View Full Version : Qantas Link Trainee First Officer Level 1&2

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Flyboy1987
30th Jan 2017, 03:39
Do you know how to contact HR? I've can't for the life of me find a phone number and emailed [email protected] is this the correct email?
cheers

Pink panther, pm me and I'll reply with some details.

donkey767
11th Feb 2017, 11:54
It's a shame they're putting through UNSW people over level 2 trainees...

mikewil
11th Feb 2017, 20:11
Word from HR last week was that level 2 trainees won't see much movement until about mid-year sadly (August onwards).

Any word on the level 1 trainees?

hillbillybob
18th Feb 2017, 10:04
wonder how many unsw got through, had one at my sim group

Fujiroll76
20th Feb 2017, 23:38
There will be no movement for level 1 trainees in 2017. Your best bet would be to build hours and update to direct entry. Even level 2's will struggle getting a spot with the calibre on the hold file.

mikewil
21st Feb 2017, 00:19
There will be no movement for level 1 trainees in 2017.

Are there even any Level 1 trainees who have been interviewed?

AreaRuleAce
21st Feb 2017, 00:32
There will be no movement for level 1 trainees in 2017. Your best bet would be to build hours and update to direct entry. Even level 2's will struggle getting a spot with the calibre on the hold file.

Where did you get your info from Fuji? Are they moving away from mixing the experience levels per course? Or still weighting the mix towards mostly DE candidates?

I'd be interested to find out how many are in the hold file and how many there are from each recruitment stream?

Fujiroll76
22nd Feb 2017, 09:33
Are there even any Level 1 trainees who have been interviewed?

I highly doubt it. The training pathway has not even been constructed yet.

Fujiroll76
22nd Feb 2017, 09:39
Where did you get your info from Fuji? Are they moving away from mixing the experience levels per course? Or still weighting the mix towards mostly DE candidates?

I'd be interested to find out how many are in the hold file and how many there are from each recruitment stream?

20 candidates mixed across both fleets and bases..mainly BRIS/SYD are commencing every 6 weeks. Last I heard the hold file was around 80. Direct entries are preferred but not to say some level 2's are a better candidate than some DE's.

If your on the hold..keep living your life, the call will come.

Flyboy1987
23rd Feb 2017, 00:54
How do the unsw guys get picked for ground school? Are they in the same active hold file or just given a spot on the course? Would be disappointing if they were given a spot over a DE applicant.

Arewegettingjets
23rd Feb 2017, 05:37
How do the unsw guys get picked for ground school? Are they in the same active hold file or just given a spot on the course? Would be disappointing if they were given a spot over a DE applicant.

Why would that be disappointing?

Flyboy1987
23rd Feb 2017, 06:10
Why would that be disappointing?

Because the guys that qualify DE have worked hard to meet those minimums. They've probably done everything in the power, sacrificed a lot, and taken on all advice the previous generation have given about building experience and the rest will follow, to be overtaken at the line by someone will 200 hours in their logbook. Surely a DE applicant would add more value in the cockpit and to the company than a freshie? Isn't that why just about every company in Australia has some sort of minimums?

Arewegettingjets
23rd Feb 2017, 07:11
Because the guys that qualify DE have worked hard to meet those minimums. They've probably done everything in the power, sacrificed a lot, and taken on all advice the previous generation have given about building experience and the rest will follow, to be overtaken at the line by someone will 200 hours in their logbook. Surely a DE applicant would add more value in the cockpit and to the company than a freshie? Isn't that why just about every company in Australia has some sort of minimums?

Who's to say these UNSW guys and girls haven't made sacrifices? You make a comment about experience, there are some DE guys who arent setting the world on fire at present. The fact is everyone is trained to the same standard, the cadet v GA entrant argument has been done to death.

I'm struggling to grasp your comment about being 'overtaken', run your own race, worry about yourself.

Flyboy1987
23rd Feb 2017, 07:23
Who's to say these UNSW guys and girls haven't made sacrifices? You make a comment about experience, there are some DE guys who arent setting the world on fire at present. The fact is everyone is trained to the same standard, the cadet v GA entrant argument has been done to death.

I'm struggling to grasp your comment about being 'overtaken', run your own race, worry about yourself.

My initial comment was never ga v cadet? I was enquiring whether the unsw applicants go into the hold file alongside The DE and are then picked according to where they rank, or if they are empty spots in each intake saved for the unsw guys?

avi8r84
2nd Mar 2017, 23:44
Has anyone had any luck with some actual contact details for Q Link HR?

hillbillybob
3rd Mar 2017, 04:39
some Level 1 guys getting emails about psychometric testing today

Bones13
4th Mar 2017, 22:34
On the Qlink careers page for Direct Entry it specifies:
or 250 hours or greater PIC of a single engine turbine aircraft greater than 3,400kg MTOW

Has anyone actually got in with SE turbine in lieu of multi?

Left 270
5th Mar 2017, 00:35
Yep. A few I'm aware of. All had some multi just not the minimums.

Flyboy1987
6th Mar 2017, 00:44
Can I get away without completing the psych testing within the specified 3 days...

I know everybody doesn't like psych testing but I need to practise for this stuff... It's really not my thing. Especially with a busy weekend of work etc.. I don't want to blow my chances before I even get an interview.

You started this thread exactly 12 months ago?
Haven't had time to prepare for a potential assessment?

Anyway, even if you had a week to practise I don't think it would help. The questions are left of field and made to make you feel you failed.
I think I know of one person who sat there's on the 4th day....still got invited for an asssent day.
Good luck!

F0z
21st Mar 2017, 17:57
Level 1's recently received emails asking for an update on experience/exams etc. and also asking for an expression of further interest in the program.

pblak
27th Mar 2017, 11:41
Does anyone know how to view current applications in the new recruitment system called Workday?

pblak
1st Apr 2017, 00:59
Gday Hold Filer. How long have you been on hold and are you DE?

Jay Bo
3rd Apr 2017, 09:13
Who conducts the sim and what aircraft type is it for those doing the assessment in Brisbane?

thanks

pblak
5th Apr 2017, 03:51
Hi pblak. I'm Traineeship Level 2. Having interviewed in Aug in Sydney, i was placed in the hold file 6 weeks later. About 6 months waiting.

Im DE on hold from November. Do you know anything about viewing our status and current application on the new Workday recruitment system? Ive been told Taleo is about to become redundant.

pinkpanther1
8th May 2017, 05:52
A course started today. When does the next one start? Has any body received phonecalls?

DE? Or traineeships?

pinkpanther1
8th May 2017, 09:19
DE from what I heard.

To answer your question. No, no info heard. Any idea of the hold file size now?

pblak
9th May 2017, 01:24
A course started today. When does the next one start? Has any body received phonecalls?

I foyu know people who have started yesterday, do you know how much notice people receive before the course commences?

donkey767
9th May 2017, 04:10
Pretty pathetic on Qlink's behalf that there are many quality Level 2's on hold with no clue when, or if, they'll ever get a call up. What was their aim of interviewing so many Level 2 applicants if they're only taking DE guys?

Jay Bo
10th May 2017, 00:22
[QUOTE= What was their aim of interviewing so many Level 2 applicants if they're only taking DE guys?[/QUOTE]

Well there about to interview a few more!!!

mikewil
10th May 2017, 00:38
What's the current story for Level 1's?

Has anyone who applied for level 1 actually progressed beyond the video interview stage?

pinkpanther1
10th May 2017, 05:28
Between 80 and 100 in the hold file.

Do you know the rate of movement off hold?

hillbillybob
10th May 2017, 09:17
the current rumour seems to be 4 weeks notice for courses, so if i course started this week and from memory they are every 6 weeks the next lot of calls id expect to be about a fortnight away.

Flyboy1987
11th May 2017, 01:25
Congratulations. How many? Are they mostly DE, FTA or L2? What bases?

This is the most news that has reached the forum for a long time. Cheers.

Most I know are DE, I only know of one trainee but not saying there aren't more. Also the guys from UNSW are getting starts.

If you're on hold the call will come. The market is heating up and there will be opportunities for everyone to jump up a few rungs quite quickly, don't let qlink be your only option.

pblak
22nd May 2017, 05:08
has anybody been contacted for the course commencing June 19th?

pinkpanther1
22nd May 2017, 05:17
has anybody been contacted for the course commencing June 19th?

Not a peep

Hold_Filer
24th May 2017, 00:47
I am amazed, no information from anyone?

pyrophoenix
1st Jun 2017, 14:36
So I applied for the Level 1 Trainee FO position way back and 3 weeks ago did the psychometric testing and then last Tuesday got the invite for an assessment and sim session in Sydney for next week. I'm confused as I thought there was a skype interview before the Sim session (not that I'm complaining) but has Q-Link recently changed their recruitment process?
And has anyone used Pinstripe for preparation and are they worth what they charge?
Cheers in advance :)

pinkpanther1
1st Jun 2017, 23:36
So I applied for the Level 1 Trainee FO position way back and 3 weeks ago did the psychometric testing and then last Tuesday got the invite for an assessment and sim session in Sydney for next week. I'm confused as I thought there was a skype interview before the Sim session (not that I'm complaining) but has Q-Link recently changed their recruitment process?
And has anyone used Pinstripe for preparation and are they worth what they charge?
Cheers in advance :)

No Skype interview, straight to the panel and group test. Didn't use Pinstripe and got through so it's up to you.

mikewil
8th Jun 2017, 13:47
Did anyone get an email earlier in the year asking for an update on details and whether or not you are still interested in the program (as they were moving to a new online system)?

I got this email and promptly replied but have not received anything further and no longer have a way of logging in to view my application as the system has changed and I have not been sent any new login details.

