PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft valuation for probate

parkfell
16th Feb 2016, 17:20
Can anyone suggest a reputable UK firm that can value a PFA homebuilt for probate purposes?

muffin
16th Feb 2016, 19:06
David Morris at JustPlaneTrading has got to be a good start point.

tmmorris
16th Feb 2016, 19:24
Make sure you say it's for probate, as probate valuations should be worst case scenario (i.e. You have to sell in a hurry so price is at low end).

Sir George Cayley
16th Feb 2016, 19:26
Condolences for your loss.

There's a difference between a valuation for the purposes of probate and the market value of an a/c.

I know it might be a sensitive time for you but there's a wealth of knowledge on here about valuing planes if you would like some advice?

By all means check out all sources of info, but in the end it's the market that decides.

SGC

Aubrey.
16th Feb 2016, 21:21
I'm sorry for your loss.

I conduct probate valuations on a regular basis but for art and antiques, never an aircraft, however the principle is the same. A valuation for probate should be the lowest achievable price if the item was offered on the open market, for example at auction. Certainly not anywhere near retail value. If it was a car, the valuation would be closer to a 'webuyanycar' type of price. I'm afraid I can't suggest a firm to contact, but best of luck.

parkfell
18th Feb 2016, 08:23
Thanks for the pointers.

foxmoth
19th Feb 2016, 05:51
If you put the details on here you will probably get some sort of idea, though there will be the problem of sorting out the wise guys!

Above The Clouds
19th Feb 2016, 10:05
You may like to try contacting the light aircraft association LAA.

xrayalpha
20th Feb 2016, 02:48
Alex at Aircraft for sale UK and Europe, main menu. (http://www.afors.co.uk) has given valuations for insurance companies for the aircraft lost in the hangar fire here six years ago.

I think he will have a pretty good idea and be a reputable and believable source.