PDA

View Full Version : Looking Offshore

Phurdler
11th Mar 2016, 21:13
Hi All

I'm casting a line out for some help here. I'm a 24 y/o New Zealander with a CPL, Multi Engine Instrument command rating, C-Category instructor rating, done all my ATPL theory courses including basic gas turbine, Multi crew/ Airline integration course and a tail dragger rating for good measure. (Fun ;)) Currently sitting on 353 hours total..

I'm not sure where to find information on how I can work in places like the USA or UK. Has anyone made this move before that can provide any insight as to what I need to do to find work overseas?

Cheers.

AerocatS2A
12th Mar 2016, 06:51
Do you have the right to work in those places?

Australia is an option where you do have the right to work and there seems to be a bit of movement at the moment.

Phurdler
13th Mar 2016, 22:40
Unfortunately I dont have passports or lineage in either so as far as having the right to work in either I'm not sure, probably not. Ive been hearing things about Australia which is something I'm definitely looking into.

What I'm keen to know is if anyone has moved overseas for this reason that can help me to talk to the right people or get the ball rolling in at least the right direction.

megan
15th Mar 2016, 01:54
Have a look at Susi in Indonesia, a kicking off ground to quite a few. You'll find mates there (Kiwis).