PDA

View Full Version : FLS Sprint

Oscar Duece
25th Jun 2002, 13:06
Just curious about this little British single.

Saw them at a rally a few years back, Cranfield or North Weald. One completed the others in stages. Being offered by FLS of EGHH.

So who originally designed them and what has happened since. Looking on G-Info I notice the airframes are now registered to Aces High Ltd.

What does the future (if any) hold for the type. Is it another British plane going nowhere ?

Sad really they look very well built and a nifty little 2 seater.

:)

edited for spelling (twice)

Nopax,thanx
25th Jun 2002, 15:25
Didn't it start out as the Trago Mills SAH-1? (G-SAHI) Lovely looking little thing, we had it demonstrated to the Cambridge UAS at Marshalls a long long time ago..................

Oscar Duece
26th Jun 2002, 15:05
Only one reply ?

I thought PPRune was the fountain of all aviation knowledge ?

:rolleyes:

Fast Erect
26th Jun 2002, 19:48
There is one parked up at Fairoaks.....try ringing them to find out who owns it.

gaffney3
28th Jun 2002, 17:28
They are the SAH-1. You would have seen them at Aerofair at North Weald. They used to wheel them out every year. If they are still registered to Aces High then they are probably still at North Weald. You can always fly in and ask or call Alan or Keith at the Squadron, they are very helpful.

ifonly
29th Jun 2002, 10:10
The one at Fairoaks is used by the owner of Aces High. Lovely aircraft especially the 160.

I've got a 1996 sales brochure for them when they were trying to sell the whole project including 6 aircraft.

M14P
29th Jun 2002, 14:01
I did the airtest on the (only?) one still going last year. Not bad at all but the man to ask is Mr Farley (often known in these parts, I think he may have evaluated the aircraft for HMGov't).

I thought that the aircraft was classically British - Good control harmony - 'standard' spinning characteristics and woefully overbuilt in places and terribly thought out in others. I feel that its lack of success was down to it not being a giant leap on from the Bulldog (the slot that it was touted to fill).

All airframes and jigs are in the Aces High hangar at NW along with lumps of Opticas. Poor old british aviation - so near and yet so horribly underfunded/developed.