PDA

View Full Version : Glasgow ATCO - hit & run victim

Brian 48nav
18th Feb 2016, 18:47
An ATCO out training on his cycle earlier this week was struck by a car which did not stop, does anyone know how he is?

Geffen
18th Feb 2016, 18:59
Cyclist left for dead with broken back after horror hit-and-run incident near Glasgow - Daily Record (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/cyclist-left-dead-broken-back-7381787#0IAL3Cx2zSmVBSqU.97)

Thoughts out to him and the family.

10W
21st Feb 2016, 18:34
Left hospital today on crutches, prognosis good so far. Obviously a bit to go for recovery but physio and other treatments will help him on his way.

No sign of the scumbag driver yet though.

EastofKoksy
21st Feb 2016, 20:18
10W, thanks for passing on the good news.

Brian 48nav
22nd Feb 2016, 09:29
That's much better news than we could have expected a few days ago.

Although long retired I am a keen cyclist, as is my ATCO son and a lot of his mates at Swanwick, I am sure they will join me on passing our best wishes for a speedy recovery.

My pilot No1 son and his 3 sons are also keen cyclists - sadly No1 son's best man, brother-in-law and best mate, Tom Barrett ( then OC Northolt with a promising career ahead of him ) was killed on his cycle 5 years ago by a speeding white van man, who was driving too fast on the A40 into the setting sun!

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
22nd Feb 2016, 11:30
I hope the hit-and-run victim, subject of this thread, will soon recover. Just think of the EGs he is building up whilst off work!

Too many nutters on the roads now. My grandson and several friends were out riding their motorbikes when they were flashed by a white van driver. They stopped to see what was wrong and the van driver promptly drove into them. My grandson's bike was written off and one of his friends ended up in hospital.

maxred
22nd Feb 2016, 11:41
I am really sorry to hear this, and glad that he was not killed. I too am a keen cyclist, but had to come off the roads around here, (Glasgow), because frankly my life expectancy dropped markedly. Almost everyone I know within my cycling fraternity has been whacked, and some have experienced life changing injuries. It really is Death Race 3000 for cyclists on roads today. Such a sad state of affairs...speedy mend for this guy.