PDA

View Full Version : CargologicAir

trancada
6th Apr 2016, 21:47
This week FLIGHT INTERNATIONAL is advertising for type 747-400 Captains and F/O’s.

Anyone knows their expansion plans?

Loader1
7th Apr 2016, 09:54
The plans are here: Cargologicair confirms launch and sets out fleet plan (http://theloadstar.co.uk/cargologicair-confirms-launch-and-sets-out-fleet-plan/). And they just applied to fly to the US.

tom744
7th Apr 2016, 21:31
Big words for a start up.
Unfortunately they pay only pocket money, 7000 pounds gross

Mr.White
8th Apr 2016, 10:19
Any idea on Capt. Salary?

What kind of roster? any chance to get something like 20 ON/ 10 OFF to commut from Europe to UK?

tom744
8th Apr 2016, 13:36
that is captain's salary.....befor UK tax.
They contribute 5% of salary to a pension fund, I guess you get also per diem and you got 12 off days a month but no idea if they could be consecutive.

Mr.White
8th Apr 2016, 14:01
They wont get 747 Capt for that salary, I hope so.

Whats wrong with this people?

torghabe
13th Apr 2016, 06:49
7000 pounds pocket money?? You have enough commodious pocket.

South Prince
13th Apr 2016, 10:16
if 7000 is gross total yes, it is very low.

main_dog
13th Apr 2016, 13:55
For an experienced B747 captain, that is nowhere near adequate.

SkyHawk1985
13th Apr 2016, 22:09
So what about the salary for an experienced F/O?

bafanguy
14th Apr 2016, 09:57
If the quoted figure is accurate, do you suppose they offer that amount because they find enough people who will accept it ?

SkyHawk1985
14th Apr 2016, 10:48
You never know. It depends the lifestyle that they offer as well.

ErwinS
14th Apr 2016, 16:29
7000 gross not enough???
Pilots........

What do you think all the supporting staff is being payed keeping you flyboys up in the air? Not even half!

RedBullGaveMeWings
14th Apr 2016, 18:25
I have no say on this matter as I don't even have a tenth of experience required for the job, but let me tell you ErwinS that two wrongs don't make a right.

coltrane
15th Apr 2016, 08:04
@ErwinS

7000 gross not enough???
Pilots........

What do you think all the supporting staff is being payed keeping you flyboys up in the air? Not even half!

Yeaa, these ever moaning, spoiled flyboys.. Spending 20 days a month away from home and hearth, chronically fatigued, divorced, with the ABN-AMRO at my back.. 3500 NET for a 74 skipper is just not right! that's 30% of the market conform remuneration

:ugh::ugh::ugh:

Flightmech
15th Apr 2016, 10:21
Like pilots are the only people in the aviation industry who spend 20 days away from home and suffer the same ailments you describe....:ugh::ugh::ugh:

DCBOE
15th Apr 2016, 15:31
If you whinging pilots don,t like it don,t do it, there are plenty of jobs for pilots all over the world, 747, 777, 787 and Airbus, but of course you all think you are so special and deserve so much, don,t even go there with how much training you have done, in this industry we have all done loads of training quite often a lot more than pilots.:=

coltrane
15th Apr 2016, 22:05
I'm not special, I'm not whining, I love my job!! (unlike frustrated peopel like DCBOE & Erwin it seems..) i just want to keep it like that.. Paying a 74 capt. the same as a 25 year old easy/ryanair FO is just not right.. That's all I'm trying to explain:O :ok:

main_dog
16th Apr 2016, 13:05
Boys, frankly you sound like you have a case of green eyes and sour grapes? Your average 747 skipper has gone through dozens of years of training and hard work to get to where he is, in command of (and solely responsible for) a 450 tonne machine worth over 250 million dollars (not to mention all the lives at stake, especially if flying passengers), and quite simply GBP7,000 gross is not even close to adequate. Even 7.000 net would be low.

