PDA

View Full Version : Class Rating Renewal - Hours Building - Sign off required?

Scoobster
10th Mar 2016, 12:06
My SEP is up for renewal this September..

I know that the following applies:

12hrs in the previous 12 months including 12 take offs & landings & 6hrs PIC.
1hr dual with an instructor.

My question:

The bulk of my hours will be completed in the USA.. Do I need to get these signed off from the CFI at the rental outfit to make these count?

I would hate to find out they didnt.

Thanks.

Scoobster

Genghis the Engineer
10th Mar 2016, 12:14
No, not necessary - but having proof you flew them makes life easier for the examiner signing it off.

The instructor needs to have been a EASA qualified instructor - FAA qualified instructors don't count.

All of this should have been in the air law exam notes when you did your PPL.

G

flybymike
11th Mar 2016, 23:32
All of this should have been in the air law exam notes when you did your PPL.

G Certainly not in the 1983 air law exam when neither EASA or the entire concept of ratings even existed.

Scoobster
11th Mar 2016, 23:52
No, not necessary - but having proof you flew them makes life easier for the examiner signing it off.

The instructor needs to have been a EASA qualified instructor - FAA qualified instructors don't count.

Well the outfit is an FAA operator so no EASA instructors here!

The information was in the PPL Air Law but further clarity never hurt anyone..easier to ask then dig out the books that are sitting back home.

Mach Jump
12th Mar 2016, 03:46

Genghis is quite right.

The Examiner who signs your Revalidation is only required to look in your logbook to determine your experience, but it is always a good practice to get a senior figure at whatever organisation you did your flying, to certify the entries correct, preferably with a company rubber stamp.

You can include instructional flights with FAA Instructors in the total, but the required 'instructional flight of at least one hour' must be with an EASA Instructor, and he should record his EASA Licence number, and signature in the remarks column.

MJ:ok: