PDA

View Full Version : A320 Go-Around Phase

dream747
21st Mar 2016, 08:39
Hi guys,

Quick query about the A320 Go-Around phase.

FCOM states that in the go-around, the FMS in the go-around phase makes no predictions until you exit to CLB or APR phase again. So CLB and DES modes are not available and flight crew must monitor constraints.

If you do a go-around and fly a published missed approach procedure that has an altitude constraint at a certain waypoint for example, which after passing then you are cleared to climb to the final missed approach altitude, would it be correct to say that if I set the final altitude for the published missed approach procedure during the instrument approach, I would bust the initial altitude constraint as there is no CLB mode?

Thanks for any clarification.

J.L.Seagull
21st Mar 2016, 09:53
Yes you would.

hph304
21st Mar 2016, 17:21
Yes, initial climb constraint is what you will set in the Alt window as G/A Alt.

Tail-take-off
25th Mar 2016, 07:29
FMGC altitude constraints will only be followed in CLB, DES or FINAL APP modes. In SRS, OP CLB, OP DES, V/S or FPA constraints are ignored and the FCU altitude will be captured.

CaptainProp
25th Mar 2016, 09:50
Remember to read/announce, and understand(!!), the FMA and you will know what the aircraft will do. Sounds simple but people forget reading the FMA all the time.

For the same reason, if I remember correct, there was a change some years ago in the sequence of callouts and events where announcing the FMA was moved from after "Positive climb - Gear up" to before the positive climb callout.

CP