PDA

View Full Version : METAR website for smartphones

vladr
25th Mar 2016, 18:14
Hello!

I made a little website for my own personal use, but anybody is welcome to use it: VMC Today (http://vmc.today)

It provides a quick way to check the METAR and TAF for a particular airport.
Easy to remember address and specifically designed to be mobile friendly.

It also tries to analyze the METAR to give a quick verdict if it's VMC or not. (The predefined minima is my personal one, so don't take it for an authority.)

It's easy to find your desired station/airport: type 3 letters searches by IATA code, type 4 it searches by ICAO. If you type more than 4 it searches by airport full name.

If your browser provides the location info, it will show you a list of nearby airports. You can also type "near xx,xx xx,xx" where xx are some GPS coordinates. Or you can type "near yyyy" where yyyy is an ICAO code and it will show airfields nearby that airfield, with distance and bearing arrow.

It also provides information about the airfield, elevation and a quick skyvector chart.

Hope you find it useful!

Vlad

swopiv
27th Mar 2016, 20:39
I like it. Clean interface with all relevant info to hand. I'm sure it will prove useful.

kindupnorth
27th Mar 2016, 21:07
Aeroweather lite !!!

vladr
30th Mar 2016, 07:47
Aeroweather lite !!!
I don't see the purpose of your post. This is a website which works on any browser, any device. You are screaming about an IOS app.

Genghis the Engineer
30th Mar 2016, 13:30
Whilst I tend to use Aviation Tools Free for Android for this, I can't deny that this is a very nice bit of programming - as Swopiv said, nice clean interface, only what you actually want, clear and simple interpretation. I suspect that I'll be using it.

My compliments.

G

soay
31st Mar 2016, 10:03
Good stuff! For peace of mind, which source are you using for the data?

Togue
4th Apr 2016, 03:58
Try METAM.
It is very good.

byteworks
4th Apr 2016, 06:06
While is not a website but a multi device app, it serves the same purpose and more: Telegram -> autorouter bot.

Saab Dastard
4th Apr 2016, 19:26
Metam is no longer available:

Metam - A different kind of METAR & TAF viewer (http://www.aeroperf.com/metam/)

SD