PDA

View Full Version : PPRuNe Cricket Team?????

BRL
24th Jun 2002, 09:50
I know its a long shot but would anyone be up for getting together for a game of cricket sometime in August? I have all our works gear here to use, all you need is your own whites. I was thinking of getting a game against someones local pub team or something like that preferably around the London area. There must be a few of you out there who play regular. Any thoughts?

There is already a post of this on Jb I know but I am copying it to a few other forums now.

yogibear
24th Jun 2002, 11:30
What date in August red ?

BRL
24th Jun 2002, 12:26
Not sure yet Yogi, just got to get the team together first then make plans from there. Anytime really, totally flexible on this.

TheKentishFledgling
24th Jun 2002, 16:36
If I can get to it, definately :)

I haven't played cricket seriosuly this season due to club games being on Saturdays, when it's a day for flying a lot of weekends.

But I'd love to get the odd game in if possible. Please put me down as a maybe!

tKF

PS Yes, I am only 14 (well 15 in a month tomorrow!) but have played a lot of mens cricket before!

BRL
24th Jun 2002, 16:53
Ok, KF, i will put you down. We have 8 now. I will post more details nearer the date, keep an eye on the main thread in JetBlast. :)

sennadog
24th Jun 2002, 17:32
If you get really desperate and need someone to make up the numbers, then count me in. I'm crap but I can run quite well....:D

BRL
24th Jun 2002, 18:49
Many thanks Senna. Your number 9 then. :)

Evo7
24th Jun 2002, 19:06
I'd be up for it but I'm unlikely to be free (any day, ever :( ). Let me know the date, but don't include me in the team unless the alternative is A.N.OTHER... :)

BRL
24th Jun 2002, 19:10
Hi Evo, I am looking at a Sunday in august.

Evo7
24th Jun 2002, 19:13
OK, unless I've done my QXC by then (possible, but unlikely) I'll probably be flying. Still, you can keep me as an A.N.OTHER substitute if that's any use :)

TheKentishFledgling
24th Jun 2002, 19:14
Just for the record.....
I think I will be able to do any Sunday in August, except the 4th, cos I will have got back from Mallorca the day before :)

Looking forward to this :cool:

tKF

iainpoll
24th Jun 2002, 19:53
I'm up for it (opening left hand bat/left arm spinner).

I could organise some opposition in the North London/Essex area if required.

Email if you need help with this, be glad to assist.

Iain

I have control
24th Jun 2002, 19:54
Oh dear this thread puts a tear in my eye, an English cricket lover trapped in the land of people who simply cannot be taught to bowl overarm. Believe me I have tried...

Every morning I give a wistful look towards my Duncan Fearnley used only once last summer when my brother came to stay...

(sniff)