JY9024
9th Jun 2017, 03:39
Slightly off topic but better than starting a new post.
My daughter has decided to join the profession but does not have year 12 maths or physics.
Is this stil a requirement for Qantas link? I know it used to be but can no longer find it on the "required qualification" part of the website.
If it is required I believe there is a company that offered an accelerated course specifically for this.
Could someone drop me the contact.

Cheers.

Pacpilot
11th Jun 2017, 01:40
May not be the right place for this but taking a shot if anyone has any info for me please.
Would someone be able to tell me what the interview for jetstar regional NZ is like, i.e
What type of questions get asked?
What the pay for a new First officer is?
Time to command upgrade?
Thanks http://cdn.pprune.org/images/smilies/smile.gif

pacman3
11th Jun 2017, 07:35
may not be the right palce for this post but any help on this topic would be appreciated
Would someone be able to tell me what the interview for jetstar regional is like, i.e
What type of questions get asked?
What the pay for a new First officer is?
Time to command upgrade?
Thanks http://cdn.pprune.org/images/smilies/smile.gif

pinkpanther1
21st Jun 2017, 07:11
Heard from a source inside Qlink that they dont have any further courses planned? Is this due to lack of avalibity to run courses...last I heard they're still short.

pinkpanther1
23rd Jun 2017, 08:48
Hey mate

Did you get called up. Heard they wont be start course due not enough people.

Not enough training staff or potential employees?

Arewegettingjets
23rd Jun 2017, 23:34
I did not but a some guys at work did.

The current issue is sim training resources. From what I've heard QL doesn't have enough sim trainers so new recruits are completing ground school and are then placed on training reserve waiting for sim slots.

I wouldn't be disheartened if you haven't got the call up yet. Latest is 20 pilots every 6 weeks. So eventually they'll get to you if you're on the hold. A lot of FOs and Captains are moving on either overseas or to other operators within Australia.

QL is a good job with great people, it is an awesome workplace for anyone who wants to progress their career so remain patient and I'm sure they'll let you know once your number is up.

pblak
24th Jun 2017, 00:28
I did not but a some guys at work did.

Hi mate, did the people you know who got called have Brisbane as their first preference?

Jbrownie
24th Jun 2017, 04:15
Would this affect JQ NZ q300 guys as well as they get sent to syd for training?

hillbillybob
11th Jul 2017, 03:13
The job advert has gone from the recruitment page. Are they slowing up? Or are they going to start working through the hold file? It must be a long list.

And according to pinstripe on facebook the ad is back

aviator777
11th Jul 2017, 23:11
Is the current wave starting to recede? ?

pinkpanther1
14th Jul 2017, 03:29
Is the current wave starting to recede? ?

Has been reposted on the QF recruitment page, so my guess is no.

aviator777
14th Jul 2017, 03:43
Yes I noticed this morning 😊 that's good to see!

Merh
14th Jul 2017, 04:26
Is not having Senior Level Maths a deal breaker? Have a Year 12 Senior Certificate, but not a pass in the the required Maths?

lo_lyf
17th Jul 2017, 00:56
So we've all heard the nightmare stories of people being on hold for ages and never hearing a thing. For a bit of balance is there anyone out there who can quote a case of minimum time on the hold file? I've been hearing 2 months seems to be the 'perfect' outcome people are experiencing at the moment.

mrdeux
17th Jul 2017, 05:45
So we've all heard the nightmare stories of people being on hold for ages and never hearing a thing. For a bit of balance is there anyone out there who can quote a case of minimum time on the hold file? I've been hearing 2 months seems to be the 'perfect' outcome people are experiencing at the moment.

Historically they take the people that they want the most for each course. Some may come from the hold file, whilst others are never in it. And they clean the hold file out every now and then too.

pinkpanther1
17th Jul 2017, 06:11
Historically they take the people that they want the most for each course. Some may come from the hold file, whilst others are never in it. And they clean the hold file out every now and then too.

What do you mean by clean the hold file?

Head in the Cloud
27th Jul 2017, 00:33
Does anyone know if there are plans for a September course too? They are looking for sim instructors.

Hold_Filer
29th Jul 2017, 02:10
Does anyone know if there are plans for a September course too? They are looking for sim instructors.

Any @hold_filers get the call up? Theres a course starting Monday.

QF330
31st Jul 2017, 05:41
Any @hold_filers get the call up? Theres a course starting Monday.

Where is the training for this course conducted?

Capt Fathom
31st Jul 2017, 11:28
If you get the call up, you wouldn't give two-hoots where the training is done!

AirBoing
3rd Aug 2017, 05:30
If I have a Bachelor of Aviation, will I have a good chance of being recruited?

pilotchute
3rd Aug 2017, 12:02
I had to laugh today. Person gets offered level 2 interview. Explains that they have just clicked over enough hours for DE. HR tells this person to withdraw the trainee application and lodge a DE application.

Two weeks later gets an email saying sorry your not competitive for a DE position!!!

Arewegettingjets
3rd Aug 2017, 23:37
I had to laugh today. Person gets offered level 2 interview. Explains that they have just clicked over enough hours for DE. HR tells this person to withdraw the trainee application and lodge a DE application.

Two weeks later gets an email saying sorry your not competitive for a DE position!!!

Sounds believable. Nothing surprises or disappoints me anymore.

KRUSTY 34
4th Aug 2017, 01:10
HR!

Don't get me started. :yuk:

Hold_Filer
7th Aug 2017, 05:12
Did anyone get a September start? I have heard of no one and am thinking they are not running a course? DE or Traineeship. How many are on the hold file now?

Does anyone know?

hillbillybob
7th Aug 2017, 09:41
Did anyone get a September start? I have heard of no one and am thinking they are not running a course? DE or Traineeship. How many are on the hold file now?

Does anyone know?

I'd say calm down, based on the past I'd expect the calls for a September course if it happens to go out this week

Toluene Diisocyanate
7th Aug 2017, 09:51
If I have a Bachelor of Aviation, will I have a good chance of being recruited?
No more than someone without.

Seabreeze
7th Aug 2017, 23:19
Qlink does have an arrangement with UNSW....

Seabreeze

pinkpanther1
19th Aug 2017, 07:20

Does anyone know?

There will be a September, October and December course run this year. Not sure of 2018 plans.

bose1
20th Aug 2017, 03:52
Does anyone know if any Traineeship Level 2’s have got a start yet?

Hold_Filer
20th Aug 2017, 07:30
Does anyone know if any Traineeship Level 2’s have got a start yet?

Heard of 1 guy but only by a rumor.

never rains
22nd Aug 2017, 00:21
From what I've heard, the only Traineeship Level 2's who have got a start are the eligible UNSW students.

Looks like they're still favouring DE's. A couple of DE applicants from my work had an interview with Qlink 2 weeks ago and were told if they are successful they could expect to start early next year.

Hold_Filer
22nd Aug 2017, 09:26
From what I've heard, the only Traineeship Level 2's who have got a start are the eligible UNSW students.

Looks like they're still favouring DE's. A couple of DE applicants from my work had an interview with Qlink 2 weeks ago and were told if they are successful they could expect to start early next year.

This rumour is not a good one to hear. I can comprehend DE candidates getting selected to start ahead of trainees but not UNSW students when there are trainees who have been in the file for up to 12month. Does anyone have any feedback why this is?

pinkpanther1
22nd Aug 2017, 11:57
This rumour is not a good one to hear. I can comprehend DE candidates getting selected to start ahead of trainees but not UNSW students when there are trainees who have been in the file for up to 12month. Does anyone have any feedback why this is?

On the bright side if the rumor is correct it shows active recruitment plans continuing into next year.

lo_lyf
23rd Aug 2017, 07:13
Looks like they're still favouring DE's.

'Still' implies somebody expects this to change. Why should it?

A couple of DE applicants from my work had an interview with Qlink 2 weeks ago and were told if they are successful they could expect to start early next year.

Its interesting to hear HR divulging into when one might get a start date. Have not heard that one before. Good news.

Hold_Filer
23rd Aug 2017, 10:13
'Still' implies somebody expects this to change. Why should it?

Its interesting to hear HR divulging into when one might get a start date. Have not heard that one before. Good news.

Because they have a large number of hopefuls in holding already that are trainee category. This talent might go other places if they don't start offering jobs.

They give all interviewees an idea of time when asked. But its just a guide so you have some idea. I don't think based on facts.

pinkpanther1
23rd Aug 2017, 12:16
Because they have a large number of hopefuls in holding already that are trainee category. This talent might go other places if they don't start offering jobs.

They give all interviewees an idea of time when asked. But its just a guide so you have some idea. I don't think based on facts.

Shame, never got an estimate in my interview. Would have been good to get an idea.

rmcdonal
23rd Aug 2017, 20:54
This rumour is not a good one to hear. I can comprehend DE candidates getting selected to start ahead of trainees but not UNSW students when there are trainees who have been in the file for up to 12month. What? That pilots who have built some time get a go at an airline and 150hr 'never left home' pilots are not taken? :{:{:{:ugh:
This talent might go other places if they don't start offering jobs. Seriously just go. Don't ever wait on a job, non are guaranteed and none are yours before you actually have them.

Trainees take longer to train and take MUCH longer to get to command due minimal experience and low hours. With the loss over the past 2 years they can't afford to take on a 150hr hero when the Captain may also still have a clean cap.

DeltaRomeo650
24th Aug 2017, 02:22
Hmmmm on AFAP...

On QLink page:

Don't AFAP just copy/paste ads they receive from employers?

ATPL HF makes more sense to me.

In any case, I'd stick in an app except for the bit about NZCAA licence holders needing to convert to CASA licence before applying... That's NOT a quick or easy process from what I hear! :P

It's actually a really easy process and you could probably have it in a week if you were organised and did everything online. I've just done mine and processing with CASA was 4 days

hillbillybob
24th Aug 2017, 07:31
What? That pilots who have built some time get a go at an airline and 150hr 'never left home' pilots are not taken? :{:{:{:ugh:
Seriously just go. Don't ever wait on a job, non are guaranteed and none are yours before you actually have them.

