PDA

View Full Version : Watch Logs

Too Fast
19th Mar 2016, 09:41
It seems that the official ATC watch logs are no longer available and my unit is struggling to find something that meets the criteria and is a reasonable size. What have other units been using? Does anyone have a link to where they got theirs from?

Thanks.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
19th Mar 2016, 10:06
Ahhh... the big green book! I imagine that like all things nowadays an electronic version will be introduced.

chevvron
19th Mar 2016, 13:10
My AFIS unit uses an A4 sized notebook available from most stationers.

almost professional
20th Mar 2016, 09:14
A4 Hardcover notebook for us at East Mids

Helen49
24th Mar 2016, 09:35
Yes.........but you really can't beat the real thing......the big green watch log.....built to last. These modern books, presumably purchased at WHSs, just aren't the same.....can't beat the real thing......nostalgia rules [as you get older]........now, where do I sign off watch........

TCAS FAN
24th Mar 2016, 09:43
Helen49

Possibly withdrawn due to the damage one could do hitting an ATSA with it if he dropped you in it, would never consider striking a female, she just lost her early go.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
24th Mar 2016, 10:14
Helen49 - nicely put. Somebody will tell me that they've scrapped the metal strip holders....

Helen49
24th Mar 2016, 13:49
What on earth is ATC coming to........no strip holders.....now they were useful for waking up sleeping ATSAs [!!].

They'll be dispensing with ATCOs next and then there wont be any EGs.

The times they are a changing!

2 sheds
24th Mar 2016, 15:07
The traditional watch log also had a certain dignity and formality which is sadly lacking from WHS's finest.
2 s

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
24th Mar 2016, 15:51
Indeed. One Sup at Heathrow, when logging even a minor incident, always included full flight plan info so you'd get: Bealine 666, Trident from LIRR, UG3, B16N, R3, UA4, LYD, BIG EGLL, reported some litter on the stand". Priceless!

Helen49.. where I first worked the metal strip holders were employed for removing mice which frequented the tops of our tins of Carnation during the night!

chevvron
25th Mar 2016, 03:42
We still had some metal strip holders at Farnborough when I started there. One of the controllers would come in in the morning and if a particular assistant was on duty, would grab a handful of the strip holders and shout 'here Joe, catch' and throw them at him!!

Talkdownman
25th Mar 2016, 08:29
The mean trick was to play a cigarette lighter under one before pushing it through the gap saying 'Here's a hot one for you, D...'

good egg
25th Mar 2016, 18:37
It seems that the official ATC watch logs are no longer available and my unit is struggling to find something that meets the criteria and is a reasonable size. What have other units been using? Does anyone have a link to where they got theirs from?

Thanks.

We have a stash of them...for a fee! ;)