PDA

View Full Version : A320 Type Rating Groundschool material

Holdpoolin
9th May 2016, 13:43
Hi Guys,

Starting an A320 TR in a few weeks, I would like to get ahead with the ground school tech exam - can anyone recommend any resources/material/courses I could look at before I start.

Thanks all. :ok:

Wageslave
9th May 2016, 22:05
Just wait until the course. It is well designed and well established and it works. There simply is no need to "get ahead".

1jz
14th May 2016, 04:25
Smartcockpit has some stuff available.. Good for head start if you want

CaptainMongo
18th May 2016, 12:21
When I transition, one thing I also look at it past aircraft accidents and incidents. Airbus builds a wonderful narrow body. Worldwide however pilots have figured out extraordinary ways to break it or even worse, crash it, kill themselves and those in their care.

penpen
20th May 2016, 23:23
You can add also www.a320quiz.com

Denti
21st May 2016, 06:45
Safety First magazine from airbus (available on personal devices for free, and probably on the web) is a pretty nice resource on operating airbus aircraft.

The standard airbus CBT is very shallow, not much better explaining the aircraft than reading wikipedia. However, the FCTM is actually pretty good, so go read it as soon as you can get hold of it. Learn the documentation structure, it is quite different if compared to other types, especially boeings. Especially the EFB (flysmart) version of it is on one side quite practical in daily operation and horrible for learning stuff and just reading up on several systems at once. Again, know the overall structure and it will be easier.

Another resource i used during my typerating was usebeforeflight, but it is not cheap. Still helps to do non normal ECAM drills in your downtime to get familiar with the aircraft. Preparing sim sessions with it is another great use of that software.

Thoroughly Nice Bloke...
21st May 2016, 09:20
Holdpoolin...

I have the full CBT course pm me for further details