Trainees take longer to train and take MUCH longer to get to command due minimal experience and low hours. With the loss over the past 2 years they can't afford to take on a 150hr hero when the Captain may also still have a clean cap.

I detect some hatred there. Most of the candidates on my group day were working pilots in the 500 to 1200 hour range or more but ineligible for DE due to the twin or turbine requirement

Hold_Filer
24th Aug 2017, 08:17
I detect some hatred there. Most of the candidates on my group day were working pilots in the 500 to 1200 hour range or more but ineligible for DE due to the twin or turbine requirement

Amen to that. The candidates in my group all had 1500hrs. With experiences of one or two wetseason. Far from 150hr never leave homers.

Capt Fathom
24th Aug 2017, 20:38
Wow! One or two wet seasons? Accustomed to flying whilst wet! :E

Hold_Filer
28th Aug 2017, 04:06
Wow! One or two wet seasons? Accustomed to flying whilst wet! :E

Yes. Many leaky planes.

To be serious. That is the level of experiences your going to get with these job minimums.

Arewegettingjets
28th Aug 2017, 07:12
The recruitment team are coming to a town near you...

Locations: (venue to be advised)

Cairns – 18 September 2017 at 1900
Horn Island – 19 September 2017 at 1900
Darwin – 21 September 2017 at 1900
Kununurra – 22 September 2017 at 1900
Broome – 24 September 2017 at 1900
Perth – 25 September 2017 at 1900
Alice Springs – 26 September 2017 at 1900
Adelaide – 27 September 2017 at 1900

Hold file must be getting worked through quickly.

Flyboy1987
28th Aug 2017, 10:44
How big is the hold file these days?

Hasn't everyone that wanted to work for QLink already applied? And are either now working for them, in the hold file or have failed at the interview stage.

Looks like the recruitment drive is for DE applicants?
Why not call up the stage 2 trainees that have been on the hold list for 12 months? Those poor guys took time
off work when qlink gave them an interview date at short notice, paid for airfares, accomodation, interview training, were deemed successful and now haven't heard a peep since last September/October?

Maybe qlink think it's still 2014 where they can screw pilots around thinking They have no other options....that's no longer the case!

Brakerider
28th Aug 2017, 11:05
Looks like the recruitment drive is for DE applicants?
Why not call up the stage 2 trainees that have been on the hold list for 12 months? Those poor guys took time
off work when qlink gave them an interview date at short notice, paid for airfares, accomodation, interview training, were deemed successful and now haven't heard a peep since last September/October?

Maybe qlink think it's still 2014 where they can screw pilots around thinking They have no other options....that's no longer the case!

Stop acting like "Level 2" deserve to be there more than DE. Whilst I agree stuffing around the level 2 applicants is poor form, the reality is cadets take longer to train, and can't fly with green captains - which is the problem Qlink have!

pinkpanther1
28th Aug 2017, 11:14
I know of DE's who have been on the hold for 6-8mnths so I don't think its just the Trainees...

avi8r84
28th Aug 2017, 11:21
Stop acting like "Level 2" deserve to be there more than DE. Whilst I agree stuffing around the level 2 applicants is poor form, the reality is cadets take longer to train, and can't fly with green captains - which is the problem Qlink have!

Not saying that - but why not give people a go who have proved to be acceptable? What's the difference between the training for a level 2 vs direct entry? A couple of extra jump seat rides? Please, it's an FO job on a big turboprop, give people some credit. if they're good enough to be on the hold they're good enough for a job. :ugh:

lo_lyf
28th Aug 2017, 11:33
If they have such a backlog of applicants who have been on hold for so many months then you have to wonder why they are resorting to this roadshow business? That is a level of desperation which we have not seen. I dare say there is more than meets eye. It's easy to throw a tantrum about why things are the way they are but I have a feeling they are a bunch of smart cookies and that they know what they are doing.

Flyboy1987
28th Aug 2017, 11:57

Never once said they deserve to be there more than DE guys, as I believe DE guys should get preference, even thought I know of several level 2 applicants who all have over 2500 hours at the time of the assessment, but lacked the multi.
Also know of applicants who had a dream first 12 months in the industry and got a start with the absolute bare minimum DE hours, so who deserved it more?

Either way, I would imagine most pilots who meet DE minimums who want to work at qlink have most likely already applied, I'm sure they are aware who are hiring ATM.

cLeArIcE
28th Aug 2017, 15:36
I'd be interested to hear how many have left the hold file over the past 6 months. I was on it for 18 months and couldn't wait any longer. I was lucky something better came up overseas but it seems lately, every second person I meet "was" on the qlink hold file.

Professional Amateur
28th Aug 2017, 21:03
Man there are a lot of people on here acting as if link is the only option. Q link can do what they are doing because of the pack mentality displayed here. Look further abroad for opportunities, try canada or the usa on an e3.

hillbillybob
30th Aug 2017, 03:01
The direct entry guys did their time in GA, they deserve a go before the trainees. I worked at Qlink for a little while and it used to boil my blood seeing the UNSW guys and the other trainee path pilots walking around in the crew room like they earnt their place there.
Do your time in the bush!

Like I said in a previous post all the guys at my group say for level 2 Trainee had experience and more than a few had got leave from GA gigs and flown down from Northern climes.

Professional Amateur
30th Aug 2017, 11:56
So #therealnickfry what are your thoughts from the crew room then?

pinkpanther1
30th Aug 2017, 12:31
Heard from a qlink driver who is friendly with ops that apparently 150+ flights have already been cancelled for next month due to crewing. Surely things must be getting difficult there.

pilotchute
30th Aug 2017, 13:17
Never confuse flight cancellation due no tickets sold versus cancelled due crew shortage.

Flights are never cancelled they are "combined " with other flights.

Hold_Filer
30th Aug 2017, 22:52
Heard from a qlink driver who is friendly with ops that apparently 150+ flights have already been cancelled for next month due to crewing. Surely things must be getting difficult there.

That is only 5 flights per day or 2 returns plus 1. This is probably the normality of their day to day ops. Guessing not something to get excited for.

Head in the Cloud
1st Sep 2017, 01:47
I know of DE's who have been on the hold for 6-8mnths so I don't think its just the Trainees...

Does anyone know what the numbers are on the hold file and how many DE are left? Are the numbers small and thats why they are conducting the roadshow?

Hold_Filer
1st Sep 2017, 05:07
Ignoring all the negative nancy's here. I estimate calls for the next intakes will be done next week. Let's hope some candidates patients is rewarded.

pinkpanther1
1st Sep 2017, 09:40
Ignoring all the negative nancy's here. I estimate calls for the next intakes will be done next week. Let's hope some candidates patients is rewarded.

They do calls about 4 weeks prior correct? I guesstimated the next course to be Oct 23ish. I was expecting calls to go out towards end of Sept

Hold_Filer
2nd Sep 2017, 00:45
They do calls about 4 weeks prior correct? I guesstimated the next course to be Oct 23ish. I was expecting calls to go out towards end of Sept

I wonder. So another month of waitings then. I guess just keep up the hope. I am examining the US as it indicates less waiting, plus chance to fly a jet than turboprop.

Head in the Cloud
10th Sep 2017, 07:25
Does anyone have any idea of how many are in the hold file and what the ratio is from D/E to Trainee?

I have heard there will be courses ran every 6 weeks with 12 on each course or roughly 100 a year?

Does the fact that Qlink are running a roadshow mean they are finally getting short on D/E candidates?

pilotchute
11th Sep 2017, 05:19
I find it very amusing that Qantaslink told me that my CV wasn't "competitive" for DE but Skywest hired me.

Its all b*llsh*t.

Hold_Filer
11th Sep 2017, 05:53
Ok ok guys. I got news. I hear candidate have been called for October? Anyone got informations on this?

Capt Fathom
11th Sep 2017, 06:18
I find it very amusing that Qantaslink told me that my CV wasn't "competitive" for DE but Skywest hired me.

I think you'll find there is a lot more competition for the Qantas job. Not so much for Skywest!

pilotchute
11th Sep 2017, 07:13
I was going write something about how experienced people get told they aren't suitable when people with much less experience get hired. Later I would sit back and watch people tell me it was sour grapes and I probably need an attitude check. Surprisingly someone else would pop up and say my CV must have been crap.

But then I hear of Qlink capts going to Cathay because they can't crack a jet job and I walk away smiling.

Flyboy1987
11th Sep 2017, 08:16
I was going write something about how experienced people get told they aren't suitable when people with much less experience get hired. Later I would sit back and watch people tell me it was sour grapes and I probably need an attitude check. Surprisingly someone else would pop up and say my CV must have been crap.

But then I hear of Qlink capts going to Cathay because they can't crack a jet job and I walk away smiling.

From what I've been told by qlink guys trying to get into mainline, who deal with the same "talent acquisition team", it has nothing to do with experience, it's all about getting the HR girls to like you.
Get off on the wrong foot and you'll be pushing it uphill all assessment day.

I never got into qlink 12 months ago for no good reason, best thing that ever happened to me.

Di_Vosh
11th Sep 2017, 08:18
can't crack a jet job

I'm not sure if mean "Within the Q-group" (i.e. Mainline or J*) by that comment, or in general.

If the former, there are reasons for that, and I'll leave someone else to explain.

Having said that, we've had many Qlink Captains go to Mainline over the past year or so.

Outside Qantas...

Not sure how many Qlink Captains went to Cathay. The year before last we had plenty leave for Cathay, but nearly all of those pilots were FO's.

Most of the Captains who left to go overseas went to Emirates.

DIVOSH!

