PDA

View Full Version : HCAA to BCAA

DutchDutch
17th Feb 2016, 18:04
Hi Aviators,

there is something I could really use your help with!

I have an (expired) EASA License CPL ME IR with HCAA (Greece).

About a month ago I did the LPE check and got my level 6.

After trying to call the HCAA daily for about two weeks, on phone numbers provided by my old flight school, the phone was never answered I am quite frustrated! :ugh:

The reason I was trying to contact HCAA was to update my flight license with the LPE level 6. After talking to my school several times, they informed me there is nothing they can do to help me out.

I even contacted the main office of the EASA and they suggested me to check their website which gives me some names of the people in charge of the HCAA, however no email addresses or phone numbers! :mad:

This year I am planning on doing a proficiency check to make sure my ATPL results won't expire. I will be doing this in Belgium and I would like to change my flight license from the Greece Authority to the Belgium Authority.

Is this possible?
If so, what do I need to do to arrange this?
Is it better to change from HCAA to BCAA before I do my prof check?

All information and help is appreciated!

Cheers :ok:

DutchDutch
21st Feb 2016, 10:09
Fellow pilots,

I got almost 250 views but no replies unfortunately.

Doesn't anyone have experience changing his License from one 'state' to a different one?

All the advice and tips are welcome.

markkal
21st Feb 2016, 10:18
Hi DutchDutch,

I changed my licence from french to italian time ago, for the french did not want to endorse one of my ratings taken abroad.

Straightforward for EASA licences, but some countries will require you to have proof of residency. Italy did not, UK will also issue it regardless of where you live. France will not, check that out with belgium.
You will have to transfer your medical records to the CAA issuing your new licence, and if I am correct do at least the first medical there..

Hope it helps

Regards
mark

markkal
21st Feb 2016, 10:28
Hi DutchDutch

I changed my EASA french licence into an Italian, time ago as the french refused to endorse a rating completed in Italy.

Straightforward, no big deal.
However you will have to transfer your medical records to the new state of issuance, and if I am not mistaken take the first medical there.

Good luck with dealing with the Greeks they need to send your medical over.

Then some countries like France will require proof of residency if you are not a french national to issue the new licence.

I know for sure the UK will issue you a licence without you needing to be a UK national or have residency there.

Check that out with Belgium, if you are a Belgian citizen, it should be OK.
Good luck !

DutchDutch
23rd Feb 2016, 16:58
Thank you for the advice Markkal, I appreciate it! :ok: