PDA

View Full Version : Please help with filling in logbook post PPL

G_STRING
26th Jun 2002, 16:14
Hi. Well, finally got PPL, (at last!).

Hope someone can advise me on following: How do you fill in your logbook after?

For example, I've just gone on a short cross-country flight, (need to build hours to do IMC), and I don't know what to put in the end column - before, it use to be EX18 (cross country exercise), but theoretically, now I've got licence, is a CX flight STILL written down as EX18???

Oh - how do you put circuits down? are they EX12 & 13, or something else now?

I know this probably sounds like the most idiotic thing to ask, but I honestly haven't got a clue !

somebody please give some help......!

G_STRING

Aussie Andy
26th Jun 2002, 16:28
Anything you want! These are just comments... I put stuff like "had a nice trip to xxx with yyy" etc.

AerBabe
26th Jun 2002, 16:30
Write in what you did! So, for x/c, write where you went... who you took, if you had a pax, and any problems. Eg one of my entries is "Local with FlyingForFun. Alternator failure" Another is "To Sywell with Simon R, steep turns and PFLs"

Write circuits down as "Circuits", maybe include how many landings eg "3 LND", and anything else eg "inc go round"

Completely up to you! I think the only reason they are separated into exercises for the PPL is to make sure you keep an eye on what you've covered :)

Whirlybird
26th Jun 2002, 17:43
I do find it useful to keep a note of how many t/os and landings I did, so I know if I'm legal to take passengers. Maybe new logbooks have a column for this; if not, write it in or make a column for it. Otherwise it's up to you, but it's nice to have a bit of detail when you look back a few years later.

G_STRING
26th Jun 2002, 17:46
Thanks all

At least I know what to write now!!

FlyingForFun
27th Jun 2002, 08:52
As others have said, the Notes column is there for you! With around 150 post-PPL hours logged, I can look at almost any entry in my logbook, and remember the exact flight from the notes

(The only exception is flights where I stayed in the circuit, because it's hard to differentiate between them. But, even then, I've got an entry which I describe as "3 really bad landings" which I remember very well!)

FFF
--------------

QNH 1013
27th Jun 2002, 09:52
To keep track of the post-ppl cross-country hours I did (so I could show I was eligible for the IMC issue) I crossed out the Multi-engine-night column in pencil and titled it Post-PPL XC for the next few pages. I could then rapidly check that I had the required number of XC hours, and so could the CAA when I sent the logbook in for the IMC issue.

Enjoy the flying!

QNH

FlyingForFun
27th Jun 2002, 09:55
Good point, QNH.

When I bought my share in the Europa, the insurance company wanted to know how many tail-dragger hours I had. Took me hours to add it all up! I how have a tail-dragger column in my logbook - but it would have been much easier if I'd done that to start with!

FFF
---------------