AU-501
11th Sep 2017, 09:12
Do you guys want the job on offer? Then if you meet the requirements. Then put your your application in with a brief resume attached, both written in English not Swahili (sorry to swahilinese candidates). If you think you are applying for a Dec L/H desk job flying an interstellar spaceship working for Enterprise Cathay Galactica then do that. Seriously....... wtf

donkey767
11th Sep 2017, 09:48
All I can say to those who are avidly waiting for their start date or interview; is don't hold your breath for Qlink! I got knocked back after reference checks (yes, it didn't feel great) - but I've ended up elsewhere at a more enjoyable gig and on better coin. So keep your options open! 👍

Flyboy1987
11th Sep 2017, 10:02
All I can say to those who are avidly waiting for their start date or interview; is don't hold your breath for Qlink! I got knocked back after reference checks (yes, it didn't feel great) - but I've ended up elsewhere at a more enjoyable gig and on better coin. So keep your options open! 👍

Same!
Bit rough after being told at the sim stage "if you pass the sim, you'll be reference checked and then you're in, we're not here to cull anyone"

🤤🤤🤤
Oh well, good to hear it worked out for you mate!

lo_lyf
11th Sep 2017, 10:59
I love this thread. The way unsuccessful applicants carry on like pork chops seems quite befitting.

pinkpanther1
11th Sep 2017, 11:00
Same!
Bit rough after being told at the sim stage "if you pass the sim, you'll be reference checked and then you're in, we're not here to cull anyone"

🤤🤤🤤
Oh well, good to hear it worked out for you mate!

Does "in" mean a start or the hold file?

Flyboy1987
11th Sep 2017, 11:23
Does "in" mean a start or the hold file?

Hold file.

Flyboy1987
11th Sep 2017, 11:27
I love this thread. The way unsuccessful applicants carry on like pork chops seems quite befitting.

Yes we are all "carrying on"
Some of us that were unsuccessful have gone into bigger and better things within 12 months and don't need to bother with qlink.

Good luck to all in hold, I'm sure your number will come up soon.

lo_lyf
11th Sep 2017, 11:30
Yes we are all "carrying on"
Some of us that were unsuccessful have gone into bigger and better things within 12 months and don't need to bother with qlink.

Good luck to all in hold, I'm sure your number will come up soon.

I wasn't referring to you mate. You seem to be level headed. Lucky you who avoided the rat.

Flyboy1987
11th Sep 2017, 23:28
I wasn't referring to you mate. You seem to be level headed. Lucky you who avoided the rat.

All good mate!

Just hope all the guys know that there are quite a few opportunities around ATM, don't sit up north in your c210 waiting for a qlink start date if you're a level 2 trainee, job hunt, qlink will call you eventually.
I understand it's hard to leave a stable job, especially if you're on hold with the link, but you may be waiting forever and miss other opportunities.

Hold_Filer
12th Sep 2017, 23:38

Why this negative conversations about you're national airline? I thought for Australian this would be the dream? For me coming here it is. I am interested but giving more options the thought now.

thelunchbox
13th Sep 2017, 02:18
Heard a couple of guys up north and northwest got the call up last week. Both had been on the hold file for over 12 months.
Seem to be still churning through the candidates, however less are taking up the offer :ok:

Why this negative conversations about you're national airline? I thought for Australian this would be the dream? For me coming here it is. I am interested but giving more options the thought now.

Getting worked harder and paid less than some charter companies is no longer just a dream. Qlink is more national GA than airline :}

At least we get the hat though. :p

Flyboy1987
13th Sep 2017, 03:26

I'm sure qlink would be a great job, but not the only great job going around.
My only advice for people on hold would be to keep an eye out for other options, especially if you're a level 2 trainee, this recruitment drive may attract 50 DE applicants.
People have been known to be on the hold file for years.

Nick_F
13th Sep 2017, 19:14
It's worth the wait although I agree it isn't fair to keep people waiting for so long. They seem to feel good about just having all your names in the hat.

However, if you get the call it's a great start to your airline career.

TUNKA
14th Sep 2017, 05:50
Heard a couple of guys up north and northwest got the call up last week. Both had been on the hold file for over 12 months.
Seem to be still churning through the candidates, however less are taking up the offer :ok:

Level 2's?

Can anyone give any definite info on level 2's starting? With enough people saying the captains hats are too white to take on 'inexperienced' pilots/the program hasn't started yet, it's hard to tell whether a position at QLink is actually tangible for the level 2's on hold.

thelunchbox
14th Sep 2017, 20:23
Level 2's?

Can anyone give any definite info on level 2's starting? With enough people saying the captains hats are too white to take on 'inexperienced' pilots/the program hasn't started yet, it's hard to tell whether a position at QLink is actually tangible for the level 2's on hold.

All DE. To reiterate what flyby said. Don't wait around for the link, especially if you already have a little bit of multi.

Frank_The_Tank
16th Sep 2017, 01:57
Getting worked harder and paid less than some charter companies is no longer just a dream. Qlink is more national GA than airline :}

At least we get the hat though. :p

I'm going to try and add a bit of balance to this argument. There is plenty of coin to be made and Qlink and it is by far the most enjoyable job I have ever worked in. The travel benefits are great too.

I am a year 2 FO in the least busy base, on the 65% base wage. I'm working on average 20-25 hours duty a week barely ever doing a call-in, my group certificate read a bit over 90K last financial year. My counterparts from ground school earned similar. Some who wanted to work more got into 6 figures. (not me, I'm lazy)

Those who join on the 55% wage can effectively expect 10 grand less than my wage for the first three years. This means you'll still earn 80-90k PA, living in a major city working in a much safer environment than any GA company. Commands will be quicker than they have been in the past. I'd estimate I'm about 6 months off a command. 2.5 years ain't bad!

Not saying this will happen forever but guys in the T&C department and even some line Captains who are on the classic fleet, helping out over the ditch are earning circa 250k PA. 1 SYD (line)captain got very close to 300k last financial year (he might have even hit it).

So for those reading the wage bashing, it's simply not true and there is plenty of coin to be made in this job. It is a far superior job than any GA company I worked for (and I worked for 4). If anyone's got more questions feel free to PM me.

thelunchbox
16th Sep 2017, 09:28
I'm going to try and add a bit of balance to this argument. There is plenty of coin to be made and Qlink and it is by far the most enjoyable job I have ever worked in. The travel benefits are great too.

I am a year 2 FO in the least busy base, on the 65% base wage. I'm working on average 20-25 hours duty a week barely ever doing a call-in, my group certificate read a bit over 90K last financial year. My counterparts from ground school earned similar. Some who wanted to work more got into 6 figures. (not me, I'm lazy)

Those who join on the 55% wage can effectively expect 10 grand less than my wage for the first three years. This means you'll still earn 80-90k PA, living in a major city working in a much safer environment than any GA company. Commands will be quicker than they have been in the past. I'd estimate I'm about 6 months off a command. 2.5 years ain't bad!

Not saying this will happen forever but guys in the T&C department and even some line Captains who are on the classic fleet, helping out over the ditch are earning circa 250k PA. 1 SYD (line)captain got very close to 300k last financial year (he might have even hit it).

So for those reading the wage bashing, it's simply not true and there is plenty of coin to be made in this job. It is a far superior job than any GA company I worked for (and I worked for 4). If anyone's got more questions feel free to PM me.

Hey Frank, no wage bashing intended. It just seems as if it's a sign of the times.
When you've got ga and regional (using that term very loosely) operators offering well over 100k base to fly a death pencil it makes you wonder. There are so many other options now.

If you're looking to stay with the props then qlink is hard to beat. Otherwise why wouldn't you go to Rex, airnorth, skippers etc get a command in 12 months from starting then go to jetstar.

There's no doubt that the money has improved but with the movement going around it can't stay stagnant.

Remember these guys aren't doing roadshows because theyd like to do everyone in GA a massive favour and save you the commute, but because crew are going elsewhere or waiting for something better.
There was a time when they'd charge you a couple hundred $$$ just to sit the psych testing. It's nice to see the tables favouring the pilots for once.

Head in the Cloud
16th Sep 2017, 12:43

Thanks for giving an in sight to the company and a more upbeat response to what has been here recently. Do you have an information on current recruitment? Some people have been on the hold file for 12 months, is this length of time going to improve in your opinion?

tronder
21st Sep 2017, 13:13
Thanks for giving an in sight to the company and a more upbeat response to what has been here recently. Do you have an information on current recruitment? Some people have been on the hold file for 12 months, is this length of time going to improve in your opinion?

It's honestly a great company. However they're just so busy that they literally don't have to training capacity to cope which is probably why you don't see much progress.

pinkpanther1
25th Sep 2017, 12:08
Latest from the rumour mill is class sizes are decreasing with fewer than 10 in the past couple of courses. Surely the roadshow was proof that they are still short.....fingers crossed anyway.

Jeps
25th Sep 2017, 22:06
Latest from the rumour mill is class sizes are decreasing with fewer than 10 in the past couple of courses. Surely the roadshow was proof that they are still short.....fingers crossed anyway.

Excuse my ignorance but is the reason the size of the classes have decreased because they can't fill those positions of have had to reduce due to available resources or something different altogether?

Rated De
26th Sep 2017, 00:11
Remember these guys aren't doing roadshows because theyd like to do everyone in GA a massive favour and save you the commute, but because crew are going elsewhere or waiting for something better.
There was a time when they'd charge you a couple hundred $$$ just to sit the psych testing. It's nice to see the tables favouring the pilots for once.

They certainly aren't doing it because they respect the profession of the contribution. They struggle to attract applicants. The easy picking GA fruit tree in Australia sustained major and regional airlines for decades. Now a combination of adversarial IR and demographics means that tree is dying.

Gaining qualifications is extremely expensive
Time taken to gain requisite qualifications (ATPL etc)
Other more viable alternatives
Adversarial employee relations

Means people choose other occupations.As is the case in Europe and the USA regional airlines (which feed the majors) are really struggling. The major airlines slotted to retire big chunks of flight crew by 2020, highlights how acute the problem is.

