PDA

View Full Version : Sick bags

Romeo Romeo
24th Jun 2002, 18:42
I was reading the recent posts about what people had in their flightbags and one thing which I noticed was AerBabe's post about the sick bags she had. 10 airsick bags - 8 from Iberia, 2 from Virgin AtlanticNow I nick 'um as well! Flying is too expensive without going around buying items such as sickbags which over the years could end up costing you a pound or two. My question is about sickbag nicking etiquette. Do you steal them at the start of the flight (that way you know they're empty) or do you get them at the end and how many is it acceptable to nick, anyway? I wonder if the other passengers think 'Oooh, that poor soul - they must suffer terribly from airsickness'

Wherever you get them from it's important to have one though. On one of my first flights with my (now ex, hmmm, I wonder why) girlfriend she started to feel 'unwell', so I told her that if she was going to be sick, she should 'throw-up in the bag', however in a noisy C150, that sounds very much like 'throw-up in the back'. I'm glad it was a club aircraft not mine and I feel so sorry for the person who flew it after me!

AerBabe
24th Jun 2002, 18:51
I leave it until the end of the flight to nick 'em. Don't want to risk any accidents from people within firing range. If you leave the aircraft last you can walk down the aisle and filch as many as you like on the way. ;)
My friend just came back from holiday with two more for me, as he thought I was collecting one from each airline :eek: The QANTAS one is particularly amusing, as it has a special offer for photo developing on it. Interesting... :D (it's also the largest... what does that say for the airline?)
Iberia have a nice little metal strip at the top, to keep the bag shut - extremely useful.

sennadog
24th Jun 2002, 21:47
Bit like condoms really. Make sure that they haven't already been used and you can double bag them if neccessary!

Romeo Romeo
24th Jun 2002, 22:00
The ones which I took with me from an Alitalia flight had those metal fasteners on as well. If anyone from Alitalia's reading this, I took them in case I got motion sickness on those flat escalator things - you know the ones - for people who are either too lazy to walk or want to run down them to see what it would be like to be Lynford Christie (or is that just me :) )

In that other thread someone mentioned sandwich bags with handles that tie-up - YUCK!

Cusco
25th Jun 2002, 01:25
I always find Bag, Airsickness Nato stock no 8105-99-130-2180 pretty good.

Self sealing and thick and big enough for a really big barf.

Also when flying with inexperinced SLF, l take a wrap of paper towels and some wet wipes. (bum wipes are even bigger)

Also carry a 40D 8465991376876 Bag Crew Relief but never had to use it yet. (came close once mind,but that's another story
Cusco

;)

knobbygb
25th Jun 2002, 10:39
Cusco, I bet your 40D 8465991376876 is a lot more expensive than my empty Buxton water bottle:p

BUT... I assume it comes with some kind of valve to let the pressure equalise as it fills up! Anyone who's thinking of going for my more down to earth method, remember that an airtight seal might not really be what you want:eek:
(never tried this in the air, only on the M1).