Anyway fear not, the industry is going to pot from an employee's point of view, and passengers expect to pay less for the airplane ticket than the taxi ride to the airport. The salaries of line pilots in terms of spending power have gone down inexorably over the past twenty years and pretty soon we won't even be making that much... :{

Private jet
17th Apr 2016, 11:55
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a12MI9AdTPE

Only 7000? This "wise guy" has a similar attitude.

especially relevent from 1:38 on...

The Crew
20th Apr 2016, 06:17
The rated DECs will no doubt come from the industry spoilers ... BA

Flightmech
20th Apr 2016, 11:31
Why would you say that? There is no affiliation with BAWC in this operation. I assume you are referring to the well-documented GSS "secondee" arrangement.

trancada
20th Apr 2016, 15:14
This is the second week that, this company advertises in FLIGHT INTERNATIONAL, for TR pilots.

My question is , are there many TR pilots on 747 pilots available?

Because , CAE Parc aviation is also looking for Slikways Airlines in Azerbaijan.

Cargolux China , and some Far East companies also looking for it..

ETOPS
27th Apr 2016, 16:06
This is the second week that, this company advertises in FLIGHT INTERNATIONAL, for TR pilots.

That's because they are getting a second aircraft G-CLAB B747-83QF currently at KPAE painted in the "Seahawks" scheme.

trancada
30th Apr 2016, 05:21
Great news !

Intruder
3rd May 2016, 18:53
Looks like Boeing finally sold their early heavyweight 748s! The first "Seahawk" airplane went away just over a year ago, and the 2nd one was painted soon thereafter.

ErwinS
4th May 2016, 15:09
@ErwinS

Yeaa, these ever moaning, spoiled flyboys.. Spending 20 days a month away from home and hearth, chronically fatigued, divorced, with the ABN-AMRO at my back.. 3500 NET for a 74 skipper is just not right! that's 30% of the market conform remuneration

:ugh::ugh::ugh:

Yes like the engineers who are based in places you never would normally go. Staying in a cheap ass hotel. Working night shifts to get your aircraft ready. Doing overtime to get your! aircraft ready. And in the end when an accident happens? Its the engineer who put his sign under the release! Fixing things most likely the flyboys broke. And with the pressure of the whole operation on his back. And that for a mere 2700eu.... including travel expence.

Pilots.....

still here
6th May 2016, 05:42
know your value, if people will not pay it, do not do it.
there is no point agreeing to a rate, then complaining.

main_dog
10th May 2016, 07:29
Erwin, sounds like you chose the wrong profession... ;-)

ErwinS
10th May 2016, 11:26
No. I am scared to fly;-P

fabvirgil
10th May 2016, 15:14
Does anyone have any info on the interview procedure. I know the salary, but any other info on Ts and Cs?

SkyHawk1985
5th Jun 2016, 10:10
Any info about the fleet expansion and new routes?

trancada
6th Jun 2016, 23:09
Seems that a new 748 is coming soon.

trancada
6th Jun 2016, 23:10
What is the salary?

Zapper27
8th Jun 2016, 09:51
Hi all,

The seconned aircraft is due in a couple of weeks, more to come in a quite short period! CLA has a excellent team, flightcrews, but also in the office, a very nice company to work for!

The pilot conditions have recently been adjusted, basepay, sector pay etz.....

Happy landings

Zapper

trancada
8th Jun 2016, 13:04
It’s nice to know !

SkyHawk1985
8th Jun 2016, 20:56
I can confirm what Zapper27 is saying. It seems to be a very nice and promising company.