Who can afford to live in a major city when remuneration levels for First Officers are so low? As is the case in Europe and USA, expensive cities are suffering the most, those applicants signing up want cheaper cities in which to live.

One wonders whether Qlink will get enough pilots for Sydney? As they are amusingly finding out with the turboprop operation flying JQ in NZ, they cannot find pilots, as evidenced by large numbers of flights continued to be crewed by Australians on secondment, at huge cost..:E

Jbrownie
26th Sep 2017, 01:44
It has to be training resources for sure. JQ nz is still doing interviews I think its a matter of getting courses sorted with training staff, I doubt filling them would be an issue as there is a bunch of QLINK/JQ pilots on active hold. Pretty much a way of saying we will call you when we need you, in the meanwhile we don't have to pay you. Fair enough makes sense. Saves $$$

Excuse my ignorance but is the reason the size of the classes have decreased because they can't fill those positions of have had to reduce due to available resources or something different altogether?

ViPER_81
26th Sep 2017, 23:47
They obviously want DE so they can get them in the Air earlier and also move to captain quicker. Also less training resources needed.

The DE's will dry up and they will have to go for the Level 1's and 2's.
Probably take a year or 2 though. Hopefully I can get my commercial sorted by then.

donkey767
27th Sep 2017, 01:07
I feel sorry for the trainee FO's who've made it through with no guidance from HR to when a trainee course is going to being run. (Hence my previous comment of not holding your breath for Qlink). Most of my mates who are DE have been getting starts anywhere between 2-6 months of being placed on hold.

pinkpanther1
27th Sep 2017, 01:57
I feel sorry for the trainee FO's who've made it through with no guidance from HR to when a trainee course is going to being run. (Hence my previous comment of not holding your breath for Qlink). Most of my mates who are DE have been getting starts anywhere between 2-6 months of being placed on hold.

I know of a DE who's been waiting 9 months with no news. As far as I know they still have DEs waiting

ViPER_81
27th Sep 2017, 02:30
So why the roadshows to get more DE's ?

pinkpanther1
27th Sep 2017, 03:26
So why the roadshows to get more DE's ?

Who knows......strange things seem to happen in link.

Hold_Filer
28th Sep 2017, 07:02
Ok guys. Did anyone visit the road show? Any good informations? I'm thinks calls for the next wave of candidate will be soon. I'm getting the multi times in that column now so maybe I wait to upgrade to DE or follow my dream at another airline company.

eukeybound
7th Oct 2017, 14:56
Went along to the roadshow, it was certainly enlightening. Run by a previous recruitment captain who is now in Mainline, but still working with QLink Recruitment.

A lot of information given. The general purpose of the DE target roadshows is to shed some light on the whole process and avoid the ambiguity, false facts and rumours that seem to perpetuate after people are successful and/or unsuccessful.

Pay, conditions, time to command, progression and base options etc. all covered. Recruitment process was covered in depth. It has now been standardised across the board.

Mainline recruitment will be slowed and the general pathway will become QLink -> Jetstar/QANTAS etc. to ensure retention of quality crew.

Lots of detail about why people are rejected or more commonly deferred (the 12 month letter). Interestingly, for those who are griping about being rejected after sim pass or reference checks, it appears that the majority of the time this is done at a senior management level when they do a final review of your file and isn't necessarily exclusively related to your sim or reference checks. This is presented to them (CP, HOTAC etc.) by the HR team, minus name, gender, personal details etc. If there are a combination of red flags throughout the process (i.e. barely passing Psych assessment, sim was only a pass, not highly recommended, questionable performance in group and individual sessions etc.), they will often defer them for 12 months.

That being said, they are still working their way through the 1000 odd applications from L1 and L2 applicants and still have a steady stream of DE drivers coming through to Active Hold. Their main issue seems to be training capability, as it appears that they are pretty much almost at capacity, but trying to get more through.

Very enjoyable session. They were very up front and honest, happy to answer any and all questions and even gave an additional contact email for the Recruitment Captain to answer any future questions people might have.

eukeybound
7th Oct 2017, 15:15
Not saying that - but why not give people a go who have proved to be acceptable? What's the difference between the training for a level 2 vs direct entry? A couple of extra jump seat rides? Please, it's an FO job on a big turboprop, give people some credit. if they're good enough to be on the hold they're good enough for a job. :ugh:

Apparently difference is at least 50hrs more training with a training captain just for starters. Then trying to make up the difference for the multi PIC. So across the two intakes of 12 (300 & 400), with even 50% L2 candidates, that means their training resources, which are already pretty much stretched to the limit, have to cover an extra 600hrs training for the L2 candidates.

Or if it was 50% L2 candidates per year, 2500 extra hours training per fleet.

Flyboy1987
8th Oct 2017, 03:37
So why defer people who pass all aspects of testing by 12 months?
That's a long time and allows applicants to move into other carriers.

If someone attends QF testing, and is deferred, they are then also deferred from qlink and jetstar for a year.

What do they honestly think they are achieving by telling people to try again in a year. Why not 6 months?

Rated De
8th Oct 2017, 03:50
What do they honestly think they are achieving by telling people to try again in a year. Why not 6 months?

A fair question.
It creates a work cycle for HR.

QF are late to the party, but the perspective is that like O'Leary an adversarial IR/HR structure ensures that recruitment is a dreadful slow and bureaucratic process. These processes indicate that HR process capture is active. The intent is not quick delivery of a suitable candidate to the airline, rather adherence to a cumbersome process.

In other words HR is wedged in there, controlling the process and they ensure their own survival. This model requires unlimited supply.

Again as O'Leary in Ireland and Horizon in the US are finding out, delivering a pilot to an airline in order to fly revenue services is actually of far more 'bottom line' value than an office full of admin staff...

Wait for the summer schedule of flying to assess how well the recruitment model delivers pilots to the airline..........:E

Flyboy1987
8th Oct 2017, 04:10
A fair question.
It creates a work cycle for HR.

QF are late to the party, but the perspective is that like O'Leary an adversarial IR/HR structure ensures that recruitment is a dreadful slow and bureaucratic process. These processes indicate that HR process capture is active. The intent is not quick delivery of a suitable candidate to the airline, rather adherence to a cumbersome process.

In other words HR is wedged in there, controlling the process and they ensure their own survival. This model requires unlimited supply.

Again as O'Leary in Ireland and Horizon in the US are finding out, delivering a pilot to an airline in order to fly revenue services is actually of far more 'bottom line' value than an office full of admin staff...

Wait for the summer schedule of flying to assess how well the recruitment model delivers pilots to the airline..........:E

Good point. Just seems that no one has anything good to say about the qantas group HR team, successful or not, everyone seems to have their own horror story.

eukeybound
8th Oct 2017, 04:32
In term of why the 12 months, i'm not sure. But given the amount of time you spend going through all the steps of the process, even if it's an arbitrary time frame that someone in Qantas has selected, it still reduces their risk of just getting the same outcome i.e. someone who just scrapes through. Their emphasis is that the 12 months should be used to gain more experience.

A lot of people getting deferred are just low on experience. I have a couple of mates who got deferred and never even went to the sim. Why? No multi PIC, no recent flying experience, no IFR experience (although they hold the rating) or a combination of those. They're not bothered. They are just using the 12 months to gain more flying experience and then going back again.

Obviously there are some who are deferred who have significant experience, but again, 2000hrs 210 doesn't count as much as 250hrs multi PIC or turbine. Similarly 2000hrs flying skydivers over a coastal city in a caravan doesn't count as much as 500hrs flying charter in NT, Indonesia, PNG in a caravan.

Probably worth remembering too that even though there are plenty of people out there with the minimums or more, that doesn't guarantee you're a good pilot or the right future employee for someone. They have the right to hold you to a standard and if you don't meet it, choose not to hire you. It's not like they're short on people wanting to work there.

Hold_Filer
9th Oct 2017, 04:37
Thanking you eukey. Some great informations there for everyone out in the wild side. Did they give any indicatives of how many there taking each time of an intake? What about the L2 traineeship candidates, are there any numbers of them makeing starts?

It seem complicated but good to know they are making people employees based on there overall quality than just by name or male/female or ages.

eukeybound
9th Oct 2017, 04:45
Thanking you eukey. Some great informations there for everyone out in the wild side. Did they give any indicatives of how many there taking each time of an intake? What about the L2 traineeship candidates, are there any numbers of them makeing starts?

It seem complicated but good to know they are making people employees based on there overall quality than just by name or male/female or ages.

Hi Hold_Filer,

At this stage i believe they are putting 12 at a time through on each fleet. I have heard of a few Level 2's getting through, but don't know any. They are very much still focussed on DE pathway so they can get more experienced crew through the door to cover their gaps at the moment. But they are definitely still intent on progressing L1/2 applicants in the future.

They appear to be very conscious that they are hiring people for an entire career (with the pathway into mainline now open), so they obviously want the best people they can get.

pinkpanther1
15th Oct 2017, 23:01
Anyone heard any news regarding the December course?

Hold_Filer
17th Oct 2017, 00:14
Anyone heard any news regarding the December course?

nothing regarding this. Lets keep our fingers cross for informations this week.

hillbillybob
17th Oct 2017, 04:20
nothing regarding this. Lets keep our fingers cross for informations this week.

I’d be guessing next week at the earliest, week after more likely. Although a couple on the Last course got a fairly early call according to the rumours

Jbrownie
17th Oct 2017, 09:52
Are these courses shared with the JQ dash guys for the NZ operation?

Hold_Filer
18th Oct 2017, 00:11
Are these courses shared with the JQ dash guys for the NZ operation?

These trainings are done concurrently there is no jetstar training place in New Zealand. More competition for limited spaces for already high competitions.

