PDA

View Full Version : solo flight for renewal sep . or ssea issue?

much2much
30th Mar 2016, 11:03
the local fi, has suggested ,solo practice, to a student/pilot in his laa aircraft,the student?has a lapsed ppl sep and current microlight rating,but no medical except a declaration,

is solo practice legal, could it be done under the guise of practice for the issue of ssea?

VladimirPuchar
30th Mar 2016, 12:14
Hi man.
Check your local laws. The student with lapsed PPL SEP but in other hand valid ULL without any valid medical certificate can not fly in solo.

Genghis the Engineer
30th Mar 2016, 12:15
If it's supervised by an FI; yes, it's perfectly legal.

The button on the left, second from bottom, makes letters capitals by the way.

G

The Ancient Geek
30th Mar 2016, 12:59
If the pilot wants to get his PPL back he would be well advised to get his Class 2 medical sorted before spending more money.

Genghis the Engineer
30th Mar 2016, 13:26
He can still fly on an NPPL(SSEA) with a declaration.

G

The Ancient Geek
30th Mar 2016, 18:47
Yebbut the original msg implies that he wanted to get his PPL SEP back. He will need a Class 2 for this and there is no point in spending money when he might fail the medical so rather do it first. As you say, he can still use his NPPL but spending on getting the PPL back would be silly. Rather spend the money on flying types that his NPPL allows.

This does, of course, raise the question of why have an NPPL rather that a full PPL, I suspect that the medical is an issue in many cases.

Genghis the Engineer
30th Mar 2016, 19:01
The vast majority of people with NPPL(SSEA) do so on medical grounds I think.

But, in the meantime - yes he can fly under FI supervision, which was the question.

G

much2much
31st Mar 2016, 07:40
The button to which you refer, is end call on my phone,your assumption MAY BE THAT, i am using a P.C.

and in fact,if i were it may be three buttons up,depending on the shift key!

any how thanks. under F.I, supervision then , A.T.O. required?

Genghis the Engineer
31st Mar 2016, 09:08
You're obviously not using English as your first language, so sorry if I was overly rude. Like many middle aged Brits, I tend to be quite previous about sentence structure - although I think that most languages start sentences with capital letters, even when writing on a phone.

More importantly - FI supervision is definitely required; since this isn't first solo I don't believe that it needs to be an unrestricted FI, but I don't believe that this is within the privileges of a CRI. I suspect that that RTF/ATO question is slightly ambiguous, and doing it outside of a training facility unlikely to create problems; but, if challenged CAA would probably say that it is required as a course completion certificate would need signing prior to skill test, and that would be issued within a training facility.

G

much2much
1st Apr 2016, 12:53
O, it,s not even a smart phone,and swapping keyboards with big hands is not a easy task,and of course we poor native how have to use P.A.Y.G.the cost of connection is scary.

mikehallam
1st Apr 2016, 14:26
G,
NPPL type Medical 'Self Declaration' also saves a bomb once the medical becomes every year & works for PPL used as NPPL.

For Original qu. FYI
I know PAYG costs a lot but Three have a 123 scheme where mails etc. are really cheap.

mike hallam