PDA

View Full Version : FI(A)

snake wow wow
29th Mar 2016, 09:48
May an FI with CRI(A), FI(A) CPL,IR,ME,ME/IR,Night instruct on SEP(land)?
Has also valid SEP(land) on the license
Additionally may he instruct IR on SEP(land)?
Many thanks!

nick14
29th Mar 2016, 11:31
Did you gain your FI on an SEP? If so yes as long as you have a valid SEP.

Edgington
29th Mar 2016, 14:26
No you may not. You are not an IRI until you have done that course you can only do the basic IF required for a PPL, but not teach for a IR.

snake wow wow
29th Mar 2016, 15:45
The initial SEP/IR - IRI course was done 30 years ago...

snake wow wow
29th Mar 2016, 16:45
The initial SEP/IR - IRI course was done 30 years ago...,Have IRI MEP, so can I take a profcheck on SEP/IR?

Whopity
29th Mar 2016, 17:28
The initial SEP/IR - IRI course was done 30 years ago... To teach for the IR you must have a valid IR and have 200 hours under IFR

so can I take a profcheck on SEP/IR? Yes, but that would only revalidate IR privileges for SE

As all instruction needs to be conducted at an ATO they should be able to advise you.

snake wow wow
29th Mar 2016, 18:03
What I meant is "can I take a profcheck from a candidate as an examiner having had an IRI SEP, but now have a IRI MEP". As an examiner I have CRE(A),FE(A) and IRE(A).
Always appreciate your comments because I feel to know the stuff!

Whopity
29th Mar 2016, 18:52
Your Examiner Certificate should tell you what you can do. Assuming that you are an IRE (SPA) then if you were able to conduct an IR prof check on a MEP and have now gained a SEP Class rating, then that would still be a SP IR.

snake wow wow
29th Mar 2016, 19:20
Thanks, FAA rules are simpler and more logic but we're now stuck with EASA and unfortunately the swim will continue for some more time...