PDA

View Full Version : Buying a used aircraft Questions.

pistongone
5th Mar 2016, 20:09
OK, so the inspection is done and we are going to close the deal. What logs, certs, other paperwork should, might, or otherwise might not,accompany the aircraft?
I have an idea of what is usually in the file taken on board a rental aircraft etc.
CofA or annual release.
Radio licence
Weight n Balance
Engine logs
Airframe logs
Noise cert?
Registration cert, signed by the seller?
Any invoices relating works described?
Any info would be appreciated, or a nod to the relevant place to find such info.
Best Regards
PG.

Jan Olieslagers
5th Mar 2016, 20:24
On what national register is that plane now?
Which one do you want to register it on?

In what category is it registered now?
In which category do you seek to register it?

150 Driver
5th Mar 2016, 20:54
Assuming UK Register and staying on UK register, what I got with mine was:-

CofA
ARC
Radio Licence - although this is not transferable and a new one need be applied and paid for
Weight & Balance
Engine Log
Airframe Log
Certificate of release to service following last time in the workshop (probably 50/100 hr check)
Deferred defects log (even though all cleared)
Copies of tech logs since the last check
Noise Certificate
I didn't get the registration certificate on pick up as I transferred ownership prior to collection - from what I recall, yes this was signed by pre owner and sent off, by the time I collected I therefore had my own
POH
Instruction manuals for all avionics
Maintenance records - which were summarised from the maintenance organisation's computerised records. This caused some excitement with my appointed engineers who wanted the original handwritten records to be told they weren't available. Long story short, I resolved it by leaving the maintenance with the previous guys, but check with your intended engineer what they expect.
Copies of invoices for bits with unexpired warranties (in my case alternator)

pistongone
6th Mar 2016, 13:46
Reply to Jan, it is on and staying on the G reg, even though I spend most of my time in Belgium (Near Roeselare). So it will be commuting often between LFQO and the UK as the parking etc is much less than Belgian airfields and it is only 15 minutes further than Kortrijk. UK base will probably be The Squadron North Weald.
Thanks 150 Driver, that was what I am looking for, sounds like you purchased recently? Interesting to note the radio licence is not transfereable? Is it automatically issued with the new registration?

150 Driver
6th Mar 2016, 19:49
Yes, purchased early 2013.

I think (sorry, from failing memory here) that the radio licence was separate from the transfer of registration