you finish the course soon.

I see you managed Southend OK and I hope you have revised your opinion of the ATC.

So when are you going to come & visit us at EGSX?

sennadog
28th Jun 2002, 11:15
Who has control? Yep, Southend were pretty good to me yesterday, just caught them on a bad day last Sunday, I guess.