AdzMc
9th Jun 2016, 11:28
Does anybody know what CLA's plans are with recruitment? I've seen them advertising for ages, wanting type rated FO's and Captains, but I can't imagine many pilots wanting to make the jump as they're probably already flying for legacy carriers like BA and Virgin etc.

dan1165
21st Dec 2017, 08:29
They are specialized for not responding to emails :hmm: ...

slam_dunk
16th Feb 2018, 18:32
This link is helpfull for you: CargoLogicAir pilot jobs news for airline pilots and aviation schools (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/Cargologicair)
Paying is in GBP, but for those who are not living in the UK: for 2018 there is a fixed exchange rate offered at Euro 1,20 to the pound.
Kind regards, S_D

trancada
4th Mar 2018, 20:32
Any rumours for a fleet expansion?

slam_dunk
23rd Jul 2018, 06:03
Volga-Dnepr and CargoLogic sign huge commitment for 29 B777Fs and 5 B747s ? Air Cargo News (http://www.aircargonews.net/news/airline/freighter-operator/single-view/news/vogla-dnepr-and-cargologic-sign-huge-commitment-for-29-b777fs-and-5-b747s.html)

trancada
24th Jul 2018, 11:37
Cargologicair will expand with B737BCF, B767, B777 and add more B747-8

mole man
17th Aug 2018, 13:34
I had a call from an agency looking for Loadmasters, they would not tell me who, may be Cargo Logic any body else been approached.

Mole Man

CargoMatatu
18th Aug 2018, 08:09
It might be for Kalitta Air.
I see on LinkedIn that they are expanding and hiring across the board, including Loadmasters "worldwide".

trancada
29th Nov 2018, 21:41
They are hiring again TR and NTR

aceman18
18th Jan 2019, 13:03
I've seen CLA are recruiting NTR First Officers.
There's a bit of info on the job advert regarding T's and C's, but very little regarding rosters and yearly block time. Could anyone shed any light on how many hours to expect a year?

GE115b
21st Jan 2019, 09:36
Just wondering what the gross and net is for a FO?

Also looking into the future a little, what would be time to command and the gross/ net for a CPT?

Cheers

Rougueg
1st Feb 2019, 10:37
Looking for any info.

current rosters
time to command
what it's like as a company to work for
hotel standard
any likelihood of a payrise?
aircraft and maintenance standards?
Roster stability.
bonding arrangements

Thank you for your help

slam_dunk
9th Aug 2019, 07:42
See: CargoLogicAir pilot jobs news for airline pilots and aviation schools (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/CargoLogicAir)

SkyHawk1985
9th Aug 2019, 07:55
That’s strange as they reducing their fleet by 25%. They will/already parked 1 aircraft. I am surprised that they still want to recruit

SaulGoodman
10th Aug 2019, 07:47
That’s strange as they reducing their fleet by 25%. They will/already parked 1 aircraft. I am surprised that they still want to recruit

Are you sure of this?

SkyHawk1985
10th Aug 2019, 08:18
Yeah unfortunately that’s true. I think it will be G-CLBA

SkyHawk1985
10th Aug 2019, 16:50
There is another rumor now that the current CEO quit. Hopefully the company will be reconstructed and go forward

SkyHawk1985
20th Nov 2019, 11:37
News regarding CLA. Unfortunately the future does not seem bright. The management announced 50% job cuts - at least flight crew. They had stopped flying to ATL, MEX, IAH and DWC. They have announced as well that they will stay with 2 aircraft. Very sad news. I really wish they will recover.

Twiglet1
12th Feb 2020, 14:41
https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/85964-uks-cargologicair-ends-b747-8f-ops

SkyHawk1985
12th Feb 2020, 16:02
The ex-Martinair management did a great job - NOT. Unfortunately the days of this company are numbered. They have 2 planes now but only one seems to fly once every 2 weeks or so.

Tace
12th Feb 2020, 18:07
Many Cargo companies are suffering due to the US-China trade embargo and now the coronavirus outbreak.
Still you always have a choice...... find the door and leave, or stay and be part of the team working towards a solution.
Appreciate if there was less unwanted influence by AirBridgeCargo and more competent, stronger willed senior managers matters may have been, or can still be, better.

sewushr
12th Feb 2020, 19:28
The reduction to 2 aircraft (50% cut in capacity) was announced by parent company the Volga Dnepr Group some time ago.

