PDA

View Full Version : What do people think of SFT?

Tug Pilot
2nd Mar 2001, 00:21
I am at the moment a poor college student studying my a-levels and trying to decide where to do my CPL/IR when I eventually find the money! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif I have been given many oppinions of various schools but they have all been very different! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif I recently visited Oxford and SFT. I thought they both seemed to be very impressive but I felt far more welcomed at SFT. I think I would prefer to do it here. Is there anyone who has been to either of these schools who can advise me on what they are like and what you are flying now!

Wing Commander Fowler
6th Mar 2001, 18:37
Cannot recommend SFT highly enough. Went there to finish off an IR which all went very pear shaped due to V poor treatment at British Aerospace Prestwick.

SFT welcomed me with open arms - gave a discount, and finally waited very patiently indeed for the final bill to be paid due to some very embarrassing circumstances. I'm sure they wouldn't make a habit of the last bit but the rest is all second nature to them. Instructing standard exceptional and Bournemouth a great base to fly from. Go to it!!

Nishko
6th Mar 2001, 19:15
I agree with WCF, I am about to start the new distance ATPL theory, and I expect to continue with at least a CPL/IR there - they were by far the most helpful people when I payed them a visit. I was introduced to all of the key people, and coupled with thier growing reputation (good) I am fairly confident in my choice.

Good luck with whatever you choose....

Nish.

Kiltie
6th Mar 2001, 20:49
Hear Hear.

Tug Pilot
7th Mar 2001, 02:39
Cheers guys, you've helped me loads in choosing my school. :)

By the way, what do you guy's fly? In other words, what are people flying once they come through SFT?

Jetdriver
7th Mar 2001, 02:51
Many years ago as a young F27 First Officer, I needed to aquire an ATPL quickly. I couldn,t get time off, and therefore needed to do a correspondance course at home in the evening between flights.

SFT did the job. No nonsense, fast replies, and a first time pass. Did an IR too come to think of it, years earlier at Wycombe air park. Same result.

You should be fine with them !

757,s

Wing Commander Fowler
9th Mar 2001, 18:42
Sorry Tug, missed that bit...... First Job Saab 340 then 18 months later 737 Efis.

Good luck.