PDA

View Full Version : Dutch bulb fields - local airfield for trial flights?

xrayalpha
8th Apr 2016, 16:44
Hi all,

My 83-year-old mum really wants to see the bulb fields in the Netherlands.

As well as the famous gardens, it seems the landscape can be pretty spectacular:

Flash bulbs: Aerial shots of Dutch tulips in bloom are more stunning than ever | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2273742/Flash-bulbs-Aerial-shots-Dutch-tulips-bloom-stunning-ever.html)

Can anyone recommend a local flying school for a trial flight - even just 20 mins - to view them?

Jan Olieslagers
8th Apr 2016, 18:43
I suggest you contact the Vliegclub Rotterdam. They are in the area, perhaps best located of all, and we owe them something for providing an alternative for commercial handling at their field.

www.vliegclubrotterdam.nl

xrayalpha
10th Apr 2016, 08:56
Thanks Jan

alex90
10th Apr 2016, 15:18
Just remember when the season is best for the flowers, flew over south Rotterdam last weekend, there were no flowers to be seen (yet). I hear it is normally mid-April to mid-June for best results! Although just the sight of the windmills is good enough for me!

Alan Mortimer
10th Apr 2016, 21:08
Just remember when the season is best for the flowers, flew over south Rotterdam last weekend, there were no flowers to be seen (yet). I hear it is normally mid-April to mid-June for best results! Although just the sight of the windmills is good enough for me!
Hi Colin it just so happens I am over here this weekend although via EasyJet not the Pioneer thanks to Scottish weather last week. Keukenhof Gardens are awesome although in the fields the bulbs are just coming out. Would suggest second half of April as per previous post.
Alan