Jbrownie
18th Oct 2017, 05:35
These trainings are done concurrently there is no jetstar training place in New Zealand. More competition for limited spaces for already high competitions.

Sorry what I meant was I know the training is all done in aus, do the dash guys share the courses together? aka qlink and jq nz

Hold_Filer
18th Oct 2017, 21:11
Sorry what I meant was I know the training is all done in aus, do the dash guys share the courses together? aka qlink and jq nz

this is my knowledge of the situation with the limited trainings.

HILFIGER-TOMMY
18th Oct 2017, 22:23
I still haven't heard anything from being on hold for D/E yet...

Seems weird they'd take trainees before direct entries.

Sky Rifle
20th Oct 2017, 01:32
Tommy,

They are taking DE primarily, with a few Trainees sneaking in here and there. This is what was told at the roadshow.

Nick_F
20th Oct 2017, 13:03

Yeah the NZ guys do an Aus QantasLink ground school. So the ground schools are a mix of NZ and Aus pilots.

Hold_Filer
24th Oct 2017, 03:36
Any news from around the place? Did an intake of candidates start this week?

HILFIGER-TOMMY
27th Oct 2017, 07:27
No phone call. :'(

Hold_Filer
27th Oct 2017, 08:53
No phone call. :'(

I feeling your pain. My phone was quite this week to. Anyone got mateys that got the calling from the QCC? Or anyone just started with insider informations?

hillbillybob
27th Oct 2017, 10:01
I feeling your pain. My phone was quite this week to. Anyone got mateys that got the calling from the QCC? Or anyone just started with insider informations?

Nothing heard on the grapevine

QldPilotGuy
31st Oct 2017, 01:11
Does anyone happen to have any contacts in recruitment that reply to emails ?

I am a 737 driver who applied for Direct Entry Qlink and I simply got an automated email saying my application was unsuccessful 3 days after I submitted. Seems strange given the composition of Qlink and Qantas mainline.

Just wanted to see if their was anyone I could pose the question to.

Cheers all

Fujiroll76
31st Oct 2017, 05:22
Seems very strange that you got an unsuccessful email without completing any assessments..I would reply to that email asking for an explanation as it could be a glitch in the system. Unfortunately I don't have any contacts that will help.

- For those waiting.........a further 2 ground schools scheduled for 2017. Up to 16 in each from what I hear.

Level 2's - maybe next year
Level 1's - No chance until you get your ATPL's

Fuji

Jeps
31st Oct 2017, 07:00
Why do they even have Level 1 if the pathway doesn’t actually exist? Merely to generate interest?

Jbrownie
31st Oct 2017, 09:20
Seems very strange that you got an unsuccessful email without completing any assessments..I would reply to that email asking for an explanation as it could be a glitch in the system. Unfortunately I don't have any contacts that will help.

- For those waiting.........a further 2 ground schools scheduled for 2017. Up to 16 in each from what I hear.

Level 2's - maybe next year
Level 1's - No chance until you get your ATPL's

Fuji

is that for q300/400?

Gligg
31st Oct 2017, 10:06
I applied awhile back for DEFO and received a relatively speedy reply saying my application for level 1 was not competitive. I suspect there are a lot of dart boards and fortune wheels around the office.

Hold_Filer
31st Oct 2017, 10:11
Ok Ok. so some good informations there but also the messages seems to be get that multi colomn filling with the hours but also maybe not just the hours. messages show there is some magic to get through also. two more GS this year is going to be a tight fit for the trainers i'm thinking so maybe your data is on the wrong side? but lets hope it closer to accuracy than not.

eukeybound
31st Oct 2017, 10:26
Why do they even have Level 1 if the pathway doesn’t actually exist? Merely to generate interest?

From what they said in the roadshows it was to get people into the recruitment process before they meet the Level 2 requirements because the process can take up to 6 months. That way people are going through the pipeline (subtext="whilst also getting their ATPL's") earlier instead of having to wait until they meet the higher requirements.

Anyone expecting to go into the right seat of an Airline without ATPL's is dreaming.

Jeps
31st Oct 2017, 20:38
Eukey,

That makes sense. A bit like a graduate program in other industries I suppose.

ViPER_81
1st Nov 2017, 01:49
How long is the ground school?

eukeybound
1st Nov 2017, 09:12
How long is the ground school?

About 6 weeks I believe. Line Training up to CTL is about 6 months with the ground school.

Capt Fathom
1st Nov 2017, 10:33
6 months? Didn't know they had re-introduced the Space Shuttle course!

eukeybound
1st Nov 2017, 11:09
6 months? Didn't know they had re-introduced the Space Shuttle course!

I believe that encompasses Ground School, Type Rating plus 100hrs ICUS etc.

Given how flat out their Sims are there is probably some delays for slots as well as the obvious delays due to lack of training captains to cover 1600hrs of ICUS per ground school.

Fujiroll76
1st Nov 2017, 22:57
6 months is about right for a CTL.
6 weeks ground training
8 weeks sims (fyi there are 15 sim sessions to get through...yes 15!
8-10 weeks line training (100-150hrs to get through)

its a very long process hence the current backlog.

to answer the above question - 300/400 positions are generally at random but recruitment will be for both types.

fuji.

Cragganmore
3rd Nov 2017, 21:46
Hi all, First post in pprune. just trying to get an idea of active hold waiting times, I've been waiting for 11 months! Is this normal? I put BBN as first preference. Thanks

Hold_Filer
4th Nov 2017, 21:48
Hi all, First post in pprune. just trying to get an idea of active hold waiting times, I've been waiting for 11 months! Is this normal? I put BBN as first preference. Thanks

This waitings depends on your overall hour counting and how the scorings came back from your interview processes.

Rumorings of candidates getting some 2 month waiting period to over a year out waiting.

eukeybound
5th Nov 2017, 00:23
Calls for the December ground school went out late last week I believe. A lot of BNE basings but pretty much all Direct Entry as far as I am aware.

In terms of time on the hold file, as said above, it depends on your ranking out of the assessment days and whether you're DE or not. From what I can tell, the only L2's getting through at the moment are UNSW cadets. All others are DE.

Cragganmore
5th Nov 2017, 00:30
Calls for the December ground school went out late last week I believe. A lot of BNE basings but pretty much all Direct Entry as far as I am aware.

In terms of time on the hold file, as said above, it depends on your ranking out of the assessment days and whether you're DE or not. From what I can tell, the only L2's getting through at the moment are UNSW cadets. All others are DE.

Thanks guys, I'm DE. I guess it's possible then to be on perpetual hold as others with higher scores slide past into the ground school 😳

Jeps
5th Nov 2017, 01:30
I’d imagine a few of those that they keep on hold for 12 months + would eventually find other things?

eukeybound
5th Nov 2017, 01:46
Incidentally it's worth knowing that the outcome of the Roadshows was that the majority of hiring is going into BNE and SYD bases, with a scattering to the others (1 or 2). The recommendation was made to just take whatever base they offer you, get your number, then transfer internally if you want.

Apparently there was a pilot who turned down three start dates because he wanted Adelaide, while a guy who took the first course for BNE base then applied successfully for a transfer to Adelaide before he'd even finished training (and probably a few months before the guy who held out even got a call).

If you've made BNE or SYD one of your priorities then that's a good step in the right direction.

hillbillybob
5th Nov 2017, 05:22
Cragganmore: 11 months + seems totally normal for the Level 2 candidates so far.

Jeps: I know a few Level 2 guys have made it to 1500 hours TT while waiting and gone screw this and headed to the US

eukey: my base prefs are BNE and SYD and rapidly heading towards 12 months and when you hear the UNSW guys are going straight through at 250 hours it certainly feels like getting close to time to look elsewhere

Jeps
5th Nov 2017, 19:10
Completely understandable HBB. They are only hurting themselves.....

eukeybound
5th Nov 2017, 20:10
As previously mentioned, getting 1500TT is the same as getting 10,000TT if it's all single engine piston.

They are after 250 twin PIC or Single Turbine PIC. The guys on Level 2 will get a call eventually, but while there are pilots coming through that have the DE qualifications they will miss out in favour of more qualified pilots.

Just be happy its not the old 1500TT, 500 Multi PIC etc. or there would be a lot of people waiting a lot longer!

eukeybound
6th Nov 2017, 10:17
Thanks guys, I'm DE. I guess it's possible then to be on perpetual hold as others with higher scores slide past into the ground school 😳

Hey mate, yes in that situation there may be some with higher rankings and/or more compatible base preferences. But bear with it, you'll get a call soon no doubt!

HILFIGER-TOMMY
9th Nov 2017, 04:23
I haven't been flying for 6 months hope that won't matter.

HILFIGER-TOMMY
9th Nov 2017, 05:19
It will I'm afraid.

What way? I can't see how it would.

Brakerider
9th Nov 2017, 06:20
What way? I can't see how it would.

If you haven't flown 150 hours in the previous 6 months, they cannot consider you

HILFIGER-TOMMY
9th Nov 2017, 06:51
If you haven't flown 150 hours in the previous 6 months, they cannot consider you

And this is stipulated how ? Unless put in hold from being at my old job from doing under 150 a year

eukeybound
9th Nov 2017, 07:48
I don't know about the 150hrs in 6 months but if you're not flying it will definitely hurt your chances. Flying, particularly instrument flying is a practiced skill. Once you stop, it erodes (hence recency requirements).

Given the intensity of the training, they aren't going to be keen on trying to to upskill people who aren't current.

They're also not going to be keen on people who get Level 2 and then just sit on their arse waiting for a call.

eukeybound
9th Nov 2017, 07:56
As a suggestion I would recommend anyone sitting working a non-flight job in a major city with their ATPL's (or without), waiting for a Level 1 or 2 call would be far better off pulling their finger out and getting West or North and finding a GA job to build experience.

Between the GA pilots who meet DE and are on hold, almost meet DE and are on hold and those who are still punching around in the wet in a 210 and are on hold, they're all still far better prospects than someone waiting around for a call in Brisbane/Sydney/Melbourne with no currency or a fresh set of qualifications.

Think about who you would want to hire. Nobody has a right to a job. It's got to be earnt (and having a license doesn't qualify).

pilotchute
9th Nov 2017, 08:51
Jetstar NZ have recency requirement of 150 hours in six months. This isn't published anywhere on the careers portal but they will verbally ask your hours flown in last 6 months during phone screening.

mikewil
9th Nov 2017, 10:05
As a suggestion I would recommend anyone sitting working a non-flight job in a major city with their ATPL's (or without), waiting for a Level 1 or 2 call would be far better off pulling their finger out and getting West or North and finding a GA job to build experience.

Between the GA pilots who meet DE and are on hold, almost meet DE and are on hold and those who are still punching around in the wet in a 210 and are on hold, they're all still far better prospects than someone waiting around for a call in Brisbane/Sydney/Melbourne with no currency or a fresh set of qualifications.

Think about who you would want to hire. Nobody has a right to a job. It's got to be earnt (and having a license doesn't qualify).

Though I would've thought that once you have reached the hold file, you have officially "earned" the job. The idea of the hold file is that you have been offered the job and are waiting to be slotted in...

Far Canel
10th Nov 2017, 04:59
Just wondering if anyone please shed some ligh on updating my DE and Level 2 application. I can only seem to update personal contact details. I would like to update details(i.e. TT and multi,MCC, IPC, Level 6 on licence since it needs to be update and correct.

Or//
Do I need to erase account and start again.
Thanks in advance.

Going Nowhere
10th Nov 2017, 07:46
Mikewil,

Until you have a contract with your name and a start date on it, you haven’t “earned” anything.

The hold file is just the next stage in the recruiting process.

pilotchute
10th Nov 2017, 08:28
How may hours you have flown in the last 6 months is irrelevant. 99% of new joiners will have to do a type rating. If your flying skills aren't up to speed by then your in trouble.

Recency is just another filter.

The hold file isn't amother hurdle either. Most airlines who put you in a "hold file" will usually let you know roughly when you will start. You go through a thousand hoops to join then just told to hurry up and wait? Pretty rough really.

I bet when they do call you they want you to start now and get stroppy when you say that's not enough time.

eukeybound
10th Nov 2017, 09:51
Just wondering if anyone please shed some ligh on updating my DE and Level 2 application. I can only seem to update personal contact details. I would like to update details(i.e. TT and multi,MCC, IPC, Level 6 on licence since it needs to be update and correct.

Or//
Do I need to erase account and start again.
Thanks in advance.

Hi Far Canel,

Probably best to email the QLink email and request an update form and just advise them of why you need to.

eukeybound
10th Nov 2017, 09:56
How may hours you have flown in the last 6 months is irrelevant. 99% of new joiners will have to do a type rating. If your flying skills aren't up to speed by then your in trouble.

It's a large jump from flying a single pilot IFR piston twin (or turbine) to going into the RH seat of a multi-crew, high performance RPT turboprop. Type rating is for familiarity and learning to fly the type, MCC etc., not refreshing your basic IFR flying skills.

The hold file isn't another hurdle either. Most airlines who put you in a "hold file" will usually let you know roughly when you will start. You go through a thousand hoops to join then just told to hurry up and wait? Pretty rough really.

Most airlines don't have Level 1 and 2 cadets, they require them to meet minimums before they ever progress anywhere near the hold file.

I bet when they do call you they want you to start now and get stroppy when you say that's not enough time.

Having just had the call myself I can report that they gave me exactly the amount of notice that i requested they give me i.e 4 weeks.

hillbillybob
10th Nov 2017, 10:10
Having just had the call myself I can report that they gave me exactly the amount of notice that i requested they give me i.e 4 weeks.

congrats mate

pilotchute
10th Nov 2017, 10:54
It's a Dash 8 not a rocket ship.

If you dont meet the minimum requirements they shouldn't interview you.

Many countries have put 200 hours CPL holders straight to the RHS for years.

Hold_Filer
10th Nov 2017, 20:20

Wow. All my congratulating to you mates. When do you start at your dream? Did you go through the DE processes or are you level 2 candidate?

eukeybound
10th Nov 2017, 21:55
Cheers guys, starting in December.

Interestingly I went through the full process, initially as Level 1 (with 2 subjects left to do), then upgraded to Level 2 (psych testing and assessment day done as Level 2), then on hold file as Level 2, still working. Upgraded to DE a few months ago.

There were hiccups throughout, particularly technical glitches that saw my Level 1 application rejected a couple of times as not meeting the minimum criteria. Just had to be persistent in getting onto them and chasing for a reason. When I finally heard back, 24hrs later my application was progressing again.

With literally hundreds and hundreds of guys and girls applying for this, there's always bound to be a few issues as well as a lot of competition. If you really want it, you've got to chase it, both application wise and experience wise. I moved to the NT after I submitted my Level 1 because I wanted experience while I waited. Best career decision I've ever made. EVER.

Hold_Filer
11th Nov 2017, 00:27
Cheers guys, starting in December.

Interestingly I went through the full process, initially as Level 1 (with 2 subjects left to do), then upgraded to Level 2 (psych testing and assessment day done as Level 2), then on hold file as Level 2, still working. Upgraded to DE a few months ago.

There were hiccups throughout, particularly technical glitches that saw my Level 1 application rejected a couple of times as not meeting the minimum criteria. Just had to be persistent in getting onto them and chasing for a reason. When I finally heard back, 24hrs later my application was progressing again.

With literally hundreds and hundreds of guys and girls applying for this, there's always bound to be a few issues as well as a lot of competition. If you really want it, you've got to chase it, both application wise and experience wise. I moved to the NT after I submitted my Level 1 because I wanted experience while I waited. Best career decision I've ever made. EVER.

Did you get the 400 or the classical fleets?

pilotchute
11th Nov 2017, 02:30
So next time an aviation company goes under be sure to tell all the pilots to get a job within six months or they won't meet recency requirements.

eukeybound
11th Nov 2017, 06:49
Did you get the 400 or the classical fleets?

Ahh I'll keep that to myself along with basing at the moment but they are hiring onto both fleets pretty equally.

eukeybound
11th Nov 2017, 06:52
So next time an aviation company goes under be sure to tell all the pilots to get a job within six months or they won't meet recency requirements.

I'm sure if they're good pilots with experience they'll snap up any of the GA jobs going around with so many pilots going to the airlines now.

GA are always going to be keen on experienced pilots to satisfy contract requirements etc. Keeps them occupied while waiting for a start date.

Lepper Messiah
11th Nov 2017, 12:11
People, understand this.

Qantaslink needs a LOT of pilots. So much so that we will more than likely see more reductions in schedule, even quite a bit, maybe aeroplanes parked up. Despite what ever the "official" story is, its crewing.

Now before all you people scream "well give me a job then" know this:
The problem is not the lack of wannabe pilots, by a long shot. There are still way way more pilots on the hold file and in the system, experienced and keen to work there.

The problem IS - the training.
It is a big deal to train a qlink astronaut. The numbers above are accurate. It takes time and resources. Training resources is what is seriously lacking at the moment.

With all the movement going on (particularly to the mother ship) guess where all the trainers are not...
So there are few trainers to train trainers, examiners students, everything. Limited sim availability. The training department is stretched very thin.

Not sure whats going to happen really.

pinkpanther1
21st Nov 2017, 10:11
I suppose someone has to ask the question.....Anyone know of the plans for next years courses? If there's going to be a January course (doubtful though given it's no doubt a quiet period for the training department) then I suppose calls will go out early December?

eukeybound
21st Nov 2017, 10:59
From what I know they are doing a ground school every two months so more likely to be February with January call ups.

Hold_Filer
22nd Nov 2017, 07:23
Hey their peeps. So you thinking no good merry Christmas callings for job startings will come out soon?

How many fellow hold filers are in the lucky start date process in December?

thelunchbox
22nd Nov 2017, 09:47
They were on the dog and bone about 2 weeks ago for starts in Jan and Feb.

pinkpanther1
22nd Nov 2017, 09:51

Already doing Feb calls in early November? Seems very early, how come?

717tech
22nd Nov 2017, 23:57
Already doing Feb calls in early November? Seems very early, how come?

Not a bad thing though! The more notice you can get, the better I would've thought?

Maybe they managed to get their ducks lined up for the next few months. Good for the people waiting by their phone :ok:

puff
23rd Nov 2017, 02:59
Considering most businesses almost close over January, just being organised. If the course has to be filled nothing is going to change as to why people shouldn't have a bit of notice.

Hold_Filer
23rd Nov 2017, 09:11

So more waitings on the holding pattern. Can you make a confirmation this was to make a start? I only made hour updates to show my progression up the ladder.

Cragganmore
29th Nov 2017, 05:52

Was the call actually for start dates or just a general "what are you up to? still interested in being on hold" type phone call

Head in the Cloud
29th Nov 2017, 21:04
Was the call actually for start dates or just a general "what are you up to? still interested in being on hold" type phone call

No one has heard for next year. It was just an update call. Jan and feb courses still to come.

Head in the Cloud
2nd Dec 2017, 11:30
No one has heard for next year. It was just an update call. Jan and feb courses still to come.

Correction to the last. Jan course has been notified. Heard of a couple on there.

rolothedodo
4th Dec 2017, 23:08
Is there an option to commute as a qantaslink pilot?
I know alot of qantas pilots who are based in the eastern states but live in perth and commute for work.
Is there an option like that for qantaslink? also what is the rostering like?
Is it a strict minimum of working 5 days per week? or are the rosterings flexible in the sense that you can condense all your flying into a couple of days for the week?

Fonz121
4th Dec 2017, 23:44
The odd person has and does but in reality no, it's not possible. Maybe if you went part time but otherwise expect to work five days a week.

If you wanted to be away from home for five days at a time and head back on days off then you obviously can but what sort of existence is that?

Hold_Filer
4th Dec 2017, 23:47
The new guys that got the starting this week how is it their at QLink?

No calling from the QCC for me this week so i hold out for news in 2018 keeping the twin hour topping up.

Hold_Filer
3rd Jan 2018, 22:31
Any one gotten any news from the QLink about this year's recruiting?

Everyone going to America instead of the waitings game! Yeah.

mrdeux
5th Jan 2018, 07:24
So more waitings on the holding pattern. Can you make a confirmation this was to make a start? I only made hour updates to show my progression up the ladder.

You do realise that the hold file isn't actually a queue..... If they like a later applicant more than you, they'll come in on top.

wishiwasupthere
5th Jan 2018, 07:55
You do realise that the hold file isn't actually a queue..... If they like a later applicant more than you, they'll come in on top.

They should rename it the Skywest Hold File. Go on it for 6 months with absolutely no communication from Qlink, apply to Skywest, and 4 weeks later move to America to start with Skywest.

dwpegasus
5th Jan 2018, 23:22
Out of curiosity, has anybody heard about a mature age candidate being accepted as a trainee or DEFO. Aka older than 35-40.

longrass
21st Jan 2018, 07:26
What’s the latest on recruiting for trainees?

Fujiroll76
23rd Jan 2018, 02:01
They should rename it the Skywest Hold File. Go on it for 6 months with absolutely no communication from Qlink, apply to Skywest, and 4 weeks later move to America to start with Skywest.

And then realise after a few years that I should’ve waited because America isn’t the answer.

Brakerider
23rd Jan 2018, 02:37
What’s the latest on recruiting for trainees?

Recruitment is heading heavily in the direction of Level 2 Trainees. Level 1 will be superseded by the 'Future Pilot Program'

Suitable Direct Entry candidates are drying up. (in the hold pool at least)

Give it the herbs
24th Jan 2018, 04:07
Latest update - calls for Feb start went out yesterday. MOSTLY/ALL DE's.

I suggest guys who are on hold for Traineeship 2 look into other avenues if you're not flying a twin/turbine.

Cathay Pacific have just opened up recruitment, AIR NZ are actively recruiting and SkyWest if you fancy a one way ticket to the US.

Professional Amateur
24th Jan 2018, 07:51
Why do you reckon Skywest is a one way ticket to the USA? I would think multi turbine command would be a positive for a return to mainline at a later date...

Bumble_Pilot
26th Jan 2018, 04:01
The way I see it. Pretty sure operators will take people with jet time in the US over say single engine turbine time. Hope its the other way around because I'm sticking in Aus!

longrass
26th Jan 2018, 04:03
I’m getting close to thinking about applying for the traineeship. If there is anyone here who would be willing to chat with me about their experience in getting in/through and thoughts on it, I’d love for you to PM me. Thank you!

Hold_Filer
26th Jan 2018, 21:19
Hey there my fellow @hold_filers. I finally got the calling for start at the QLink. My emotions are running hi for the starting. No more waitings in the holding pattern.

QF330
29th Jan 2018, 08:04
Hey there my fellow @hold_filers. I finally got the calling for start at the QLink. My emotions are running hi for the starting. No more waitings in the holding pattern.

Congrats!!!
What base and fleet did you get?

Super G
11th Feb 2018, 22:29
Out of curiosity, has anybody heard about a mature age candidate being accepted as a trainee or DEFO. Aka older than 35-40.

G'day,

I was accepted by Qlink back in 2011 as 40 year old with around 1900TT, 1300 multi engine, mostly turbine time. Would have had a command on the Q400 in around 18 months had I not resigned to return to a higher paying gig. Only resigned as there was no clear career path at the time to mainline. That changed somewhat soon there after.

As an aside, 8 out of the 10 guys and girl who started on my early 2011 Q400 course are now on heavy jets in Dubai, Asia or here in Oz as late 20s/early 30's year old. Qlink is a great place to work and build valuable experience. My experience - terrific people and challenging but fun aircraft to fly. And the training is world class.

Re your age - like any modern, progressive organisation Qlink places knowledge, experience and ATTITUDE above anything else. Note caps on attitude. Humility, a willingness to learn every day, keen situational awareness and the ability to learn from one's (and others) mistakes is key in any aviation job.

My advice, if you have the hours they require to apply and can afford starting out on the $70k odd (could have this wrong) they pay now then go for it. :ok:

TurboProp2120
12th Feb 2018, 22:54
Is there much success with people who apply for the level one traineeship?

Seems like a good wicket if you can get it.

pilotchute
15th Feb 2018, 00:30
Hello.

Could someone maybe post or PM me with a guide to the sim ride? I had a skim through the previous pages but couldn't see anyone speak about it.

Help is much appreciated.

Thanks

stevie g
2nd Mar 2018, 06:44
So I get an email today saying to complete "the following assessments for your QantasLink Pilot Application.

- Dimensions
- Elements (verbal)
- Elements (numerical)
- Elements (logical) " ........

which I've already done 5 months ago .................

Anyone else suffer this indignity or are they telling me something?

Capt Fathom
2nd Mar 2018, 08:53
Do you want the job?

Rated De
2nd Mar 2018, 08:55
Anyone else suffer this indignity or are they telling me something?

Do not feel despondent Stevie, sit and observe any airline's 'corporate HQ' Where desks and filing cabinets dictate who is da boss.

To an administrator a paper cut is a real threat, Hawaiian shirt Friday a wardrobe Emergency and Operational Decision Making a risky art; do I have the Danish or will I risk a Doughnut?

Apart from that, we know not what they do, so anything that generates the paperwork to justify their cost to the business is a good thing (for their survival)

Rest assured even an email advising them of their own myopia (you already did it) is welcome: You are feeding the beast!

Stick with it! :ugh:

avi8r84
9th Mar 2018, 07:13
Any calls for the next course yet?

vortex2
12th Mar 2018, 06:49
Just wanted to see if anyones knows when they have ground courses booked for this year and what sort of notice they give you?

and how long after the interview does it take to get a yay or nay.

Cheers

Head in the Cloud
17th Mar 2018, 23:20
Just wanted to see if anyones knows when they have ground courses booked for this year and what sort of notice they give you?

and how long after the interview does it take to get a yay or nay.

Cheers

They run courses every 6 weeks and the last one started on the 26th of Feb. They generally try and give 4 weeks notice but it has known to be shorter if something changes last minute.

Unfortunately no exact time frame, some people know within the week some takes 2 months. if you haven't gotten a rejection letter then its not a bad thing it just means they haven't gotten to your file yet.

vortex2
18th Mar 2018, 04:26
Thanks for that info mate. Guess its just the waiting games!

lo_lyf
28th Mar 2018, 03:31
So I'm hearing stories that HR are telling pilots that are in limbo on 'active hold' to do the pre-employment medical (at a cost of no less than $500, maybe even more) PRIOR to being advised if they've been successful or not. Not cool at all.

Active hold. The biggest oxymoron of a phrase I've ever heard.

vortex2
28th Mar 2018, 04:22
So I'm hearing stories that HR are telling pilots that are in limbo on 'active hold' to do the pre-employment medical (at a cost of no less than $500, maybe even more) PRIOR to being advised if they've been successful or not.

Surely they must be having a laugh!!!
Bloody hold files! what a joke they are! if there was a shortage why don't they start filling up the future ground course and stop playing with people.

Don Diego
28th Mar 2018, 05:46
They are scrambling to get all flights crewed tomorrow let alone planning what might happen in the future. If they won't give you a start date look elsewhere.

Fujiroll76
28th Mar 2018, 21:13
So I'm hearing stories that HR are telling pilots that are in limbo on 'active hold' to do the pre-employment medical (at a cost of no less than $500, maybe even more) PRIOR to being advised if they've been successful or not. Not cool at all.

Active hold. The biggest oxymoron of a phrase I've ever heard.

You won’t see much change from $1000 for the Pre EM

Ellie_Vator
16th Jun 2018, 03:52
Hi All,
Anyone have any recent info on the interview/sim process? Or is this thread quiet as it's all come to a grinding halt at link with lack of training capacity :ugh:

Hold_Filer
16th Jun 2018, 23:42
Hi All,
Anyone have any recent info on the interview/sim process? Or is this thread quiet as it's all come to a grinding halt at link with lack of training capacity https://www.pprune.org/images/smilies2/eusa_wall.gif

Hi mates, yes they are still on the hiring process and needing more and more. My hearings from the most recent intakings is that the selection sim can do lots of profiles so don't just do your study on one place. They are taking the low hour experiences to, no more any need to go traveling and fly GA, come here and then go to the Mainline. My plan, app already in and i have not even done my check here.

havick
16th Jun 2018, 23:49
Hi mates, yes they are still on the hiring process and needing more and more. My hearings from the most recent intakings is that the selection sim can do lots of profiles so don't just do your study on one place. They are taking the low hour experiences to, no more any need to go traveling and fly GA, come here and then go to the Mainline. My plan, app already in and i have not even done my check here.

thanks for the laugh

lo_lyf
17th Jun 2018, 10:06

You realise everybody knows who you are?

Cleared for take-off
25th Jul 2018, 14:55
What experience levels are getting the interview and the you are in? Training wise, is there a backlog in courses and resources, how long are people spending in the hold pool?

JPJP
26th Jul 2018, 20:19
You realise everybody knows who you are?

I always assumed that he was an 11 year old Chinese kid, sitting in his parents basement in Guangzhou trolling. Is the reality funnier ? A Qlink CP perhaps, or Allen ?