PDA

View Full Version : PPL Skills test passed

iainpoll
25th Jun 2002, 19:15
Yes, Yes, Yes!!!

Delighted to say passed first time, wasn't as bad as I thought. Even got my PFL right for a change. Thanks to everyone for your kind words of encouragement.

Iain.

AerBabe
25th Jun 2002, 19:25
That's GREAT news, very very many congratulations!! :) I bet the weather today was just about perfect for it!
So... come on then... give us the juicy details. What was your route? Where was your diversion to? Did the examiner play any nasty tricks on you? How long were you up? How big is your grin? :D

sennadog
25th Jun 2002, 20:54
Iain, congrats! You must be chuffed. Well done and enjoy your pint this evening.

iainpoll
25th Jun 2002, 21:03
Thanx AerBabe, you are a star!

OK, you asked for it :)

My route was Stapleford - Battle - Faversham.

I found Battle OK although I was a little off track to the left (wind was weird today). I headed off to Faversham, only to be diverted to Sheerness. Found this without drama.

Only trick he played was to follow the 320 radial back to Stapleford, which would have taken me straight over a danger area. Fortunately, I saw through his little trick.

After this just the normal set of stalls, slow flight, PFL'S, steep turns etc. Back to Stapleford for a glide approach (go around), a flapless, and then a normal powered landing.

I am sooo happy I could do a little dance! ATPL'S is September.

Iain XXX

AerBabe
25th Jun 2002, 21:29
*gets map out and spends 5 minutes trying to find all these strange Southern places ;) *
Looks like a really lovely route! Lots of sea to look at, which is a rarity when you fly from Coventry :(
Sounds like everything went to plan. I reckon Sennadog missed the 's' off the end of 'pint'. Enjoy :D

iainpoll
25th Jun 2002, 23:08
Come to Stapleford AerBabe, be more then happy to show u around!:D :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: