PDA

View Full Version : IACO Multi conversion to CAA Multi

Dude~
26th Jun 2002, 05:55
This is very similar to a topic I started a while back, the difference being that this time I am refering to the CAA and not the JAA. I have recently gained a couple of multi type endorsements in Audtralia and would like to convert them when I return to Blighty. I have a CAA PPL so presumably I would not be seeking to get a JAA multi rating (or whatever it is they call it thesedays), rather a CAA Multi, if they still do it. Therefore, do I simply have to show evidence of having completed 7 hrs dual in a twin with 3.5 hrs asymetric time? Will I still have to do a flight test?
Any comments gratefully received.

BEagle
26th Jun 2002, 06:14
Suggest that you buy a copy of LASORS from the CAA at the cost of £5 - this should answer most of your queries.

You can only add a Multi Engine Piston Class Rating or a Type Rating to your 'UK' PPL by completing JAR-FCL requirements of training and testing. There is no such thing as a 'CAA Multi' - presumably you mean the old Group B rating?

If you're not going to use a multi engine rating in the UK, then why bother? It is very expensive to maintain proficiency and to revalidate your rating as the rules have changed substantially under JAR-FCL........

Dude~
27th Jun 2002, 01:11
Thanks, by the way, what does LASORS stand for?
Some of its coming back to me now. The old group B class is what I meant, but its all under JAR now isnt it, which of course means that recency requirments are similar and in addition to SE piston, I think, requiring 12 flights with 'cruise' sectors of at least 15 min andI think 12 hrs evrery 25 months or something! Anyway, its fun flying twins and yes I want to fly one back in blighty if I can get a half decent job!