PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Performance Model

VertuM
29th Feb 2016, 12:04
Hi

I’m helping out on the development of an online-game I like to play. The game puts the player in the CEO seat of a real world airline and simulates many aspects of growing an airline and competing with others.

We constantly try to improve it and make it more realistic. One aspect which is currently only very basically implemented, is the aircraft performance. For obvious reasons, it is not straight forward to find a model to calculate this.

My question is if any of you would have tips, formulas or possible links where I could find additional information on building up a solution that would allow me to prepare a basic model to calculate the payload and fuel burn for a given route. The model should be able to calculate the max possible payload based on a given airport pair, taking into account airport data like runway length, elevation, maybe even seasonal/average temperatures and a commercial aircraft type/model. I would also like to calculate the fuel burn based on a specified payload for that flight.

The model should be simple enough to only use parameters which are publicly available or at least reasonable guessable.

Any hints or tips would be highly appreciated.