C-H Aviation's (paywalled) 'news' story about them ceasing B747-8 ops is also a bit dated. Think G-CLAB may not have flown for CargoLogicAir since late December and it was de-registered on transfer to Air Bridge Cargo on 3rd February.

SkyHawk1985
17th Feb 2020, 19:38
Many Cargo companies are suffering due to the US-China trade embargo and now the coronavirus outbreak.
Still you always have a choice...... find the door and leave, or stay and be part of the team working towards a solution.

Of course definitely i would leave asap. Everything else it would be a gamble for the family's and personal well being. Nobody wants to play with that, i suppose. I always try to see the trend and in this case the trend is negative. How on earth a company is going to survive by having 2 planes sitting around and flying a couple of times in a week. Planes have to fly in order to make money. Now the coronavirus outbreak indeed affected the pax flying but cargo companies like Cargolux just released a couple of days ago strong China cargo market.
https://delano.lu/d/detail/news/coronavirus-cargolux-expects-china-flights/209476 . Now i understand that there must always be some hope, especially the employees who invested time in this company but I would strongly suggest to try and be a bit more realistic. Tho whole VD group seems to struggle after the NATO contract cancelation almost 2 years ago. ABC alegently is struggling to pay the crews and rumor says that CLA was called by the UK CAA to justify their business plan. Generally since the new ex-Martinair management came into power they were only bad news and this is not my opinion it is the fact. Another rumor says that the company had to find a DFO asap and got a 70 year old pensioner. I don't know if all these are true or just rumors but if i was still working in this company i would definitely struggle to sleep.

FrontRunner
18th Feb 2020, 15:45
Now the coronavirus outbreak indeed affected the pax flying but cargo companies like Cargolux just released a couple of days ago strong China cargo market.
https://delano.lu/d/detail/news/coronavirus-cargolux-expects-china-flights/209476

No, Cargolux did not release "a couple of days ago strong China cargo market."

Read the article! The airline wrote on Friday: “We expect our service to China to increase in the coming weeks to accommodate the resumption of factory production. These flights will, however, be operated in accordance with recommendations from the WHO and other regulatory bodies as well as Cargolux’s own restrictions including no crew layovers in China.
The airline anticipated a backlog of work to “replenish inventory levels and to provide required parts and materiel for manufacturers outside of China, e.g. the automobile industry. This situation could well result in a surge in demand for air freight capacity out of China when production recommences,” it wrote.

"Expect," "anticipate" "and could" are not facts, as a 'pilot' you should know that!

So now let's look at the FACTS in that same article:

In a press release issued on Friday evening, Cargolux said that the outbreak, combined with the Chinese New Year, had a “significant impact on demand for air freight out of China as many factories have not yet re-opened.”

As a result, Cargolux and Cargolux Italia reduced their frequencies into China to adjust to the market situation.

Look at FlightRadar24 and you'll see most flights to the Middle East turn around and fly back empty to LUX, instead of continuing to HKG and flights to/from CGO, PVG, PEK, XMN are a fraction of what they normally would be. Only a few flights continue to the Far East from the Middle East and ASB.

How is this a "strong China cargo market?"

SkyHawk1985
19th Feb 2020, 14:05
I guess this post isn't about Cargolux but Cargologic. The fact IS that today they announced they will suspend the operations for the next couple of months. It was an article regarding the coronavirus results. If as an airline you expect to pick up the backlog of the ops i think you should try at least to hang in there. CLA crews and employees are paying very expensive the total mess that the previous management left. I really wish the best for them. P.S. FrontRunner you seem a bit stressed out, chill out buddy.

