PDA

View Full Version : Ashcroft

The man formerly known as
24th Jun 2002, 13:27
Are there any aircraft for hire or group flying at Ashcroft or is it soleley a private strip??

27th Jun 2002, 07:38
Come on. Somebody must fly there or know of it???:)

Holdposition
27th Jun 2002, 08:47
As far as I know it is a private strip & no aircraft for hire, you can always give the man a ring to see whats available etc, nice strip with a good pub couple miles away by the way.
Is there a particular reason for asking about Ashcroft or just a general question, if you expand I maybe able to asssit more.

27th Jun 2002, 10:35
Hold,

Thanks for the reply. It is currently my nearest airfield and I drive past it to go to on to liverpool.I thought I could save myself a lot of travelling time and landing fees if I could get hold of a share at Ashcroft.

Unfortunatly they don't seem to have a share board in the club house (or a club house for that matter) so I was trying to work out if any flying possibilities existed there via Pprune.

If you know of anyone with a share for sale let me know.

Spiney Norman
27th Jun 2002, 10:46
Hi there.
Ashcroft has recently been up for sale so there may be a new owner shortly. Last I knew the owner was still Steve Billington. As above, I'd give him a ring and see what the latest information is.

Spiney

Negative 'G'
27th Jun 2002, 18:04
When did that miserable git called 'Lockyear' leave ?

Neg G

Spiney Norman
28th Jun 2002, 09:30
Hi Neg G
Steve bought the strip about 18 months ago but I noticed it was being advertised for sale just after Christmas this year. I've no idea why. I haven't heard anything about a new owner so he may have decided to take it off the market, or there could be a new owner.

Spiney