PDA

View Full Version : Keef

Genghis the Engineer
24th Mar 2016, 11:05
I don't think he'd been active on PPrune for some time, preferring the other side at Flyer, but Keef - Keith Jillings - was at one time a very active member of PPrune and a very fair and well respected moderator.

He was a very keen private pilot, an enthusiastic and I'm sure able unpaid vicar of his parish (and equally well regarded padre to a few on PPrune and Flyer over the years)

I've just read elsewhere that Keef passed away last night, just before midnight. I believe that he had been ill, but don't know the details.

My thoughts are, of course, with his family at this sad time. He was a very lovely man who added much to this world.

G

Shaggy Sheep Driver
24th Mar 2016, 11:12
That's awful. I thought he was over the worst. Keef and I crossed swords on several occasions here and on the Flyer Forums and by now he either knows or doesn't which of us was correct.... but mutual respect remained. I'm glad I met him in person as well.

Condolences to 'M'.

Saab Dastard
24th Mar 2016, 11:32
Very sad news. I had a lot of respect for Keef, he will be missed by many.

SD

Small Rodent Driver
24th Mar 2016, 11:46
Could hardly believe I was reading this.

Whilst I never met the man other than via exchanges on here and the Flyer Forum, I always considered him a friend.

Condolences to his family and friends.

SRD

Sir Niall Dementia
24th Mar 2016, 12:17
Welcomed him a to a fly in I run a couple of times. A lovely gentleman who took joy in so many things. He will be greatly missed.

SND

vulcanised
24th Mar 2016, 12:26
Very sad news.

Another G3 silent key.

Pilot DAR
24th Mar 2016, 13:31
Thanks for the word Genghis, sad to hear....

Talkdownman
24th Mar 2016, 17:25
Deeply saddened to read about this sudden QSY enroute. A Top Man.

Sincere condolences to his family, loved ones, congregation, QSLs etc.

73s, Old Chap, wishing you permanent Victor Mike on top...

Jonzarno
24th Mar 2016, 20:46
Very sad news. I only knew him from the forums but even so I'll miss him.

treadigraph
24th Mar 2016, 23:58
Never met Keef but had lot of respect for him garnered entirely through his input here and on Flyer. Bless you sir and rest in peace.