What about this article then?
https://www.aircargonews.net/airlines/freighter-operator/emirates-skycargo-reports-good-demand-on-chinese-freighter-flights/

Tace
20th Feb 2020, 10:02
SkyHawk1985, I take it you are or were a CLA employee, my guess is you are working for the company still (or has a partner in the company) as all you seemingly post is about CLA. I hope the 1985 in your name doesn't relate to your DOB or when you started in the industry as I am sure that you could be easily identified and you could be in a sticky situation with your posts if the CLA management wanted to check up on you! :oh:
Here is hoping that no airline goes under because the company uses COVID-19 as an excuse.
And Front Runner, thanks for balancing the statement submitted by SkyHawk1985. All facts must be considered, as should the wording within. :)

SkyHawk1985
20th Feb 2020, 15:15
No i am not working for this company nor an affiliate. You are guessing wrong. I would never share info. If i don't like it were i am working and my job conditions i always try to change that myself and not start moaning. That's not my style. It is just lets say I was a huge supporter of this setup and i got disappointed by the previous management. By the way i am not sharing secret info. When the CAA is involved any reporter who wants to find what's going on, they just can call them. At the end of the day are they flying? nope. Have they reduced fleet? Yes. Its simple its not any secret. I really wish they can recover

Flightmech
25th Feb 2020, 13:14
Looking worse....

https://www.aircargonews.net/airlines/freighter-operator/market-talk-cargologicair-suspends-operations/

Rottweiler22
27th Feb 2020, 19:59
https://www.flightglobal.com/airlines/cargologicair-suspends-operations-as-chinese-situation-bites/136969.article

A sad end. It’s already on Wikipedia as ceasing ops on 9th Feb. Website down too. My heart goes out to all involved, I know exactly what it’s like.

SaulGoodman
28th Feb 2020, 07:46
ACG also suspends ops. 3 747’s.

aBlon
29th Feb 2020, 17:58
I am so lucky.... i have passed the interview at their offices near Heathrow last march with their HR head and an Ex-Ba Cpt TRI/TRE on the 747, very kind gentleman and honest too when i asked him at the end few questions about the operations and some advices as well. In the other hand this young lady (Head of HR) and her totally UNPROFESSIONAL behaviour on her replies through email after the interview (which was successful), in fact she never replied to me when i asked about taxation and such things so i did understand that the management or at least part of it was totally unorganised/inexperienced. All that plus the joke money they were offering for a first officer position made me not bother to even go to the simulator assessment in Frankfurt.
Very sad news though for the people working there...seems that 2020 will not be a great year not only in aviation but in a lot of industries.

N707ZS
22nd Apr 2020, 18:23
Just seen news they are starting up again with two 747Fs.

hailstone
23rd Apr 2020, 05:24
Just seen news they are starting up again with two 747Fs.

707 -
who, ACG ? do you have a source ?

N707ZS
23rd Apr 2020, 06:51
Traced my steps from yesterday and found the website with it on. Hope it helps someone.

https://www.aircargonews.net/airlines/freighter-operator/cargologicair-set-to-restart-services-with-two-b747fs/

hailstone
23rd Apr 2020, 09:17
Traced my steps from yesterday and found the website with it on. Hope it helps someone.

https://www.aircargonews.net/airlines/freighter-operator/cargologicair-set-to-restart-services-with-two-b747fs/

indeed, thanks - let's see if and when they (Cargo Logic Air / CLA and not Air Cargo Global / ACG) will take off again - am certain that their "parent" is keen on capitalizing on current rate levels

negativeclimb
23rd Apr 2020, 13:52
one of their airplanes is already in the air according to FR24.

GKOC41
23rd Apr 2020, 16:45
Makes sense there is hugh demand

SkyHawk1985
25th Apr 2020, 09:36
These are very good news!!! Of course as i said in a previous post they should wait and they actually made it! Covid-19 maybe a killer for the pax flying but is an opportunity for the cargo airlines to serve the world and expand. Hopefully they will stay for long this time!