PDA

View Full Version : Well Done Easyjet

garybell
22nd Mar 2016, 12:40
My wife and I were due to travel Easyjet to Malaga 23rd March but due to a family bereavement are now unable to go.
Travel insurance did not cover us as relative was not close enough.
As we were already checked in with Boarding passes we decided to phone Easy to let them know we would not be travelling. To our surprise they have sent us a "Flight Voucher" for the amount we paid for flights to be used in the next 6 months.
Many thanks to Easyjet.

Cymmon
22nd Mar 2016, 12:50
It's called PR, not normally know from some LCC's.

But now they basically know they have your money, but by that gesture of kindness you will be much more likely to travel with them again. That gives them extra money and a happy customer base who will recommend them to others....they enjoy the trip so recommend them to their friends......see a sequence?

A lesson other carriers need to learn.

Well done Easyjet.

Never flown with them before, but if they can give gestures like that then I'm willing to look if they fly the route I need. So already one extra possible passenger.

radar101
22nd Mar 2016, 13:31
Not a surprise. Last year I booked 8 of us on EasyJet for a holiday. The week before I phoned to tell them the my wife and I would not be flying as my mother had died - I acknowledged their no refunds policy but the lass on the phone said that in such circumstances they could exceptionally refund - and did so immediately.

No death certificate or anything required by them - I suppose it helped the believability that the other 6 were still flying.

Basil
22nd Mar 2016, 14:06
Because you've posted here, they are getting 'The halo effect' as explained to me by BA CC when we did some of our training together.

farci
23rd Mar 2016, 09:02
I agree- well done!

Perhaps easyJet learned something from how they mishandled this previous incident (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/easyjet-passenger-gets-free-coffee-for-saving-persons-life-on-plane-and-preventing-flight-from-a6923541.html) concerning a doctor who looked after a sick passenger

Piltdown Man
23rd Mar 2016, 19:58
A very pleasant gesture. Plus one in my estimation.

PM