PDA

View Full Version : The latest threat to pilot job security?

Mark in CA
16th Feb 2016, 08:29
Experts believe cognitive abilities of the most intelligent pets can be directed towards flying a plane.
After weeks of problem-solving and reasoning tests, the best-performing dogs will be sent to flight school for ten weeks of intensive training.

One will ultimately be chosen to take the controls of a light plane in the experiment...

There is reportedly no truth to the rumor that some airlines are backing this experiment. ;)

http://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/styles/story_medium/public/thumbnails/image/2016/02/15/18/5-dogs-might-fly-2-OxfordScientificFilmsLtd.jpg

Britain's smartest dogs selected for TV plane challenge | Home News | News | The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/dogs-might-fly-britains-smartest-canines-selected-for-tv-plane-challenge-a6875546.html)

Hotel Tango
16th Feb 2016, 09:18
I always said this job was going to the dogs!

The Ancient Geek
16th Feb 2016, 10:21
They have got it wrong.
The dogs's job is to make sure the human does not touch the computer.:D

sunbird123
16th Feb 2016, 12:24
Will not solve the crewing problems in the Mid East airlines,they do not like dogs.
Same with the Chinese airlines,they eat dogs.

Marlon Brando
16th Feb 2016, 12:49
They've choosed a male dog. This is unfair, and a serious discrimination act

Airclues
16th Feb 2016, 13:28
Job security.......what about dog security?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NvBGb5lf78

FLCH
16th Feb 2016, 13:28
Didn't a Flybe pilot get into trouble for calling his F/O a bitch....now maybe he can say it in a legitimate fashion !

semperfubar
16th Feb 2016, 13:43
I wonder if pay to fly will be forced on them...

aterpster
16th Feb 2016, 13:53
He'll sound as good on the comm as some of those New York controllers.

dazdaz1
16th Feb 2016, 14:13
MOL is way ahead on this, junior f/o...........

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b9/dazdaz1/images.duckduckgo.com_zpsuzfk5mz4.jpg (http://s16.photobucket.com/user/dazdaz1/media/images.duckduckgo.com_zpsuzfk5mz4.jpg.html)

Tasmanian
16th Feb 2016, 15:06
Soon there 'll be flying cats cadet programs in the ME, kittens will go for 777 and mature zooids for 380, watch the news!:8

ESSP Flyer
16th Feb 2016, 17:50
And with more than two of them on flight deck they can perform a CATIII landing easily....

Deep and fast
16th Feb 2016, 18:31
Korean airways will struggle with the landing after the cabin service :}

Slow and curious
16th Feb 2016, 19:01
“You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, ‘Wow, you’re right! I never would’ve thought of that!’”

Dave Barry

G0ULI
16th Feb 2016, 19:10
Putting seeing eye dogs on the flight deck is one way of addressing the laser problem. They lie there snoozing with eyes closed until needed.

propaganda
16th Feb 2016, 19:28
Negotiations with management should be a little less one sided with a room full of pit bulls. The other positive aspect is the crew food will improve.

Twiglet1
16th Feb 2016, 20:23
Biggest threat to Pilots join security - themselves .....
If it was your Company would you employ some of your colleagues ....???

Out Of Trim
16th Feb 2016, 20:30
Things are going to get Ruff!

With all those dogs on guard! :D

Ronaldsway Radar
16th Feb 2016, 21:05
I fear they're barking up the wrong tree with this one.

Mac the Knife
16th Feb 2016, 21:14
Barrister: And what were you doing when this most serious upset occurred?

Dogpilot: "urrrr, blush, ahem, I was actually licking my balls your honour......sob"

Mac

:}

Mac the Knife
16th Feb 2016, 21:24
"Alfie is a 23-month-old collie-lurcher cross. He’s full of energy and loves being around other dogs.

Shadow is a two-and-a half-year-old Staffordshire bull terrier-collie cross. A bit of a joker.

Chilli is a two-year-old Pyrenean shepherd cross from Spain. Chilli loves being handled.

Spot is a two-year-old terrier-beagle cross who was originally a stray. Confident and eager to play.

Shadow is a two-and-a half-year-old Staffordshire bull terrier-collie cross. A bit of a joker.

Sox is an 18-month-old boxer-Labrador cross who’s excitable and a bit of a comedian.

Blondie is a friendly 22-month-old Labrador cross all the way from Spain.

Wilf is a collie cross with bags of personality. 22 months old, he’s already had a few homes.

Honey is a high-energy lurcher cross. Two years old, she’s very loving, despite being a stray.

Tess, 18 months old, is a Belgian shepherd who was a boisterous puppy.

Poppy, 2 ½, is an Australian kelpie-collie cross, who’s very bright with focus and a keen mind.

Reggie, an 18-month-old German shepherd Labrador cross, who was originally a stray.

Spike, 2 1/2 year-old Parson-Jack Russell cross, loves to get involved with everything."

Many of these describe some of my pilot chums to a "T"

Coat, hat, etc.

:cool:

neilki
16th Feb 2016, 22:03
I've been saying 'My dog is my copilot' for years. Hey, at least when New York Approach bark orders at us, he can bark back...
sorry.. i'm getting my coat. and leash...